Skip to content

Aston Villa given the Beechdean (Main Stand)

Comments

• Ask the club they have been transparent as to the numbers

• It looks like there are £75 hospitality packages left. These appear to be the remaining 300-400 seats in the old main stand after Villa's 700 allocation is taken out.

• Can we blame the club for giving villa the main stand..no....i prefer a sell out home crowd excited and chanting! Halifax, millwall and aston villa. All have two a's..Arsenal next?

• How do you get two a's in Millwall ?

• So over 8k, so imagine a win or a draw. Happy ac"counting".

• I don't blame he club for giving villa the beach dean stand. I didn't think we would sell so many tickets so quickly. With the benefit of hindsight it was undoubtedly an error, however. I wonder if they have looked at pinching back some of the tickets and reducing the villa allocation if they have not yet sold all their tickets?

The capacity issue is a total nonsense. We should just sell the extra terrace tickets and keep the income off the books.

• @ChasHarps said:
    How do you get two a's in Millwall ?

Simple we all ate millwall haha

• @Wendoverman Sitting near Dr Who? Why would he need to get a seat - surely it would be easier to go forward in time and he'd know the result anyway. Could even land the Tardis on to of the main stand.

• I would imagine Frijid taht after saving the universe a couple of times he wants to chill out in his crocs watching some quality low league football, poor refereeing and a bit of handbags over a disputed free-kick with the rest of us.

• Villa yet to sell out.
    Hopefully they will do otherwise it will make the decision to give them the Beechdeen even worse. The tickets are on general sale at Villa now so maybe some of the WWFC fans that missed out can get them there, having to infiltrate the away fans!
    If we get through let's hope for an away tie next so as to avoid the club having to make any more decisions on ticket distribution.

• I hope Villa have been selling them from the away end out, so that if they do end up with a few hundred spares, we can have them back and try and shift them!

Looking at the Villa site, their upcoming home game seems to have a tonne of empties...

• Villa are only selling one ticket per person so they don't seem to think they're going to have any difficulty selling them.

• I would be very surprised if Villa didn't sell this out, they must have a fair contingent of London-based fans in any case.

You would also think that in a season in which they're likely to go down, that a cup run might be the best distraction they could hope for (although I appreciate there's the reverse argument of "save all the effort for the league and trying to stay up", but I think they're a bit past that now).

• Hopefully they don't get any tasty new signings in before our game.
    Hopefully it's the same mob who've been appalling so far this year.

• @PBo said:

You would also think that in a season in which they're likely to go down, that a cup run might be the best distraction they could hope for (although I appreciate there's the reverse argument of "save all the effort for the league and trying to stay up", but I think they're a bit past that now).

Good point. I was hoping that they may be thinking survival was the most important thing and not worry about the cup. But you're right. They've gone beyond that now so may be well up for it. Damn.

• I think a lot will depend on their attitude to the match, I think if we get in their faces from the off (which let's face it is pretty likely) their heads may drop, especially if we get an early goal. I expect us to be pretty hoofy and physical and to try and muscle them out of the game.

I'm usually not the optimistic type but I think we've got a chance here.

• I think they'll probably love the distraction of losing to top teams every week, and be glad they're instead playing a bunch of lower league scufflers!

Handle our jostling, and they should comfortably stroll through.

Let's hope they can't handle our jostling, and that Holloway comes in for Kretzch

• Villa have now sold out

• Villans hoping to see a win at last I would imagine. I fear more disappointment awaits.

• without being a negative nelly, a draw would be a terrific result, back to their place for a replay, where even if they only get a 30,000 crowd instead of their normal pushing 40k, that'd be 45% of 30,000x call it £22 to average out kids/oldies etc...

close to 300k. Serious injection of funds.

• As a Villa fan coming down for the game, how sure are you that Villa have this "main stand" as all I've seen and heard up our way is that we have the stand behind the goal which is all we had last time ?

• You've got 2 stands for this game. The one behind the goal, which is I believe limited to 1,800 or so (was originally a full 2,000ish), and most of the main stand (making it up to the 2,550). Press, dignitaries/hangers on in there as well.

• That makes sense then ..... I know 2,250 is what we sold albeit your average fan seemed to only have access to the stand behind the goal.

Looking forward to it. Been a few times with Villa and always enjoyed the place and the people ..... just a real nice club and I wish you well in the years ahead.

PS: If you could play badly Saturday just in pity then it would be appreciated !!!

• Do you know if there will be a beer tent in the car park like last time as word up here is that pubs are closed until after kick off ?

• @Paul33 said:
    Do you know if there will be a beer tent in the car park like last time as word up here is that pubs are closed until after kick off ?

There's a beer tent on the left just inside the main gates. It's specifically for away fans but haven't seen any news yet on what will be on offer beer or food wise.

• edited January 2016

You're still a Premier league outfit, with some quality players, so unless you play like dirt, and we have a rare top performance, or you don't have enough players up for the physical battle, then you should be ok.

The realist in me actually hopes for a draw, as I expect you'd still get 30,000 minimum even for us midweek, and we'd really benefit from that gate money! Well, 45% load.

I might need to recommend you take a look at WWFC Twitter, they'll no doubt have the word on away facilities. I can't imagine we'd be foolish enough not to have a beer tent for such a huge contingent, even if it's after 11am only (is that the law? I'm not really a drinker in fairness)

And if you've been before, you'll know parking/access isn't the best, so have a decent plan, be it an official Villa coach, park n ride bus, or walking in from a mile or so away.

• I spoke to the bar manager on this topic Saturday and my understanding is there will be facilities for the away support (Vere Suite will be home fans only). If it's the marquee at the away end there is a burger van there usually so you will be alright for fodder.

• I just had a look on one of the Villa forums. I've got to say they are quite respectful of us when discussing club stature, and I feel quite sorry for them in their current predicament. Would still be great to nick a win though.

• Thanks for your help on this one.

As for parking, I have a cunning but probably really stupid plan for Saturday. Thinking of coming off the M40 early and coming through Bolter End / Lane End and along Park Lane to Lane End Road. My hope is (a) to avoid traffic heading from Wycombe to Hillbottom Road and (b) to find parking on Lane End road before the junction with Hillbottom Road so that getting away (reverse of route) is easy.

Will that work ? Is there parking on the Industrial sites of Lane End Road ?