Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth

Comments

• @EwanHoosaami please see my explanation above

• @glasshalfempty said:
    I think it's because so many Plymouth Argyle fans get their knickers in such a twist that makes victories like yesterday's taste just that little bit sweeter.

Really? What a small minded pathetic human being you are. Anyway most of you miss the point ie it’s irrelevant how much you dislike our club manager players or fans , nothing can excuse an afternoon of systematic cheating and depriving paying customers especially young ones of watching a game of football. Your acceptance of this confirms your lack of respect for the game and as well as never darkening your door again I’ll cheer on every opponent of yours until you disappear out the league which is inevitable if you carry on cheating like this, as my mum says cheats never prosper

• @th100 said:
    @glasshalffull Perhaps that was an overreaction, it's just that the displaying of Remembrance Day symbolism all-year round has become associated with the recent rise in nationalist sentiment - I'm not saying that's the case with this particular flag, hopefully I'm just reading too much into it.

Best assume so unless you're sure otherwise, eh?

• This is what interesting the comment is sexist and disgusting but I see nothing in the flag to offend

• @BuckinghamBlue said:
    This is what interesting the comment is sexist and disgusting but I see nothing in the flag to offend

Consulting with my 16-year-old social media expert, I gather it is possible that too much may be being read into the initial comment, too, though I'm struggling to understand the way in which he thinks the internet context he says is relevant changes the ordinary meaning I would tend to give it.

• "As my mum says"!!! Superb

• @tommytynan01 said:

@glasshalfempty said:
    I think it's because so many Plymouth Argyle fans get their knickers in such a twist that makes victories like yesterday's taste just that little bit sweeter.

Really? What a small minded pathetic human being you are. Anyway most of you miss the point ie it’s irrelevant how much you dislike our club manager players or fans , nothing can excuse an afternoon of systematic cheating and depriving paying customers especially young ones of watching a game of football. Your acceptance of this confirms your lack of respect for the game and as well as never darkening your door again I’ll cheer on every opponent of yours until you disappear out the league which is inevitable if you carry on cheating like this, as my mum says cheats never prosper

Does your mum also say wipe your eyes, tuck your shirt in, get over it and stop being a whiny little shit

• @tommytynan01 said:

@glasshalfempty said:

If your mother is right, the league will be empty pretty soon. Won't somebody please think of the children (though you can not worry about my son, who enjoyed the game much more than me, was particularly pleased with the three points and who saw much less to object to in our team's conduct of the game than I did).

• @glasshalfempty said:

For the record, Wycombe’s 13 home games so far have produced 39 goals, more than any team in the top 6 with the exception of free scoring leaders Luton. I don’t think too many have complained about the entertainment value at Adams Park this season.

• I don't think I've ever witnessed a phenomenon like the collective mental breakdown suffered by Plymouth manager and fans every time we play them

It makes it so easy for us to beat them it's untrue. Which obviously makes it even funnier.

I'm continually amazed that Derek Adams is still employed as a football manager. He just seems so bereft of the mental strength required it makes him completely unsuitable for the role

• His comment was idiotic and appalling. Flag? Not so much.

• @tommytynan01 said:

@glasshalfempty said:

Hahahaha.
    Now listen again to your mum and get to bed, it be schooling tomorrow

• I'm still not sure what cheating we did yesterday? Some rather unnecessary time wasting perhaps, but cheating? On the other hand, it didn't take too much detective work from some of our fans to dig up examples of genuine cheating from Plymouth.

• Just when you think there's some absolute tools in the Plymouth contingent, you go back a page and see one of our idiots with his tweet and flag

• @tommytynan01 said:
    >

We have a winner!

• @tommytynan01 said:

@glasshalfempty said:

To quote Hagrid: dry up, you great prune.

• According to the beeb Wycombe have had an added 48 mins in the last 6 games an average of 8 mins per game, miles more than the league one average, so we’re not the only club you indulge your systematic cheating on. Ainsworth post match reckons Plymouth are a “good side” who will “soon be flying up the league “ which explains though of course doesn’t excuse the cheating

• What will it take for you to disappear back to your own club’s forum as you are seriously boring people on here?

• Well exactly what you did to me yesterday

• Ainsworth is pure class in his demeanour. Probably a bit of a learning for the Plymouth gang.

• @tommytynan01 said:
    According to the beeb Wycombe have had an added 48 mins in the last 6 games an average of 8 mins per game, miles more than the league one average, so we’re not the only club you indulge your systematic cheating on. Ainsworth post match reckons Plymouth are a “good side” who will “soon be flying up the league “ which explains though of course doesn’t excuse the cheating

Gareth is almost always very generous in his comments about other clubs and never critical. As Malone suggests, it might be a positive lesson to take away from your otherwise uninstructive visit.

• Oh I learned a lot yesterday , how not to treat our beautiful game

• It has sounded like you had that all figured out already. Maybe the next lesson will be about self-awareness.

• God you're boring, at least 5 minutes of the added on time was directly due to your foul play, which was the only actual cheating on display.

Enjoy relegation you bunch of classless pasty molesters.

• And on GA being positive about Plymouth after the game, that's just him showing his class, as he does in every post match interview, even when it's not deserved by the opposition on their performance.

He could quite easily and reasonably have come out and gone in on your team and Adams after your shocking display, as you looked every inch the mid table league 2 outfit you're destined to be next season, as well as highlighting your unnecessary elbows and bizarre substitution of one of your only threats in Lameiras, but he didn't. Compare that to Adams' whining, I know that I'm glad we've got Ainsworth as manager.

• This is becoming very boring. I suggest that any Chairboy fan no longer responds .

• Firstly, for someone who claims no-one is interested in us @tommytynan01 has spent a lot of time engaging with us. I think he might be starting to experience a bit of Wycombe love!

• Love for a crappie non league club in a Lego stadium set at the end of a muddy lane on an industrial estate with silent fans and an anti football cheating team and manager , err love not quite the word

• It wasn't mud it was shit!