Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• While I get our rivalry with Reading, I do fully support their actions. The demise of Reading is starting to look worse than that at Bury and I believe this is only the start of the story.

It's also further evidence that the FA & EFL are unfit for perpose and something needs to happen at the very top! Too many unfit / stupid people with money thinking they can come in and buy their way to success. It makes me thankful that we have a switched on owner who did his research before buying us and hasn't screwed us over (yet!)

• We have a rivalry with Reading?

• The EFL are an administrative body which is run on behalf of the member clubs.

The EFL charged Dai Yongge with misconduct in September and recommended a 12-month suspension in November. It was rejected by an independent disciplinary commission.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67763259.amp

• Wishaw Wycombe Wanderers are through to the last 32 of the Amateur Cup, after beating Insch 2-0 yesterday. Match was played at Inverurie.

• edited January 14

At least one Wycombe Wanderers team is on a good run!

• The story at Reading is about to end. The game yesterday was nearly called off on Thu/Fri.

My sons both play for a local club in the Reading area and our Chairman is the Head of Player Logistics at Reading FC, apparently they are trying to sell two of their highly rated youth players to pay this months bills and staff wages. The catering at the training ground ceased in November and players have been taking in microwave meals since.

By what I’m being told, third hand, the club is unlikely to fulfil its fixtures this season and could well fold shortly.

The protest yesterday was a last ditch act by the fans to bring the fate of the club to a wider audience.

Nobody should wake up not having their club to support.

• Poor Wingy.

• edited January 14

No way will Reading fold as John Madejeski will bail them out at the last minute. He will not want to see the club he built dying.

• John doesn’t have the funds or the willpower at nearly 83 to bail them out.

• Rumour from Swindon supporting mate that they're set to sack Mike Flynn and Ainsworth is the favourite for the job. Would suit him geographically, I guess, just down the M4.

• Cape Verde beat Ghana at AFCON through a stoppage-time winner from the brilliantly named Garry Rodrigues

• Aren’t Swindon another basket case club? Not sure GA would want to go there.

• Sickening about Reading, and good on their supporters. Something has to be done regarding club ownership in general, but doubt it will be.

• It does have the potential for high comedy if he gets them back above Oxford.

• edited January 15

I was told about this late last night which highlights many of the issues at Reading

https://youtu.be/hD3HRnTOggM

Just before the game it was announced that the Chinese owner had agreed to sell two of the clubs best players, Holmes and Abbey (Starting Centre Backs) without consulting the manager Selles.

• I heard that too. The CEO released a statement telling the supporters that redundancies across the club were being made and every opportunity was being taken to try and sell the club.

He then was having conversations with different clubs to sell their players with informing the manager or staff. The news was broken when the players didn't report for the fixture and the team sheet had to be changed last minute.

I know that Mike Ashley has been interested in the club as well as other but I'm guessing they have all been priced out of a deal because they owner wants to get back everything that he's put in. It just seems as tho Reading does have to default on a few weeks of fixtures and someone can come in quickly to steady the ship

• Chem Campbell recalled early from loan at Charlton.

I think he would be a good signing for us, we are screaming out for some pace and creativity.

• Everton and Forest both charged with breaching Premier League financial rules. Good to see the game in such a healthy state...

• I thought he was largely a letdown here - not consistent enough. And he's been mostly a benchwarmer at Charlton.

• In the next round Wishy are away to Dinamo Paisley on 3rd February.

• I know I am bound to be perturbed by the obvious plan to relegate Everton and Forest but can anyone explain why City's case(s) which predate both of those are taking so long to sort out while they hoover up trophies? (I assume the Super League will have no FFP rules!)

• edited January 16

Because City allegedly committed an absolute mountain of breaches, each of which have to be investigated, I think. And then they'll lawyer the crap out of it. BBC yesterday said no outcome expected until the end of next season, and that seems optimistic.

• The old adage is if you're going to steal, steal big, I suppose.

I've worked in places where someone nicking a fiver out of petty cash is sacked while someone siphoning off significant sums in a sophisticated manner gets quietly moved on with a glowing reference to save company embarrassment.

• The old adage: "If you owe someone a million pounds, you have a problem. If you owe them a billion pounds, they have a problem."

• Jonathan Pearce just cannot pronounce the word "Mehmeti". As if we didn't all hate him enough already.

• watching Bristol City v West Ham, Mehmeti starts & has looked reasonable

• mem-metti

meh-metty

I prefer Meh..,,,,,,,,,mmmmmmmmmmm please come back.......ti

• He's called him Memmet about 6 times now.

• On one hand it seems insane that one club can rack up 100+ charges, whilst others get 1 charge and get penalised a lot quicker.

However, 100+ charges and the intense lengths it's known that City are going to, to disrupt the investigation make it an absolute long haul process. They even battled the FA on whether they're actually allowed to charge them! Just to delay things that bit more.

One thing is for certain. Pep will be managing the highest resource team in whatever the new dollar league is by the time this comes to a conclusion.