Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• To be fair to Luke O'Nien, the Sunderland Netflix series shows how badly he gets it back - players targeting his dislocated shoulder, trying to pull it out of its socket when the referee's back is turned. He dishes it out, sure, but he also takes it in remarkable good humour.

• edited May 2

09 definitely learned from JJ in being one of the nicest chaps off the pitch you will ever meet, but having a PhD in opponent wind-up.

I am one of those who does not miss the level of dark arts we had, but we were certainly Premier League level at them.

• I think that's a bit peevish. All sorts of facts about all sorts of ex-payers find their way onto here. We can all scroll rapidly through, if we aren't as interested in, say, Jason Banton as we naturally would be in the truly stellar Peter Garland-type figures of the club.

• Personally I like the TJ updates. I really liked him as a player and always enjoying following the careers of the players I like. So thanks @inflikted

• Indeed.

It seems odd to bemoan ex-player news being posted on an ex-player news thread, but perhaps that’s just me.

• Yep it's funny the stuff that irritates people at times.

I must admit I sometimes think "do bore off" when Wycombe are doing badly and people keep writing about how this ex player and that ex player have scored.

But it is exactly what this thread is for!

• Maybe it's always been like that but I kind of thought this thread was for (or at least is at its best) when an ex player does something notable, but if people want to post every time an ex player scores they can do.

There is a bit of a weird implication sometimes that an ex player scoring is somehow proof we should have kept them, despite how many divisions below they are scoring at.

• They can post every time an ex player scores but it clogs the thread and surely isn't its intended purpose. If we all chose a player to do that with it would be tedious to plough through. Hence my suggestion for a dedicated TJ update thread earlier.

Or perhaps I should start posting Taffari Moore at Oxford City updates here (Conf South next season which is possibly a better standard than the Gib League?).

• All ex Wycombe Wanderers news is good for me

• The clue is in the title: 'definitive'

• We'll make a pact, if you can spell a player's name correctly, you can write as many updates as you like?

• “anyone who can only think of one way to spell a word obviously lacks imagination”. No not Sam VoAkes but Mark Twain.

And for those of us who have suffered the prejudice of dyslexia, as long as folk get what you meant, carry on as best you know how.

• agreed, @perfidious_albion. I am always clear what you mean and who you mean. That'll do.

• Richard Keough has announced his retirement.

• Good luck to Keogh. It really was a season of two Richard Ks, wasn't it?

• I think he’ll make a pretty good coach. Best of luck to him

• 786 appearances, that is very rare these days for a defender to make so many appearances.

Always came across as a leader and top bloke. Could definitely see him going in to management

• Randell Williams scores direct from a corner for Bolton.

• Randell Williams scores direct from a corner!!!

• Hold on, has Randell Williams just scored?

• Was it from a corner by any chance?

• I found out I can type "for Bolton" faster than three exclamation points, sorry Eric!

• Perhaps @perfidious_albion is actually talking about TJ Moncur? TBH, I don't really think there's any need for a dedicated thread for him.

• Al-Hamadi celebrating on the shoulders of the Ipswich fans.

• AAH2 showing Swansea and Wycombe the power of self belief

• With Elliot Benyon getting a slightly random name check over on the takeover thread, worth flagging that he was picked as Hanwell Town’s manager’s player of the season last night.

Still going at Step 3 and banging in a few goals at the age of 36.

• Myles Weston starts for Bromley in the National League playoff final

• edited May 6

Do we post about Max in this topic now, or the loan topic still? He’s just had a simple back pass to deal with and has lumped it into row z, right in line with the halfway line!