Skip to content

Aston Villa given the Beechdean (Main Stand)

Comments

• edited December 2015

Having been kicked out of the Beechdean I will be sitting somewhere near Dr Who in the family stand. Hopefully Garde will still be dealing with a depressed, mentally sapped team requiring wholesale changes...

• Does the high demand for tickets indicate that giving Villa the Beachdean may have been a mistake? We could have the bizarre situation where home fans have to infiltrate the away section in order to get a ticket! :-)

• No. Not at all. Bear in mind, that season ticket holders could have bought as many as they wanted. I (as a non-STH) bought this morning, for 7 people, didn't have a great choice of places to sit but it was still fine in the end.

I really wish we had had an away draw instead, but whatever the result is, this cup run is a success.

• edited December 2015

I'm really surprised at these sales and I suspect the club might be too. They might not have given the main stand to Villa if they'd known but it's hard to blame them for it as the Wycombe public don't usually turn out in such numbers.

It's good that they are though.

• lets see if the 1000 that remain go, and remember capacity for this game is 9.500

• As I recall the home terrace capacity was cut quite substantially a few weeks ago.

Could anyone tell me on the new capacities, how many tickets are available to home supporters. I believe it is 2500 for away supporters.

thanks

• @Ciderk1d I agree. I can't believe that some fans on here are moaning about increased prices, and away allocation for this one. It's a big game and we need to generate as much as we can from it. I really don't see what the problem is with the ticket allocation either. We are STHs and we simply bought tickets for our mates at the same time (that's what mates do). Sorted. Including one who has never been before!

• Did you buy my season ticket seat though @FrijidPink . That's my only problem with the ticket allocation and I think it is something that might become more of an issue at renewal time in the summer.

• Shut up moaning about your seat. The terms and conditions of the wwfc season ticket were changed in the summer to reflect the policy used. Always read the small print in future my old chum.

• Still claim to work in the club shop, Rich?

• Chris u r an ass

• ❤️

• Hi @richmayes999 . As eloquent as always I see.
    Changing fundamental terms and conditions without any briefing is nearly always going to lead to a few moans. And those who use excuses such as 'read the terms and conditions' don't tend to last long or do very well in customer service roles.
    That's all fine if you don't care about your season ticket holders. Let's see if the now visable consequences of that change will make a difference come renewal time. It's certainly got me thinking.

• FA cup third round - premiership opposition, near capacity crowd...what do I read? MOAN MOAN MOAN - come on people, club need to makey money - cheer up - it will be far "worse" if we beat Villa and we draw another home tie - happy crimble

• terrace now sold out

• Apparently season ticket holders will have there seats reserved for the next round after we beat Villa.
    I don't really consider what I'm saying as a moan but some people might. Nice to see the old tradition of shouting down the moaners is alive and well though.
    The cup game seems to have captured the imagination but plenty going on before then. For me the cup is about the experience rather than the money though.

• Most people would describe you as a serial moaner.

• Thanks @mooneyman . Opinions come with critisism. I'll take that.

• Its a sell out. Just tried to buy 2 more. None left.
    Proved me wrong I guessed 8,000

• Interesting exchange I heard in the Beechdean at the last match. A couple were sitting not far from me...then their ST holder pal turned up: 'We're right over there...'
    'But we bought these tickets because they are near your season ticket...'
    'Ah yes...but our old season ticket seats were empty so we moved back over there...'
    'But the view is much better here...'
    'I know. But it's the principle...'

• I thinking giving the Main Stand over was a rash decision at best. In 95 we sold out for West Ham, In 2001 we sold out for Championship Wolves and Wimbledon. I realise that crowds have gradually dipped since then but surely we could have expected to sell out a one-off match against a bigger name than all the above.

• I also feel having fans in the main stand has certain advantages such as close to the managers and more visible to the players. Putting villa fans in there is helping their chances considerably.

• http://po.st/WYCvAVLTickets

This confirms a sell out - or in other words around 8,500 tickets have been sold.

Can someone please confirm where the remaining 1,000 tickets are?

It is quite concerning that given the physical capacity of the ground is over 10,500 and that number watched a wasps game around 18 months ago, it appears to be 2,000 down on that for goodness knows what reason. Over 1,000 fans are missing out and the club are missing out on around £10k as a result of this absurd capacity nonsense.

• Capacity for game is only 8,700

• @richmayes999 why is the capacity only 80% of actual capacity? It doesn't make any sense.

• Ive just added it up and thats the total anybody with a calculator can do it

• Well yeah we can all add up. But where have the missing 1,000 (or 2,000) gone?!

• Capacity is 9,776 for football !!!!!

• Rugby has different regulations per safety certificate etc

• Capacity should be 10,000 despite the nonsense that was recently announced ... And should have been challenged at the time.

But even if the capacity is indeed 9776 where are the remaining 1,000 tickets?!