Skip to content

Mansfield

Looks like its going to pretty cold in Nottinghamshire overnight and in the morning.

There's got to be a reasonable chance of the game being postponed I'd have thought. Would be quite handy in terms of keeping players fresh for Saturday but god knows when we'd get to play it as we've got league matches on the next 3 Tuesdays and possibly even an FA Cup replay to fit in as well.

Comments

• Stags looking like they are preparing to kick lumps out of us:
    http://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/article/2016-17/manager-expecting-physical-battle-against-wycombe-3534506.aspx

with the "threat" of missing the game vs Spurs

also note they have made a £300k bid for someone

• Trevor Kettle is the ref for this game,oh crap!

• this game is more important than the spurs game anyway, I suspect we will play something like this team.

Blackman
    Stewart or Jombati
    Muller
    De Hav
    Jacobsen

Bean
    Wood
    Saunders

Kashket
    Hayes
    Thompson

• Not sure where Weston fits in can't see GA changing the system.

• As a Nottingham boy I know being in Mansfield at the best of times involves someone getting lumps kicked out of them...

• A postponement would be exceptionally awkward!
    For that reason, it's pretty likely that the ref will be briefed to only call it off if the pitch is like pure granite!

• the referee is David Webb, last time we had him he should have called a game off we played at Bury in farcical conditions, this game will be off if the pitch is frozen.

• Does anyone apart from the accountants really care about this cup?

• Any news on Harriman? Any chance he'll be fit for an appearance tomorrow?

Shocking stuff from Evans. Shockingly transparent as well. Almost laughable.

• not the brightest of things to say, but seeing as most of his signings are cup tied we should be playing there usual dross team.

• Pretty sure this has superiority over league games so if game was to be postponed, one of the league games (my guess would be Exeter) would be postponed to accommodate it.

• yes I think its the colchester one actually but your correct.

• Exactly what I was thinking - such a thinly-veiled threat it's ridiculous. Try too hard and we'll nobble you so you potentially miss one of the biggest games of your career. What an absolute tosser.

Also, how on earth can a club like Mansfield afford to make bids of £300k for a player? Utter madness.

• Hopefully this press release will be circulated amongst the officials between now and the game.

• John Radford is a multi millionaire so I doubt its much problem to find 300k

• Mansfield have a very wealthy owner who wrote off £1.2m debt last year. Therefore are in a position to buy players.

• edited January 2017

John Radford is a multi millionaire so I doubt its much problem to find 300k

• I think if it's frozen they should do what we used to when we turned up and a game called off. Down the pub, game of darts and deicided the winner of the game on that basis.

• edited January 2017

Kashket would be no good with those mittens of his on

• Would PCH trip over the oche ?

• @robin said:
    Trevor Kettle is the ref for this game,oh crap!

@rmjlondon said:
    the referee is David Webb, last time we had him he should have called a game off we played at Bury in farcical conditions, this game will be off if the pitch is frozen.

Who's your money on?

• Trevor Kettle is the 4th Official unless its been changed.

• Hope not!

• Mansfield Town FC (First Team) v Wycombe Wanderers FC (First Team)
    EFL Trophy
    Referee: Webb, David
    Assistant Referee: Simpson, Joe
    Assistant Referee: Parry, Matthew
    Fourth Official: Kettle, Trevor

• Appalling stuff from Evans, but no surprise of course.

• borderline bring the game into disrepute I would think, maybe somebody should notify the governance department at The FA.

• I don't think our boys should be too worried, we haven't been out fought many times in the last few seasons!

• Worth mentioning for those who are going that the game is all ticket, due to Mansfield's safety certificate.

• I expect us to go strong strong team selection wise, infact maybe only Gape missing the game as he is cup tied.

• This game is so insignificant compared to Spurs that they should be pressganging people off the streets to turn out for us.