Skip to content

Aston Villa given the Beechdean (Main Stand)

Comments

• @Midlander - There is still some confusion as to what the licensed capacity of the away end is. No official announcement was made (as far as I'm aware), but the amount of tickets sold for that end is always below the 2,026 seats.

• "ChasHarps
    1:59PM Flag
    I bet the Woodlands bar members are not to happy, despite having forked out between £70-£80 for an annual bar pass, they will have to pay £10 more to use the same bar for the Villa game."

Chas can you remember at the start of this season, a Woodlands member remarked "oh its so lovely and empty in here now" after they put membership prices up?, so no I bet they're not happy, ha ha ha ha.

• @Ciderk1d Unfortunately it's the 3k regular fans that are suffering. STH's are struggling to get through on the phone and when they do they are likely to find their usual seat has been sold to someone else. I think you'll find that long term revenue generation is not helped by alienating your most loyal customers.

• Does it really matter so much to sit in your normal seat for a one off cup game? If it does, you must live a very boring and unfulfilling life!

• I am normally in the Beech Dean...I fully expected us to be turfed out for this one...so I hope it's a sell-out!

• @mooneyman Personally, no, I'm not too fussed. But there are very few real benefits of having a ST, i.e. it's not as if you need one to ensure you get in to the regular home league games. Tradionally, one of the few times it's worth having a one is when a big cup game comes along. I'm just wondering if after today whether there will be some STH's who won't see any benefit in that either.

• Still engaged.

• Surely season ticket seats are being held for those ticket holders aren't they?

• @Doob The main benefit is that you reduce the cost of games...

• edited December 2015

"Surely season ticket seats are being held for those ticket holders aren't they?"

Nope...

• @bill_stickers Yes, that's true of course, if you are able to attend them all. I imagine many STH's miss the odd game so if they only buy an ST to save money I doubt they save very much. They are, at least, guaranteed to sit in their preferred seat each week, for league games anyway. For cup games they may not even be in their preferred stand!

• @Doob, I see your point. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, springs to mind. C'mon Management pull your fingers out, STH are your bread and butter.

• I probably made 10 attempts to get get through, then spent 25 minutes on hold. Not fussed about my normal seat in the family stand, if they are charging £25 all over, I got the best I could in the Upper Tier

• I have been at work all day and not able to hang on xxx time to sort out tickets. Will have to go to the ground tomorrow and hope I can get 2 tickets for myself and my son. Only problem being I am a main stand STH and being turfed over to the Frank Adams stand, I am having a total knee replacement on Wednesday and certainly won't manage top tier !!!

• Same for me Ewan....engaged and then closed at 5.15 (although it says 5.30 on the website) will have to try at 9am. I don't mind the Family Stand as you are quite near the action...and less steps for yer knee...probably.

• I was down the ground earlier and the staff are rushed off their feet, the ticket chappy is doing a marvellous job, I certainly sensed a whiff of cup fever. A special mention must go to the young lady who deals with the phone bookings, what a pleasant and excellent member of the office team, whether it's in person or over the phone nothing is too much trouble for her.

• I think she is Millwall

• She doesn't sound or look much like Danny Baker !!

• Slight question mark here is whether villa will need 2500 tickets. Bottom of the league, no wins since opening day, away to a fourth division team, game on TV,, these days cup not so attractive. Ok they remain a big club and relatively speaking just up the road but still a lot.

Anyway let's hope it's a sell out and a good day plus who knows a win or a draw to keep the coffers full.

• Tried several times today but got engaged every time. I don't work in Wycombe and there is only a certain amount of times I can call from work. Frustrating as my ST is in the Beechdean so going to have to move and all the best seats elsewhere will be gone! I will probably have to get them before the game tomorrow night so just have to hope they will have the capacity to cope and not have a long queue. I remember being in a queue for Liverpool tickets on a Tuesday evening whilst the game that night had started.....Pleae WWFC, have enough staff on!!!!

• we have only sold 1000 chill out !!!!

• @ChasHarps - how right you are about Richard and Lily. They go through hell at times like this (incredibly stressful) and somehow keep their cool despite considerable provocation from some customers who really shouldn't take out their frustrations on them.

I got my regular seat this afternoon after queuing for about a quarter of an hour and a seat nearby for my guest - there was certainly no question of selling me an STH seat next to or near mine and I am sure no STH seat will be sold to a non-STH before Thursday. We will just have to swap around as we always do on these (very rare) occasions.

I was slightly surprised by the £10 premium for the Frank Adams Club, having paid £120 at the start of the season but I believe the letter given to us at the time did specify that what we had paid only covered league games.

• Just been down to the ground and got our tickets for the villa game, no queue nice and easy got our normal seats however the 4 of us will ot be not using the Woodlands before or after the game. While I understand the need to raise money for the club, yet again season ticket holders are penalised. When will they ever learn. !!!!

• Got tickets over the phone. Waited just 10 minutes and tickets to be emailed out to me. Behind the goals and turfed out of my Beechdean seat but there you go. Maybe next year a ST is less attractive as I do miss three or four games a season. With little benefit to ST holders for cup games, then pay as you go may actually save money next season.

• @Blue_since_1990 Therein lies the problem for the club and why they need to make season tickets an attractive option.

If by not buying a season ticket and buying match-to-match instead someone can save money, and no other benefits of season ticket ownership are perceived, then save money that person will. The club will receive less income as a result.

If a person with a season ticket typically misses three or four games a season, there may be a few more games each season that they have chosen or made a special attempt to attend partly because of the feeling that they have paid their money up front and want to get their money's worth. I expect that the same person may be likely to miss more than three or four games a season if they haven't paid up front for a season ticket. I am sure, for example, that people would be more likely to give a wet, cold January game a miss if they hadn't already paid for it; hence even less income for the club.

I know that, for me personally, I would probably be one of those who would miss more games if I did not have a season ticket; if only because I wouldn't have the excuse, when other family members or my employers want me to do something else, that I can't change my plans as I have already paid for and got my ticket.

• Cannot get through on the telephone and cannot make the game tonight! Starting to feel FA Cup panic...

• @richmayes999 "we have only sold 1000 chill out !!!!"

But how many would we have sold if everyone could've got through? The phone lines are jammed again today, how many people will simply give up and decide to watch on the telly?

• Please be patient. Richard is manning the phone while Lily (and Becci) are serving tickets to those queuing. Everyone will get served in time.

• Alan is right...took 25 mins on hold but got my ticket in the end. Good luck everyone.

• Wandered down yesterday lunchtime and got my regular st seat plus another five tickets next to it, bringing one regular, two Chelsea fans that I'm trying to convert and a a couple of Wycombe exiles from Leicester.

.....just hope the stewards on the vere keep away fans out, it's crowded enough as it is.