Skip to content

Match Day Thread: Bristol Rovers

Comments

• Not there or watching but apart from yet another manager failing to meet @Konetheming 's high standards and Morley being crap...(only two assists) that sounds like a decent result. 😃

• I tell you what, this team is an absolute joy to watch. Some of our passing and movement in the attacking third is mesmerising

I'm so so pleased for Matt Bloomfield, who is shaping up to be an exceptional young manager

• By the way, it might have got lost in the (justified) praise for Morley's pass, but that touch and finish from Harvie was outstanding

• Now to have a read of the Rovers forum!

• edited 4:05PM

From the Gasroom to Gaschat.

• Interesting turnaround from his first half season when there was a lot of criticism about us having no ideas in the final third. Our attacking this season has been brilliantly inventive.

Blooms’ adrenaline looked to be through the roof at the end.

• Exceptional position holding by Lubala to take the keeper out of play at the corner. Didn't foul him, just kept his place and the keeper couldn't get round, allowing Low a clear run onto the header. Delightful...!!!

• The first half we looked pretty devoid of ideas up front but the changes in the second half gave us a better balance and a greater threat. 63% of the possession says it all.

• edited 4:10PM

Just watching the goals replay, Can we remember to thank the Rovers manager for asking someone about 5ft3 to try and assault Joe Low at the corner, hilarious.

Agree with you @eric_plant , easy to forget how many games we have already played in the various competitions. we have some very good players, Fred, Bakinson showed some nice touches too, people won't fancy having to keep the likes of Humphreys, Morley, Josh , Kone, GMac and others quiet.

• We are now the only team to score two in every league game, in the top four divisions.

• We're going to finish 3rd.

• Well done to Matt and the players, kept going until the end and got the winner.

Barnsley will be a harder test on Tuesday.

• If there was ever a perfect example of why managers need time to build their vision (instead of being sacked as soon as things turn bad), Bloomfield is it.

• Definitely some overreactions on here at half-time, wasn't a great first half but didn't deserve to be losing at the break, just the one error that let them in.

2nd half was like watching a Prem team vs L1 opposition, completely controlled the game albeit without creating a load of chances but stayed patient and got our rewards.

The future is bright!

• Absolutely ecstatic. A classic away performance where we probably didn’t deserve to win but the ruthless edge showed and we got over the line. These sort of results and teams put us up there late on in the season.

• A big shout for Aaron Morley with that amazing through ball for Harvie to score. I know some thought he didn’t have his best first half but he definitely came to life in the second half.

When did we last have 63% possession in an away game?

• Wasn’t able to keep up with the game, but beating Bristol Rovers is fun.

• Two great assists from Aaron Morley and a classy finish from Dan Harvie on his other foot! Good controlled second half. If we can stop giving the other teams a goal or two we could do really well this season

• I followed the game loosely while I took eldest to table tennis club (there go my Saturdays). What’s an absolute joy is turning on the radio for the last 20mins of games on the drive home and knowing we will be busting a gut until the very end to get a result. While also having no shortage of match winners who can make the difference. Celebrated like a loon on the way through Knotty Green. I’m feeling very excited about this squad!

• @Kim_il_Swan that's brilliant news.

Football IS life

• Did Leahy not make the squad today? Corr blimey, when everyone is fit we will have a fantastic problem on our hands!

• Very, very glad you are okay, @Kim_il_Swan!

Missed the footie too, but talk about comeback wins being like London buses!

• Statistically, in terms of chances and possession we undoubtedly deserved to win. It certainly wasn’t our best performance but we were quite comfortably the better side. A Rovers fan said to me on the way out “well done Wycombe, you deserved that.”

• That's an absolute pig if you're a Rovers fan

• LX1LX1
    edited 5:37PM

@Midlander it's a real pig if you are a rovers fan

93/94 VHS owners will get this ref