Skip to content

'QPR close in on Wycombe 'keeper Matt Ingram'

Comments

• "No comment from QPR on reported singing of Wycombe Wanderers gaolkeeper Matt Ingram" A wonderful headline from the BFP

• More cracking work from an awful newspaper.

• A perspective signing too. We can all see through that one.

• For me this is the right decision by us. His progress seems to have slowed this season although admittedly this could be due to the fact that he no longer has Mawson in front of him marshalling the defence. I'm no expert but could see him benefitting from a better support network in improving his command of the box etc.

• Rumour is his singing is terrible.

• "the perspective signing." Dear god, where do they get their sub-editors from these days - out of a skip?

• Nothing on WW or the Hoops website or twitter. Speculation frenzy has commenced more like.

Anyway I have every trust in Lynch if Ingram does move on.

• Me too.

• @MindlessDrugHoover the sad thing is they can no longer afford sub editors.

• And what's a "perspective signing" ?

• One that any fool can see through.

• also on twitter

Transfer Centre Live
    @TransferCentreL

Swansea City have also agreed a fee with Wycombe Wanderers for goalkeeper Matt Ingram. pic.twitter.com/fAVS5MjcTP
    4:59 AM - 22 Jan 2016

• And "prospective".

I'm used to them being poor but they really excelled themselves on this occasion - two spelling errors in the headline and another in the first paragraph.

• Nice to have a bidding war for one of our players, if what's reported is the case. This could be a very profitable month for the club. If we lose Ingram to QPR hopefully they won't be back for Pierre. Given our weakness in attack this season we really couldn't lose two crucial members of our defence in one fell swoop and have any chance of a promotion run.

I was interested in the quote from Ainsworth linked to by @NewburyWanderer earlier, where he name checked Stewart and O'Nien as other players getting interest. I can't believe there would be bids for either until the end of the season but I really hope he gets O'Nien on a long contact soon as I really don't want to lose him this summer.

• @Tom 150-200K? Just compare him to Villa's Guzan who would probably cost about 2 or 3 mill. That should be nearer the mark. 200K would be an utter disgrace.

• i dunno some fans think 200k is alot money living in the early 90s syndrome ingram is a big talent only 22 800k minimum

• Ingram is as good as David Bentley at Southend if not better and he is valued at 1.5m. I hope we don't get stiffed on the transfer fee just because we need some money.

• 3 mistakes in the heading and the first line of the article? You have to chuckle at that paper.

Who the heck do they employ?

I can hear whichever guilty gimp whose error it is now whimpering

"I ran a spell check on it though...and it didn't flag anything up"

• I don't think he is as good as Bentley, and he's playing in a lower division.

• Just because he is playing in a higher division doesn't automatically make him a better keeper. If we had gone up would Ingram or lynch would be better?

• Bentley has only had half a season up there though!

It's futile making comparisons though, we never get what other clubs get, as we're generally in a weaker position from the start.

Worst one I remember was Mickey Bell, who was ripping the division up, going for 150k in a tribunal to Bristol City, who were obviously in our division then.
    Absolutely ruined the mood of optimism swelling over that summer.

Then Darren Barnard, then still the same level as Bell, went for 750k!!

was he 5 times better? no chance

• might as well forget trying to win over people here malone they'd be happy selling ingram and pierre for a 300k pair swap deal

• The key word being and - Bentley is better AND playing in a higher division than Ingram.

• sky seem to think its a done deal

• edited January 2016

@BSE said:
    sky seem to think to think its done deal.

Thought that was a EA Sports FIFA 2016 release screenshot for a moment.

• how is bentley better than ingram he plays one league higher so what judjing by his valuation ingram value shouldn't be to far away from his if bentley valuation is 1.5m then ingram should be 1m

• I wish it was on fifa ha ha!

• yeah, I'm not sure someone playing league 1 automatically puts a sh!ttonne onto the fee!
    Championship maybe.

• I think it does increase the valuation, although I've not got any evidence.

• If we sell him for under 500k
    then we aà a club are an utter disgrace, Ingram is absolute class. He will go to bigger and better things and people who think he won't reach the premiership are deluded. I would say he will go on and be one of the best players that we have ever produced. We may be In debt but we have to stop being a push over and a laughing stock.