Skip to content

Bury v Southend

Comments

• I want a draw so theres potential for us to go up on the last home game but more than happy with a southend win!

• Bury just missed one on one 81:29

• A lot of frustrated faces at gigg lane 87:33

• Are they asking for their money back ?

• 5 mins injury time bury corner

• Keeper up free kick Southend

• Just when a last minute goal for Bury would be welcome it won't come will it?

• do bury look like scoring ?

• I've left with a smile on my face. Take ft now or a bury equaliser if poss....

• Southend fans singing "and now you're going to believe us the blues are going up", I tend to agree

• Bury great chance three minutes into stoppage time header wide

• Bury missed an even better one with goalmouth scramble last kick ft 1-0 Southend

• IN OUR HANDS. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Get in that will do. Now the hard work of winning two more matches

• We win two games and we are up im sure. Southend have not for the goals in them

• Whew. Bring on Saturday. Thanks for the updates guys. Safe journeys home! COYB!!

• shame cant grumble to much though still in our own hands, and if we win our last two Southend will have to win by 7+ for next two games

• Get in!!!!!!, would of preferred a draw but just as good, back n our hands. COYB

• Great result considering the goal was against the run of play! Big smile on my face! 2 games! COYB

• Settle for a Southend win, looking forward to Saturday oh yeah.

• Still in the top three with two to go now. On to Saturday and if we can get eleven fit players and a win it could just be enough.

• I've got a feeling that Luton will get something at Southend on Saturday, as they appear to have turned the corner and are fighting to get in the play offs and I'm sure tonight would have taken a lot out of the Southend players. Still a big ask for us, but my hunch is 4 points would be enough.

• The sulk has ended so let's get behind the lads saturday whoever is fit and plays! COYB

• Quite possible that a Southend win is actually better than a draw as it takes Bury, who are playing well and have the easiest run-in, out of the equation if we can get 4 points

If Southend failed to get 6 points we'd be up.

• How Rose missed that chance at the end I'll never know. 2 of them cocked it up, giving Bentley time to come out and smother it. So close to the perfect result but at least it's back in our hands!

• @TheatreOfChairs said:
    Quite possible that a Southend win is actually better than a draw as it takes Bury, who are playing well and have the easiest run-in, out of the equation if we can get 4 points

If Southend failed to get 6 points we'd be up.

And they have to play a very good Luton fighting for a play off place.

• I can't see either Southend or Bury dropping any more points. We've got to win both games.

• We have got to make sure we beat Morecambe at the weekend then leave Southend and bury to slip up. I could see Luton getting at least a draw at Southend Saturday

• We have to win!

• The lads have to wear their war face this Saturday. Nothing less than a Win.