Skip to content

Rumour Mill

Comments

• If nothing else we should probably be grateful he hasn't pitched up there with a "we couldn't stand in his way" message and an undisclosed fee that turned out to be two bags of balls and no sell on.

• edited July 2023

And I’m equally sure that you are either being ironic or you have your tongue firmly planted in your buccal pouch.

But wherever QPR wind up, it certainly won’t be in the Premiership. Whatever you think about Ainsworth’s fairly physically aggressive style of football, it certainly wouldn’t work in the Premiership!!🥹

Or the Premier League (probably).

• If anyone from QPR went to watch Chris at Wealdstone he won’t be going there this transfer window. Looked way off the pace. From our point of view much better to listen to offers in January when he is up to speed and smashing it in league 1. Just as Anis did last year

• @glasshalffull I don't actually think anyone minds your relentless positivity about all things WWFC, and it is a valuable counter-balance to the views of some of the other slightly more negative posters (probably myself included) and all adds to the richness of the debate on here.

However, there are times when I think that you inappropriately attack a poster for airing negative views, rather than just expressing an alternate (positive) view that then detracts from your argument.

You also have to remember not everyone takes themselves that seriously when they post and may just do it for perceived comic effect.

• There's a few relentlessly negative posters on here, which is when they need a reminder of the "Positive" angle.

But in general it's a board where people let off a bit of steam in the moment, and it's just opinions.

The gasroom is generally a decent self policing place and people with unreasonable grudges against owners/players/manager/board etc are usually kept in line with a more balanced view.

• Richard Kone back playing for Newham today and scored a hattrick. Guessing we’ve ended our interest in him, which seems a real shame.

• I understand he scored 80 plus goals in the last two seasons with his current side and a hat trick today. It appear he plies his trade in the same league as Anis before we signed him. Young lad. To score at any level with his consistency show some natural goal scoring ability that possibly could be refined with good coaching to achieve at a higher level. As Mr. King states it is a shame he appears not to be Wycombe bound but that’s life.

• He really seems worth a gamble. He probably wouldn’t be on a fortune if we did and maybe a 1 year deal would allow us to see if he can make the grade as a full time player.

Let’s give the lad a try!!!

• Mr. Blue, I agree completely. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Wonder if QPR will come in for Forino , now one of their centre half was injured in the 5-0 defeat at Oxford.

• edited July 2023
  • Not sure it means that at all.

think Kone would be a development squad player.

if they are working on a work permit think it made sense to allow him to play for his current club today.

• Perhaps he failed the 'personality test' that I assume the club still does. Who knows.

• Yes I think that’s right, we shouldn’t jump to conclusions. He’s only ever been on trial with us so no reason he shouldn’t play for his actual club if they’ve a match. Doesn’t necessarily mean our interest is over.

• You been getting coaching from Mr Chas @davebevan ?

Mr King and Mr Blue indeed. What’s so difficult about usernames? They are there for a purpose, not least to enable other Gasroomers to be notified that you’ve referred to them in a particular thread.

• I consider myself well and truly put in my place by one of the legends of the Gasroom. Life is too short to lose sleep over such trivialities.

• I understand the mechanics and your comments but I found this a bit harsh to be honest.

• Others evidently also thought so. If the use of Mr Blue etc had previously been a trade mark of @davebevan (which it hasn’t) it wouldn’t have struck me so sharply between the eyes. @ChasHarps, for all his encyclopaedic knowledge of things Wanderers, has never (as far as I can recall) deigned to use usernames and I was surprised to see someone emulating him.

• Sorry, @davebevan. I hadn’t seen your post when I replied to @Blue_since_1990 and I’m humbled by your description.

Sincerely hope you slept as well as I did !

• I slept like the proverbial log last night after a couple of beers at home having spent a pleasant afternoon at Adams Park trying to identify all the new players. Have a pleasant relaxing Sunday.

• I sincerely hope not. As I said to some friends yesterday, I’m already far too invested in him for us not to sign him now!

He’s U21 and seemingly a fairly low risk option and the recent rule change regarding visas should remove the barrier that apparently scuppered his move to Col U.

No reason at all that he shouldn’t still play for Newham of course, although it seems like a risk on his part, if he knows he’s on the verge of achieving his dream and signing a deal at a pro club. Guessing he’s non-contract at that level and under no obligation to play if he wants to wrap himself in the proverbial cotton wool.

Like I say, I hope we do sign him and indeed we still may, but I worry the fact we haven’t yet and the fact he’s now back playing for Newham might mean his trial has ended. If we are going to sign him, I hope we move fast, as there’s clearly a good deal of interest in him and if Col U are quicker to dangle a contract in front of him, he may choose them as the geographically easier option.

• edited July 2023

I live in the hope that the club said to Kone - Saturdays game isn’t one for the Trailists. Last one before the season starts and JJ’s testimonial. So, go have a full game at Newham, do the things we’ve worked on while you’ve trained with us and we’ll send someone to watch/view the videos and talk on Monday.

I mean, that’s what I’d do if I thought he had a chance. But what do I know about how these things work

• Maybe Kone turned us down

• Clean your mouth out @Kim_il_Swan

Cant have people making valid points when it comes to maybe signing a potential good player.

• I hope we sign him too!

• Maybe we're waiting for the Forino money 😀 If we are by any chance we probably have to hope Gaz doesn't get sacked first.

• Gab Sutton reporting that QPR are still after Forino. He’d be mad to go there now though wouldn’t he?

• In the second half of their 0-5 drubbing of a friendly vs the PNL their two centre backs had precisely zero minutes of league football between them. The starting centre backs are both injured, the first choices from last season have moved on. They are desperate with no money! Apart from that bring £750k + sell ons to the table and we can talk.

And yes Chris would be mad to go, but then so was Gaz and Dobbo, so stranger things have happened.

• Ambition may well drive Chris to move to them, provided they offer enough money for him.

However, in this instance I would advise he stops thinks and maybe review his options in January with six months more experience.