Skip to content

Match day thread: Peterborough

Comments

• Pish's badge is surprisingly religious, I discovered.

• And in 2020, St Peter denied Peterborough entry at the gates of the Championship

• Any news on various injuries? Anyone in contention to return?

• Alan Swann is still struggling to shake off a grudge

• edited October 2022
  • The remaining copies of the latest edition of The Wanderer will be on sale before today’s game. There’s not many left, so get in early!

• Just a few things that have happened since PPG-gate:

• 2 full seasons of football have been played
    • Peterborough have been promoted to the Championship
    • Peterborough have been relegated from the Championship
    • The England Woman’s team won the Euros
    • The England Men’s team made the final of the Euros
    • We’ve had a new Prime Minister
    • The USA have elected a new President
    • The USA pulled forces out of Afghanistan
    • Russia attacked Ukraine without provocation and initiated war
    • The Queen passed away

Yet Mr Swann continues to fire shots at the club from the safety of his computer, completely ignoring the fact that we didn’t choose our fate in 2020, and still had to overcome both Fleetwood (over 2 legs) and Oxford, being written off at the start of the playoffs in the same way we continue to be written off today.

Gareth uses these things to motivate his team so well, and I really hope he’s stored up some of Alan’s greatest hits material to show to the team before kick-off today.

Wouldn’t it be delightful if Mr Swann’s whining and unnecessary jibes over the last few years were a contributing factor in a Wycombe victory today?!

• It's ALAN VERSUS ALAN (in your best Xfactor voiceover voice)

• Alanimosity

• I can only imagine that this is your highest "liked" post ever on here.

Really hope we absolutely rip them, and him a new one.

We're still early enough in the season for a simple 3 points to give us a real jump up the table too.

• The bit that is really hard to understand with the other club's whinging about our position, was that we'd spent literally the whole rest of the season in the top 6, and despite having had a slight wobble, we were only outside the top 6 because we didn't play in the last round of fixtures, being a 23 team league that year.

Plus we did win the playoffs without any "help" too.

• Hanlan on the bench 👏🏻

• No gape, but no other changes to the 11

• Hanlan back on the bench is big!

• So good to have Hanlan back. I had Anis in the mystery injury sweep this week so I’m glad I lost.

• For all the storm in a teacup about AP’s recent BFP article, I’d be really embarrassed if we had a local journalist who carried on like Alan Swann.

although I suspect that, like all local papers, the Peterborough Bugle is quickly become irrelevant, so maybe it keeps people reading.

• Mustard!!! Lovely to see Hanlan back.

• Hanlan back on the bench is great to see. He brings a different dynamic to our attack so I’m hoping he’ll be a regular starter when he’s got some minutes under his belt.

• Surprised GMac didnt take the shot

• Rubbish turnout from the fans of massive club Peterborough

• I sincerely hope the audio on Wanderers TV isn't plagued by the same bug as the PA system.

The VERY annoying "beat" being played is even more of an issue than the drummer

• So poor from Vokes. Basically started their attack.

• absolutely awful , Gareth tactics are clueless

• That was feeble

• Mawson on final-third throws is absolutely baffling, isn't it

• Shame for Vokes, has had good touches so far then does that, but can't legislate 3 defenders standing off.

If we've not got a midfield that can defend, it's disappointing to not see us try to move it around quickly

• Be alright if someone could get their head on it occasionally.