Skip to content

Mansfield

Comments

• Don't agree with you there i'm afraid.
    50k winnings is a huge pot for a one off game.

It's these sort of prize monies that just helped us to Saunders! I dare say the 100k from the Stourbridge and last Checkatrade game is all going into his pocket over the next 18months!

• 'Granddad, tell me about the time we got 50K for winning at Mansfield in a competition no one cares about.'

• I actually didn't care about tomorrow but after them comments I hope we do them, what a prick sad sad sad man what sort of scare tactics are they fat tosser

• WE HAVE NO CHANCE OF BEATING SPURS SO WE SHOULD BEAT MANSFIELD AND TRY AND GET TO WEMBLEY.

• I don't actually care about the spurs game either it's fantastic for the club etc. but im more looking forward to next Tuesday

• @rmjlondon LOL.

@bigred87 I hope we win, of course, but win or lose I'll have forgotten about it next week. If we beat Spurs on the other hand...

• Evans bullshit is on our twitter feed now, ainsworths team talk taken care of...............

• In light of what that fat lardarse prick said,if one of our boys gets a serious injury due to an over zealous Mansfield challenge,will action be taken by the FA? What a prick

• I would have thought that if those comments had been made by a real manager he would be on an FA charge. I'm guessing Evan's will get away with it but I hope we just play them off the pitch tomorrow. Not sure how he gets away with it but he has done before and will do again.

• With the comments Nathan jones and now lardy Evans have come out recently goes to show how much class Gareth has.

• Evans... what a c**t! This tournament has been great for the £££ and the second string players to get games so hope we progress tomorrow. Personally I still won't go to a game if we do though.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm sure we'll treat this competition with the respect it deserves and put out a team of our fringe players. Whilst I want us to win obviously, I really don't care that much.

Would love to see Barry Richardson get a full 90 minutes. We may need him at some stage again so would be a good idea to get him some match practice in a meaningless game. (With the added bonus rmj's head may explode)

• edited January 2017

check the rules @bookertease and it isn't meaningless re £££ - I shall be there

• @Onlooker I know. I'm only baiting our friend. Sorry. (But in no sane world to a football supporter - is it a more important game than Spurs). And yes I do know the money could help.

Would be interesting to ask a lower league footballer which they would prefer to play in. A 4th round FA Cup tie at WHL or a tinpot cup final at Wembley

But respect for going tomorrow. Field Mill is a bleedin' cold place to watch football at the best of times.

• Sorry @bookertease for missing that - no need to apologise. I know a Luton fan and he is getting quite excited about the prospect of a Wembley final, perhaps against us. I have no desire to penalise Wycombe by withholding my support in this competition and actually enjoy the chance of seeing some of the fringe players. I hope we turn out in our droves at Wembley.

• Would be interesting to see how many we take to Wembley @Onlooker if we get there of course. Well under 5k would be my guess.

• That would be embarrassing as I am sure Luton would take the majority of their allocation.

• We might get around our home crowd going to Wembley if we got there.

Personally I wouldn't go, and I know quite a few other ST holders with the same attitude

• January 2017 Update
    I wanted to provide our campaign support with a brief update, considering we have been a bit quiet lately.

We’ve been contacted with several emails over the past few days asking about our approach to the Wembley final. We’ll have some form of presence outside Wembley on EFL Trophy final day which is Sunday 2nd April. You are more than welcome to join us on the day.

We’d obviously like the boycott to remain strong, even at Wembley and even if Swansea B are eliminated from the competition before that point. A low attendance is one of the biggest messages that those opposed to this competition could send. However, we realise this is a tough ask. Wembley will be quite full, not quite empty, but we do ask those who would be unable to resist a day out at Wembley to take some form of action. Take a banner, start a chant, just don’t sit back and accept it.

We’ll be conducting a survey on how our campaign support wants us to approach the Wembley Final. This is already a bit later than planned, so please accept my apologies.

I’m fairly confident that the vote at the Football League AGM this season will see the EFL Trophy revamped. There’s been little to no positive press regarding the competition and the social media reaction towards the EFL has been considerably negative. Let’s not forget the ludicrous system of fines for playing “under-strength” teams has upset several clubs. That’s not to say it’s time to stop the pressure.

Supporters have still never been consulted on the future of the Trophy by The EFL. This competition was forced on you by several naive clubs who simply followed the money, with no thought or consideration for the fans who actually have to pay to watch. The loyalty to our clubs may be endless, but it appears their loyalty to supporters is not.

The scrapping of The Whole Game Solution a few months ago was really positive news. This does mean that for now there are no public plans to introduce academy sides into league football. However we asked our campaign support whether the boycott should continue and this was a clear yes. The boycott will continue until the format is changed.

The most regular question I’ve had recently is “where are the results of the ownership survey?”. A few months ago we conducted a survey into club ownership in England and we received a huge response. Many thanks to everyone who took part.

When we launched the survey, we promised to accompany the results with an article on each of the ten lowest ranked clubs and it’s these articles that have delayed publication. Sadly, we’ve taken the decision not to publish the articles, but the results will be up in a few days.

The sheer amount of fact-checking required was much higher than expected and I’m a little concerned about the legal consequences of publishing. As a campaign we continue to pledge to work in support of the protection of clubs, but I do regret we won’t be able to publish these.

That’s currently where we’re up to. Thanks again for the incredible support for the #BTeamBoycott, we really appreciate it. Let us know how we’re doing by leaving a comment below or tweeting us @againstleague3. Don’t forget you can always email fans@againstleague3 for more in-depth discussion.

Cheers

James Cave
    AL3 Campaign Manager

• Bore off !!!!

• I think Evans's comments are really aimed at firing up the support for the fixture more than anything else. I do believe he and GA are good friends and this to me is simply a PR stunt to attract punters, nothing more!

• I must admit I don't find Evans anywhere near as horrible a human being as Westley, for example. His teams aren't exactly beacons of good football - but then neither are we, but he does appear to not take it/himself too seriously.

Mind you if Kashket/Sam/O'Nein//Bayo/etc get crocked tonight I'll revise my opinion on him again

• Out of interest, Strongest, if Wycombe got to the final, roughly how many people would actively boycott the match, do you think?

Whatever you think of the trophy, I am not sure how many would go as the novelty is not quite there after the playoff match two years ago, but really not sure there would be many active boycotters.

• M3GM3G
    edited January 2017

@DevC I think you would be surprised. Its not exactly an attractive final anyway in any format as you say. But it is important that even if its just this season that the protest is strong so its scrapped. I would guess that figure would be relatively low at around the 5,000 - 6,000 mark. But who really knows. its all complete guess work.

• I'm all for grabbing every last penny from this competition whilst it lasts, including TV money. (Not sure about the veracity but someone told me that Checkatrade are pushing to get the semifinals televised.)

• I think we'd take around 10,000 to the final at Wembley if we made it that far.

• Why would Wycombe want this tournament scrapped? We could end up making 200k from it and adding a trophy to the cabinet.

Also the lack of success of the Under 23 teams in the tournament has surely put to bed the idea of them being introduced into the league system?

• @Bledlow_Blue I suggest Wycombe don't want it scrapped? They voted for it and I am sure are now thrilled they did. But supporters in general don't want it. Plus i really dont need to go through the whole scenario of why the FL with pressure from the Premier League want this to be a success? Surely not unless you have been living under a rock for the last year. I just hope your 2nd part is correct, I think it will be for now.

• One intriguing thing i noticed. I am not sure if you can read anything into it but on the BBC fixtures page http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fixtures the order of importance shows these games as below the Vanarama South and North!