Skip to content

2017 Trust AGM

Comments

• I sense the same@Blue_since_1990 and @OxfordBlue

• In view of earlier comments, dangerously close to libel IMHO. Suggest be careful how you respond or better still ignore. (I agree with Blue since 1990 by the way)

• Also, have any would-be Directors ever eaten Beachdean ice cream? We have a right to know.

• Cranberry Dried Fruit & Nut Sacks. Sounds like bollocks to me.

• Just a reminder that the Trust AGM is this Wednesday 29th starting at 7.30pm in the Caledonian Suite which will be open from 6.30pm http://www.wycombewandererstrust.com/2017/11/agm-notice-to-trust-members

• Thank you Alan, I certainly plan to be there.

• Just to confirm that the club will be providing a choice of lasagne or curry to buy from 6.30pm before this evening's Trust AGM kicks off at 7.30pm in the Caledonian Suite

• Just back from the Trust AGM. I didn't get elected but many thanks to those who voted for me. Although a little disappointed, I'm certain that the Trust remains in excellent hands.

• Hard luck Peter, I thought you came across extremely well.

Hope you stand again next year.

• Ditto, I thought you spoke very well, Peter, and was sorry you didn't get in. Perhaps next year. Congratulations to Tony Hector on getting elected.

• Thanks Steve and all who voted for me.

• Congratulations Trevor and indeed everyone who had the passion and courage to stand.

• Lisa Bowker certainly spoke with passion and I hope she stands again next year. Karen Adams made the comment that we need women on the Trust Board, we do, and it took courage for Lisa to stand. I was hoping for more of a shake-up this year, it needs it.

• Congratulations @ForeverBlue - Was there much else to report from the AGM?

• Why does it need a shake up @Steve_Peart ?

• With Dale gone, the Board is now made up of ageing males, which can make it very daunting for a woman to stand. There is a tendency to vote the same people back in, you need an input of fresh ideas. There seems to be a lack of young Trust members, I don't know if the Trust can give the average age of the membership, and the male/female split.

• Silly question by me, Trust don't hold age details.

• @Steve_Peart I think you're wrong there. When I turned 25 they contacted me to inform me that I had to increase my direct debit as I no longer qualified for the young persons membership.

• Thanks @OxfordBlue, a young Trust member!

• @Steve_Peart I too hope that Lisa Bowker will stand again. Thought she was unlucky - every candidate spoke well, so it was a difficult choice.

Did anyone else find one particular question from the floor directed to Lisa unnecessary and rather patronising? The one about whether she would support a new manager coming in, in the event of Gareth leaving for any reason.

• @NewburyWanderer, it was a very strange question, I didn't understand what he was getting at, Lisa handled it very well.

• @NewburyWanderer That particular pointed question was certainly unnecessary.

Mr Dooley was very quiet too!

• Trevor Stroud made the comment that, although finances are stable (debt halved to £1.2m), the club still needs to attract outside benefactors, making it attractive to invest whilst safeguarding the status of the club, or words to that effect. I'm not sure how that can be achieved without giving away equity, which I would not support, but we shall see how this unfolds.

• Debt only halved? I thought we got £2.25m for Ibe and that was all going towards paying down the debt. If the debt was £2.4m before, what was the rest of the Ibe money spent on?

• We had a debt to Steve Hayes, and then other debts outside of that. We paid off Steve Hayes but still have other creditors to pay.

• For me it's all about good debt management whilst on the road to recovery. I think we're doing pretty well by the sounds of it. Well done and thank you to the Board and active Trust members for all the tireless voluntary efforts.

• Agreed @ValleyWanderer Great Thanks to everyone involved in running the club and all the volunteers.

• @Steve_Peart out of interest why are you against giving away any share of equity?

It has always been said that Trust ownership and control of the ground is sacrosanct.

• @DJWYC14, it just seems like a slippery slope to a small group, maybe a long time hence, gaining control of everything. Sacrosanct is not always forever, situations change, people can be very persuasive. I'm sure (a near) 100% of current shareholders regard it as sacrosanct, that may change.

• Dooley has obviously taken Dev Cs advice and shut up.