Skip to content

January Transfer Window (realistic suggestions only)

Comments

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpKCqp9CALQ&t=13s

Played at Wembley after L1 PO final in May immediately following final whistle

• we have lost Anis and yes we have gained Campbell however he will be offski in 6 months ...along with Vokes , Taff, Alfie , Freeman......

• Would be very (happily) surprised if Clem is close to Mehmeti's level. He's obviously shown some promise in the youth league and a handful of sub appearances in the Premier league, but Mehmeti has been playing and shining in the Championship and League 1 for 2 and a half seasons now. I'm looking forward to seeing him play of course, but suspect he'll be a raw talent. May take a little while for us to see the best of him.

• I genuinely get embarrassed for them when they post anything... proper shame on the family stuff

• We do all realise that the fee, (whatever that maybe), isn’t paid upfront. With that in mind I wonder how the instalments effect the value of the club should Rob decides he wants to sell?

• And as time progresses we’ll get a whole new rota of players we’ve never heard of but we’ll come to fully support and appreciate their efforts.

We support this wonderful club and team and, whatever else happens in the world, always will.

Chill and think yourself lucky and privileged that you may have another 50 years cheering on our proud representatives in Oxford & Cambridge* Blue quarters**

*or bizarre variations of

**well maybe not always quarters (back to stripes anyone?)

• I am actually a little excited about the summer, just because the amount of unknowns means it is likely to have a lot of surprises. The team starting the 23/24 campaign could have four or five players not currently employed by us, for all we know.

• I’m just waiting the ‘no more business tonight’ tweet.

Leaves us short in a couple of areas for sure. Opportunities for some, fingers crossed the injuries stay away.

• edited January 2023

There's now a deadline day special with Gareth & Pete reflecting on the transfer window, so maybe we're done for the day.

Would be embarrassing if there were further late departures.

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2023/january/31/deadline-day-special-gareth-and-pete/

• You know what? now I'm over the loss of anis... realising it was always going to happen. ... its as it stands, not the worst transfer window in the world....

Anis (hopefully) went for what he is worth.... we have a replacement lined up... that on paper.. might be much better than Anis..

Players that will most benefit from playing regularly have been loaned out.. some big wages for non regular 1st reamers has been freed up...

Alls good

• absolutely embarrassing if we don't get anyone else in .....obviously geared to sell the club...hopefully happens quicklu to.someone who actually want to improve us

• Fortunately, you’ll be offski even sooner. Only three months left until that season ticket expires.

• edited January 2023

I was having a look at expiring contracts the other day and I really think we'll see 10-15 out the door this summer (including fringe/dev), should be quite the shake-up

• I see Sam Lavelle is on the move - Burton Albion. Wonder if things would be very different for him had he joined us.

• edited January 2023

Under 2 hours to go now ladies and gents.. any surprises about to happen?

Lol... I doubt it myself.... but....

• If Mawson doesn’t recover from his six week precaution. If Forino continues to be AWOL with *****. Then what? We are bare bones in certain areas. Campbell might be great. He might also be another of a long list of Premier League players to come to us and disappoint. Our squad is arguably worse than the end of last season. And after 2 windows and a decent influx of cash I think that’s disappointing

• Yes, but we have one of those one-way glass walls in the tunnel now, so...

• @DevinesWanderers80 Do you know what's even more embarrassing?........

(Will post the answer after the watershed and you can read it before school tomorrow)

• We even leveled the playing field of "sporting advantage" for Oxford and made them feel at home by closing a stand. What a club we are.

• On the plus side, the clubs' policy of not telling us about injuries means we get surprise new signings throughout the season. Heard we may be getting Gape, Mawson and Forino at some point....

• This was a very interesting watch. GA and PC selling it as a good day overall as it signals the success of the development squad. It's hard to know how to feel without knowing the fee, but there is at least some truth to that.

Also interesting to hear PC imply that last season was funded by Champo money, but this season they made the deliberate decision to spend big to give the team that same so close another chance. Certainly nothing about trying to do that every season. Also, the admission (finally) that we are never going to fill AP and the only chance at sustainability is player development/sales.

• The Ainsworth interview (which was recorded at 6.15pm) hints of “one or two more (signings).” Ainsworth: “it’s going to be another late one.”

• Not Aaron Pierre he’s off to Wimbledon

• Pete could have asked ANYONE at Wycombe whether we could reach financial sustainability with match day income and we could have told him. No chance. Cup runs and player sales. That’s it.

Personally I still think a £3million punt to get up this season is mental. And grossly irresponsible

• Why would we want Pierre back?? Any signings we make need to be sustainable and with the future of the club in mind.

Next season is going to be a transitional period for Wycombe. Taff, Vokes (although don't see many takers at higher level at present), McCleary, Gape, Forino, JJ, Scowen, Stryjek, Wing, Horgan all potential subjects of bids or pastures new.

• all.pete did was talk over GA the whole time....come across so arrogant

• You could argue that the irresponsibility has been softened with the sale of Mehmeti, and a number of players off our wage bill.

We still look strong. Whilst Mehmeti was different level on his day, there were games when he was anonymous and could have coped without him. I feel proud that our system is paying off. Now that's responsible.

• anyone know if anis can play v citeh? or is he cuptied?