Skip to content

Match Day Thread: Bristol Rovers

Comments

• Great to hear you're okay fella, Gasroom would be a far duller place without you.

• Big cheer for both results today @Kim_il_Swan

Glad to hear you got good news.

• Morley's corner for the second was absolutely superb, I could appreciate the curve on it from my position. Great player. Had a bit of an off day first half but that was a blip.

• Totally agree. If you play attacking football you are going to have to put up with the odd mistake, defensive lapse, and having to break teams down and sometimes win ugly. It's early days but we seem to have a team that is hoping to score more goals than you...which is probably going to mean a rollercoaster with a period of trevor results at some point. So far so good.

• Great minds! Sorry I was a few seconds slower. Your drugs are speedier lol

• Read a few moans about Morley first half but he didn't half come through with big contributions to both goals.

Everyone loves some last min limbs

• Recency bias but this is becoming one of those 'regret I wasn't there games' to rival Man city away in 99

• edited 6:42PM

Whisper it quietly but I think we might just have a team on our hands Ladies and Gentlemen.

I might be getting a little giddy but injury-time winners are always a good portent for a successful season.

The strength in depth we saw in midweek was evident again today. There is so much quality in this squad and it’s really about consistency now.

We would make a big statement going to Barnsley and winning on Tuesday. For those interested in scouting, the Tykes are live on Sky at home to Stockport County, which kicks off in 25 minutes.

• Joe Low's strength and determination to get his head on the ball despite being fouled was absolutely awesome. Taylor is also easily championship level. Taff is going to have to reach a high level to dislodge either of these two. Competition for places is going to be really fierce this season. What a great win it was.

• We are definitely winning promotion now because @glasshalfempty is excited.

• Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,

Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;

Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra mad,

Dros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed

• Ladies and Gentlemen?

Portents?

Are you Philip Pullman?

• I don't get it...release me from puzzling over this!

• LX1LX1
    edited 7:30PM

Yeah but can we do it on a 'cold night in Yorkshire'

I think yes. Come on you mighty men. Give em hell

• Today I celebrate my 58 year on this planet and the only team that I have ever supported gives me a present.

• 'How to Be Cool' is the name of a Philip Pullman novel.

• Lots of mis-placed or overhit passes in the first half. Kone looked quite isolated, with big gaps between him and the midfield.

Second half we looked a bit sharper and took more care with the ball, as well as getting players in more advanced positions.

It was still one of our weaker performances I think. But to get a win away from home when not playing your best is really encouraging.

• That 2nd half performance was immense, the subs changed the game , Gmac going to the right and Fred on the left caused then so many problems, great work Matt and team ....exciting season ahead for sure

• Everyone fit is a very rare phenomenon and we’ve suffered in the past because of the limited availability of genuine competition within the squad but the depth of talent in the current squad is such that, barring the confluence (?) of an unprecedented number of injuries and illnesses , we should be able to field teams on a regular basis capable of beating or at least drawing with virtually any of the present crop of League 1 clubs.

Happy birthday to @MorrisItal2 and glad to hear the good news about @Kim_il_Swan’s health scare. I’ve just recovered from an hour and a quarter of tachycardia myself and am bracing myself to rejoin mrs micra who is watching Strictly. I like a lot of the music and the dancing is quite entertaining but the screaming and shouting drives me round the twist. And that’s just the bloody judges.

I’ve no idea how that popped up. I wish I knew how to delete it.

• @micra I may only be in my 20s (just) but you seem like a great man. Thanks for being an exceptional member of the Saturday afternoon fun on here

• Looks like Caleb Taylor is yet another excellent loan signing. What a performance by the young man today away at Bristol Rovers. Caleb alongside our very own Joe Low will, I am sure, form a formidable duo in the centre of our defence.

Also, what an another massive performance from Dan Harvie today. Dan took a few matches to settle in but is now performing to a very high standard and is a great addition to the squad this season.

• What a club and what a team. The mighty Wycombe are going up. Believe.

• So very encouraged. Taylor and Low look like that centre back pairing we need and Harvie had his best game for Wycombe. That midfield three of Scowen, Morley and Humphreys is so good.

My only frustration so far is we’ve conceded too many silly goals and, despite scoring two every game, we’ve not been clinical enough (I really feel we should have scored four in every game which sums up how good we look).

• Can we do it on a 'cold Tuesday night in Yorkshire' ?

Yes. We are going to take Oakwell apart

• @micra won't be there in person but he will be kicking every ball