Skip to content

David Stockdale

Comments

• It's one of the weirdest I've ever seen on here. Should we call nurse?

• Of course we'll panto boo him - and he'll love it!

• Confirmed on the new app that he has left the club.

• It’s official, just came thru on the app.

• Farewell Stocko, it was an absolute blast having you here

• Shame, but don't blame him one bit if it's better for him and his family. All the best Stocko !

• On the look out for a new no.1 then

• With Stocko & Bayo going they are going to be big boots to fill in more ways than one. Great characters who have been fantastic for WWFC and wish them both all the best.

• this is going to be a sink or swim season for us , let's see if the owners are serious about building a team for the championship

• Thanks for everything, Stocko.

• https://www.the42.ie/gavin-bazunu-southampton-5791587-Jun2022/

Spent the season on loan at Portsmouth last season. Was unbelievable against us at Fratton Park and almost certainly cost us 2 points.

It just doesn't make any sense not to be looking at the loan market for a replacement goalkeeper

• Who says we're not looking at the loan market for a 'keeper?

• Sad to see Stocko go. He was a major factor in our success last year and the way we play. Clearly been offered a better deal. I would like us to bring in someone with experience. Rumours floating about that Ben Foster is a possibility. Personally I think that would be a good choice.

• David Stockdale....thank you!

• Stockdale was fantastic for us.

He was patient whilst Allsop was here, grabbed his chance with both hands when it came and transformed how our defence played with his command of his area.

IMHO he got us into the playoffs last year. He made some genuinely world class saves.

Good luck David, you’ll be fondly remembered around these parts.

• pre season for this sort of thing too I guess.

• “Gave me the chance and got my love back for the game.” (From his tweet)

can’t remember the exact quote but it reminds me of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - we’re in safe hands.

thanks Stocko - you’ve been a big part of our success. Don’t get lost again..

• Well I think Pierre may get a less than fulsome welcome from some of @Right_in_the_Middle’s mates

• What happens if he's voted player of the season?

• I’m fine. Just baffled how a post starting ‘Really laughing at…’ is seen as angry. I was genuinely laughing and not in an angry manic way.

Good luck to David Stockdale next season. He’s been a calming presence for me in the last year.

I was going to recall a moment from those around me at his last game for us but it doesn’t matter now.

• I think it’s going to be a bob about for a bit season myself

• It's the bit about "morons in the terrace". Sort of angry wasn't it.

• Many a team that lose a play off final have a lower key next season.

Including us after the Southend defeat, and including Oxford whom we last beat in a final.

• I have absolute love and respect for Stocko. We pulled him off the football scrap heap and managed to sign him for a fraction of the wage he was on at Birmingham. He felt he owed us and the rest his history

What he did during his time on and off the field was a measure of the man. His support for causes, his support for his fellow pro’s, his smiling demeanour, and and and…. Like Bayo he will be impossible to replace.

And the goalkeeping of course.

Favourite moment - the Bristol City penalty

Best performance - Franchise away. The all time best keeping performance I think I’ve ever seen.

• Thank you David, you're a class act and a class keeper. All the best to you and your family.

• When a man isn't allowed to conjure up an imaginary scenario in his head and then get angry about it on the internet, it will be a sad day.

• All the best and thank you Stocko. You will be missed.

• Was it Michael Simpson who was booed having been not offered a new contract the previous summer after many years service?

Certainly it was the England manager who got his team to a semi final and final of the last two major tournaments being booed last night for losing a quasi friendly.

I am afraid there are plenty of idiots and sheep out there who might follow there leader and boo Stockdale. All clubs have their idiotic fringe. Not much can be done there I am afraid.

For the majority, he served the club well and has now chosen to move on for wholly understandable personal reasons. I am sure he leaves with the best wishes of the vast majority of supporters. I trust Gareth to unearth the next David Stockdale in the next few weeks.