Skip to content

Danny Rowe

Comments

• Another thread ruined by HCBlue's pointless comments.

• 100% correct. Four other posters have also written that what you wrote was unfounded but, you got me, I've ruined the thread again. Not the guy who invented a false reality so he could criticise the manager. Me.

• not 100% correct. the thread isn't ruined at all. @lordmelchester ;s hole he's digging can get quite a lot deeper yet

• HCBlue cannot accept criticism - suggest you find another site to troll on.
    COYB

• It seems you are right, @bookertease.

• He's through the other side now.

• @HCblue is one of the better commentators on here I think. Stop throwing your toys out of the pram your lordship!

So, pointless speculation about Danny's personal life then...

• Every individual is entitled to a level of privacy, including matters involving their personal life. When a problem arises in a persons personal life it is to be hoped that their employer will act in a supportive and responsible manner. WWFC and GA have done that by treating the matter sympathetically and with discretion. They should be given credit, not criticism.

If an individual chooses to engage in idle speculation then that is a reflection on their own character.

• There's a spectrum of personal problems so speculation is hardly cruel or anything sinister. At one end you have Diego Costa and at the other you have Aaron Lennon. We have no idea which end Danny sits. What most of us believe is that he deserves a chance and has not got it. Hence the frustrating speculation.

• Whether Danny Rowe deserves a chance, or not, is not currently the issue. He is unavailable for personal reasons. At this time, that should be all supporters needs to know. The matter is being handled in the correct manner. How things develop in the future remains to be seen, and hopefully will continue to be handled appropriately at the time. Speculation beyond that is unfair to both the player and the club, and is inexcusable.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub What most of us believe is that he deserves a chance and has not got it.

The key point is that he may not have "got it" due to these personal issues. Not publicly announcing this until now may very well have been the right thing to do and may only have been done with the aim of shutting off the wild speculation tap.

I personally think we should let it rest and see how it ends. Then, when/if we know any facts we can judge whether the clubs approach was for the best or not.

Brings back to mind the months of increasingly lurid speculation over Sean
    Devine though. That was fun!

• @bookertease My sentiment is not this season but since he joined us. I think if I joined a club and transferred my life between Yorkshire and Bucks (or living in limbo) and for nothing I would have personal problems.

• Still no official announcement from club , except news from Vital today that " Danny Rowe is not available for selection due to personal reasons and isn't expected to return".

• For tomorrow, or at all?!

• If you read the Colchester preview from Vital, it implies that he will not be available for the foreseeable future. As I have said previously - the club should now clarify the situation with Danny Rowe.

• He's unavailable for personal reasons, i.e. ones that have nothing to do with you. How much clearer would you like it?

• tbh his mum could have died or something and that Im afraid is none of anybody business !!! not saying thats what happened but thats truly personal and if something of that nature has happened we should be the last people to know.

• The most sensible thing you've ever posted @rmjlondon

• Not concerned about the " personal reasons' for Danny. Rowe's absence. However very concerned that we have lost the services of a very talented player and had no comment from the club.

• 'no comment from the club?' You're joking right?

• Maybe if he got a game occasionally the personal reasons would disappear.

• Thank you Micra and your wife ( HCBlue ) for your generous and kind comments.
    COYB

• also even if Danny was available he probably wouldn't even make the 18 on duty even with 4/5 injured.

• Spot on - rmjlondon

• @lordmelchester said:
    Thank you Micra and your wife ( HCBlue ) for your generous and kind comments.
    COYB

What sort of incomprehensible gibberish is that, your ladyship?

• He would certainly be in my 18 every week and have plenty of starts to boot.

A versatile player with bags of class and good physical attributes.

The club has done the correct thing in IMHO by not giving details in this situation, it's very different from a player being injured. Just because someone plays for your club doesn't give you any sort of right to their personal life's

• he would be in yours but nowhere near GA's sadly as I like him also.

• edited September 2017

@Bacon_Sandwich said:
    The club has done the correct thing in IMHO by not giving details in this situation, it's very different from a player being injured. Just because someone plays for your club doesn't give you any sort of right to their personal life's.

Absolutely spot on. Every player is, first and foremost, a human being. They are entitled to have their employer treat their personal life with discretion. For certain people to keep questioning this, and expect updates, is disgraceful. WWFC continues to handle this matter in the correct manner. Live with it.

In the case of injuries, why would a club that runs with a small squad give out advance details of the 17/18 players that are available for selection on Saturday? Doing that is like sending the opposition your teamsheet days in advance. Surely it is to the clubs advantage to have the opposition think that players such as Bayo, Tyson, PCH, Saunders etc. are in the running for starting your next match.

• Excellent post @bluenotes.

• As I stated in my previous post , I am not concerned about the personal reasons behind his unavailability. However I believe we should be given clarification of the current official position between player and club , now that Vital has reported that he is not expected to return to the squad.