Skip to content

FA Cup 1st Round Draw.

13»

Comments

• Chesham has been picked for a TV in the FA Cup

• What a shock, Wrexham have been picked !

Glad for Chesham though

• What if we had a Gasroom gathering at Chesham? With it being a Monday night, it def won't clash with Wycombe's game and it'll be a cracking atmosphere!

• I went to Chesham v Yeovil on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed the game, pleased that they will get TV income from the Lincoln game and hopefully it won’t affect the attendance.

• It's not a terrible draw, at least it's at home. Wonderful city York though and Adam Hinshelwood was brilliant for us in the short time he was with us.

Biggleswade, who play at Bedford Town were there last opponent and their run started back in the Extra Preliminary Round as they beat Stansted in a replay. Stansted were the club that Dwight Gayle was originally at. Another replay was required to beat Frenford who play in Central London, somewhere on the Central line. They then overcame the Jewish diaspora club London Lions, based in North London/Herts. Basildon United were next up. Basildon is the home of comedy punk band Kunt and the Gang who have had a couple of top-ten hits in recent years. Then AFC Dunstable before they got their most notable result, overcoming Canvey Island who themselves got to the third round in 2002, beating Port Vale along the way. All in all, one of the best runs this season.

• so, Frank Adams stand shut.

Adult prices ranging from £17 on the terrace to £23 in Origin.

£5 for kids 11 and under.

£22 for York fans.

Doubt it will be much of a crowd then.

• You missed out that it's just £11 for Seniors (65+) and those aged 12-25

• Sounds crazy but presumably there are FA rules and regulations governing what clubs are allowed to charge, perhaps including the need to reach agreement with the opposing club ?

• Yes, as far am i'm aware the away side needs to agree, as the ticket prices affect their cut of the gate receipts.

These prices aren't great are they?

• They’re a deterrent. Not of nuclear proportions perhaps but definitely a deterrent.

• Sadly it looks like it'll be another sub-2000 gate unless York bring a lot. Had hoped this would be a great opportunity to lower prices significantly and attract a load of kids.

• Shutting the Frank Adams without even trying to see how many they can get there first infuriates me. Yes I know as soon as they sell a ticket in there they can't really shut it, but just seems a bit defeatist to me

• Is there a good reason why they couldn't open just the centre three blocks of the Frank Adams to save on the number of stewards required.

Then open only one turnstile to save on operator costs.

Then inform everyone in advance that the concourse kiosk won't be open on the day to save even more.

Loads of people around me won't be going to the game now (yet again). Some because they don't like the stand opposite, and some as a matter of principle because they are always the ones denied the opportunity to book their usual seats.

I wonder if closing it is really as cost effective as they think.

• That would be far too sensible !

I'm the same, I really don't know what to do now, I love the FA Cup and want to go, but because of dodgy bones and shit view I don't want to stand in the terrace, I'm also not keen on thw stand opposite, and I don't want to get a ticket in the family stand for fear of being accused of denying a kid a seat !

It does seem strange as the ones who are charged more for their season ticket are the ones who are discarded and told to move when they think they won't sell enough. Why can't they shut the family stand and let the kids fill up the Frank Adams, which is bigger ?

• Could be quite embarrassing if Chesham United draw a bigger crowd on a Monday night than we do on a Saturday 3pm.

• Monday is the only day where the FA Cup is remotely close to the top of the bill and Chesham aren’t always in the first round, it wouldn’t matter to me if they had a big crowd and no-one else is interested anyway judging by the BBC level of significance that they are attaching to the fixture. The Saturday fixtures can be found by scrolling down beyond the Premier and Championship league fixtures, the Scottish Prem, Championships, Leagues One and Two, the National Leagues North and South, the Scottish Highland League and then the Lowland League - then there's the FA Cup Rd1.

So of course, we spread out the FA Cup from one day to four in order to get one of the games noticed ... but Friday's game is 4th behind the Championship fixture, the Scottish Championship clash and the Lowland league game at East Stirlingshire. Sunday the cup is a little further down the list because there are home games in the Premier League for Spurs and Man Utd, Scottish Premiership fixtures, Women's Super League, Championship, Scottish League Cup and Women's FA Cup (they have all their fixtures on the one day) and then the SWF Scottish Cup and then the world’s greatest cup competition gets a mention.

Monday, there is the Premier League match between Fulham and Brentford which could itself have been a cup game way back when the 4th division was called the 4th division, then finally one of the FAC fixtures features second in the list - Chesham.

• The pricing seemed ok to me, but like everyone else shutting a stand always sets the scene for an underwhelming occasion.

• It's a huge game for them though, whereas with all due respect to York, this isn't for us.

• Give over, @Malone. This is our last chance to play at Goodison. @ryan_w_kirkby2 is going to host us all for the 3rd round clash. Think of the glory, man.

• We'll be playing at their new ground next year which will be a much bigger thrill

• A new low

• edited 6:45PM

I’m not going to make the same mistake of applauding the financial prudence of management as I did when they closed The White Elephant last time. For some reason several Gasroomers wanted the club to loose money on that occasion so probably do again this time.😉