Skip to content

Danny Rowe

Comments

• @lordmelchester - I suggest you give it a rest and respect the players privacy.

• @lordmelchester I think you have misunderstood. We suggested he was not expected to return to yesterday's squad.

• With all due respect to @Vital, as far as I am aware they are not made party to any information that has not been officially released by the club. Therefore such comments should be treated as opinion, not fact. This subject should be let to rest until the matter is resolved.

• @bluenotes Absolutely right. Our Wanderers injury news is as sparse as everyone else's.

• Mutual concent and a short note of thanks.

Hope to see him back in football soon. Such a shame for the lad as we all had such high hopes for player who always seemed a good guy on and off the pitch.

• There's a slightly longer statement and a quote.

Without knowing the details of the issue, impossible to form any judgement beyond wishing him well in his future life - in or out of football.

• tbh its obviously something serious and private and he was massive for us when we stayed up so wish him well and good luck for future.

• Massive is erm..massively overstating it, but he certainly seemed a good guy and it frustrated a lot of people that he never really established himself in around 4 years.

A bit of the "utility" player issue, can fill in all over, but those types often struggle to cement a place.

• excuse me, when we nearly went down he came from nowhere to play with Pierre when we had nobody else available and no money either, he came in from Stalybridge which was well below the level were play at and he was magnificent.

• I agree @rmjlondon , he was very impressive indeed in that first loan spell and it’s a big shame he’s not been as effective for Wycombe as it looked like he might have been. Best of luck to him.

• Hopefully he can get back on track and find another league club. Best of luck to him.

• Really sad to hear this news. He was a big player in our survival season and still looked a great prospect when being played, in my opinion, out of position in midfield.
    Hope he gets the time and opportunity now to sort out his personal issues and makes a success of the next part of his life.

• You hear more often that players just fall out of love with the game. Maybe Danny is one of these. He must have had such exciting expectations when he joined us (as we had for him) and for whatever reason it didn’t work. On the bottom rung of the ladder not playing must be really hard. Whether it’s the cause or the effect we will never know.

• @Malone Yes massively! All 11 were heroes that day and Danny was superb

• He is a centre half ainsworth tried to change that and it was never gonna happen, lets hope the next club he signs for uses him in his correct position.

• To be fair he wasn't ever going to dislodge the likes of Pierre, Stewart, McCarthy and Mawson.

• He was played ahead of Stewart during his first loan.

• Pretty sure he played right back when he was on loan?

• In his first spell I felt he was a better performer than Pierre, he was that good. Unfortunately for various reasons he never replicated that form

• I thought he had his best spell in that play off season next to Murphy before Scowen came back.

I could never see him at centre back for more than filling in duties, and unfortunately for him we've also had some decent centre mid options too.

Will be interesting to see where and if he pops up again. Bearing in mind we don't actually have any idea what's gone on.

• Sometimes @Malone it's best to say nothing when you haven't got anything nice to say.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Sometimes Malone it's best to say nothing when you haven't got anything nice to say.

Don't really see what's wrong with @Malones' post TBH RITM?

• I don't think Righty is very tolerant if someone doesn't follow his view on proceedings.

• @Malone is talking bollocks, he was better than Pierre when he first came to Wycombe and I think most supporters who understand the game were very excited when we managed to secure his services on a full time basis, such a shame he wasn't able to get in the side.

• @Malone . Forgive me for expressing a view. For me your posts about a player who is obviously going through a hard time and gave Wycombe some excellent performances were pretty negative. I didn't see why you'd need to bother posting it.
    To be fair your first post was much more negative than the second.

Personally I wish Danny Rowe all the best. Something I note you haven't even come close to mentioning.

• Calm down lads, only two more days and we'll have a game to talk about rather than the usual infighting.

• @rmjlondon - I would suggest your description of @Malone is somewhat the pot calling the kettle black!

• You've not met Dev have you @OxfordBlue ?

• There's a game that will be talked about...likely it will be Torquay away though

• possibly @mooneyman but Danny is somebody who I feel very strongly about as I did with Paul Hayes.