Skip to content

Danny Rowe

Comments

• I don't want to know what personal problems he has it's none of my business but why didn't the club inform us before regarding the reason he can't play at the moment, hopefully he can get everything sorted and be able to get back to playing football for us again.

• Maybe because it's none of our business really?

• At least the reason he is not being selected for the match squad is a non-football one - allegedly!
    Unless he is being moved on by GA out of the club - he may have refused to play for us any more, due to the treatment he has had to put up with during his time at WWFC.

• edited August 2017

Hopefully a minor issue, something that's not too painful personally! Least it's cleared up though, but I guess it comes to a head when you field 6 subs!

"Personal issues" always worries me a little after Grant was upgraded from " a cold" to "personal issues"

• I meant his actual problem but if the club can tell us now why not before then we wouldn't have had all the speculation as to why he's not playing.

• Good luck to the lad. Hope the issues can be resolved. We've missed him.

• I'll take a wild guess (without foundation) and say that not playing football and living away from home is not the life for him. Expect a contract release before Thursday and off he will go.

• Few people who should know better jumping to conclusions with no real foundation. Hope Danny is ok and gets back playing football soon.

• Is it only me who doesn't think we have 'a right to know' why a player is not being picked? I'd expect his teammates to know but it's beyond me why people get so outraged (although it's generally the usual suspects).

• I am sure Danny is fine, but being continually being snubbed by his manager is not acceptable. He should have been one of the 7 subs on the bench with his ability to play in both defence and midfield.
    Knowing how GA treats players, who are "out of favour" - I fully agree with Andy's post.
    Unless , of course, your name happens to be Paul Hayes , who can do no wrong.

• @lordmelchester said:
    He should have been one of the 7 subs on the bench with his ability to play in both defence and midfield

Did you miss the 'unavailable due to personal reasons' post above?

• Just a woeful post all round. If Hayes can do no wrong, how come he's only started 1 league game and was hauled off at half time. It's pretty certain Gaz knows exactly what he's now got with Hayes.

• Not just you, @arnos_grove.

And, to maintain sanity if nothing else, am assuming Melchester's post was a spoof.

• Sorry lads, sadly the way I feel. Come on you Blues!

• @lordmelchester If he's not available, he can't sit on the bench and there's no point talking about it as though that were not so, let alone using the absence of an unobtainable scenario as a stick with which to beat the manager.

• I suggest you read the previous post before making your comments. Try to analyse first why GA is making him unavailable for selection.

• There is nothing in the public domain to suggest anyone is keeping him from being available for selection. Complaining about an impossible scenario on the basis of groundless speculation is hardly sound reasoning.

• Unfortunately we are left with having to speculate, when the club and GA ,in particular, leave us in the dark about players futures / injuries, etc. ...

• We don't really HAVE to speculate do we @lord melchester ? Unless we just want to moan about GA about something - anything -and results haven't gone as badly as we wanted them to.

• @Wendoverman. Surely speculation is the fodder of Internet chat rooms though?

• Inane comment from HC Blue - really thought that this was the Gasroom2, where our views and opinions, even when we are "speculating" can be aired and discussed, without recourse to fellow gasroomers.

• Your 'spoof' post @lordmelchester did contain rather a lot of speculation based on a number of assumptions that we have absolutely no actual knowledge of (because Richie has yet to tell us).

It would be nice to know what is going on, but we have no right to be told and given GAs policy of keeping all matters player-wise close to his chest, no expectation either.

But you are right that it does leave the door ajar for pointless speculating to come in. And this is probably the best place to let it out

• It is your right, @lordmelchester, to opine that Rowe should have been on the bench yesterday. it is mine to point out that he was not available to be so.

I think you are confusing having the right to say something and having the right not to have anyone else point out you're talking rubbish. Only one of these is a thing.

• "a thing "?

• As in, real - a real thing.

• The "real thing" I assume being "rubbish", the rest being concepts!

• The "things", one real and one not, being the "rights" as described.

• Yes @HCblue. @lordmelchester is talking complete and utter rubbish.

• @HCblue said:
    There is nothing in the public domain to suggest anyone is keeping him from being available for selection. Complaining about an impossible scenario on the basis of groundless speculation is hardly sound reasoning.

Agreed, where is the fun in even sepeculating about this subject?

• Venting gas?