Skip to content

Technical issues

Comments

• My guess is that the gasroom has been running on a fairly old, slow shared server that has seen better days.

I for one am more than happy to donate £1 or so per month to move to a better server at the hosting co

• It’s exactly that @Erroll_Sims, I’m planning to move it to a dedicated VPS once the season is finished.

• Actually, it’s a pretty good shared server, but I think one of the other tenants may be abusing it.

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    My guess is that the gasroom has been running on a fairly old, slow shared server that has seen better days.

I for one am more than happy to donate £1 or so per month to move to a better server at the hosting co

It’d be worth more than that to me now that my discussion of all things Wanderers is mostly restricted to the Gasroom, Dave Gardner’s (@Davieboy) Friends of Wycombe Wanderers Facebook page and occasional phone calls to folk I knew in the Frank Adams stand and the Woodland Lounge.

Happy to chip in.

• I have a community website hosted on Kualo. Cost is just over £100 for a 2 year plan. I’m happy to cover the first 2 years if you were willing to migrate @drcongo

• edited May 2022

@drcongo said:
    Actually, it’s a pretty good shared server, but I think one of the other tenants may be abusing it.

Let me guess - someone hosts the PASOTI forum on it and it shorted out with all the drool from the contributors foaming at the mouth after our latest game against Plymouth?

EDIT - I'd be up for contributing towards running the board on a better server too

• Even the website has upped its game this morning, fastest it’s been for weeks.
    Life is sweet right now

• PASOTI = Plymouth Argyle Supporters On The Internet?

[I can treat this like Wordle if necessary and get to the truth, like I normally do, in 3 or 4]

• @micra said:
    PASOTI = Plymouth Argyle Supporters On The Internet?

[I can treat this like Wordle if necessary and get to the truth, like I normally do, in 3 or 4]

I should confess @micra I nicked the Wycomve Wordle idea from their PASOTI forum! Don’t hate me ?

Number 6 is up now ?

• @drcongo

Been getting this on and off all evening:

Error 525 Ray ID: 70851748ee9e74b5 • 2022-05-08 20:54:30 UTC
    SSL handshake failed

• Me too.

• Yeah, me too. I might try to get the site on the new server between now and Wembley.

• @username123 said:

@micra said:
    PASOTI = Plymouth Argyle Supporters On The Internet?

I should confess @micra I nicked the Wycomve Wordle idea from their PASOTI forum! Don’t hate me ?

Number 6 is up now ?

Hate you @Username ? Certainly not. Believe it was number 7 I did earlier. In 4, if memory serves.?

• Seems like the only way I’m getting any work done today is if the technical issues reappear.

• They will.

• Anyone else getting the occasional **Error 525 ** page coming up here?
    Happening on both laptop and iphone.

• Not a technical issue of the kind we've been discussing in this thread, but is there any way of inhibiting the quote function so that it can't quote more than x characters? There's been a couple of examples recently of people quoting huge blocks of text and it's really not helpful - I read the original post and you're just taking up screen space.

• @OakwoodExile said:
    Not a technical issue of the kind we've been discussing in this thread, but is there any way of inhibiting the quote function so that it can't quote more than x characters? There's been a couple of examples recently of people quoting huge blocks of text and it's really not helpful - I read the original post and you're just taking up screen space.

That's a good shout. Like a 'read more' ellipsis...?

• Don’t know what an ellipsis looks like when it’s at home but, as someone who ‘campaigned’ in the past against unnecessary quoting of previous comments (specifically when the comment quoted had only just been made), I’d be in favour.

• @micra said:
    Don’t know what an ellipsis looks like when it’s at home but, as someone who ‘campaigned’ in the past against unnecessary quoting of previous comments (specifically when the comment quoted had only just been made), I’d be in favour.

• @Chris said:

@micra said:
    Don’t know what an ellipsis looks like when it’s at home but, as someone who ‘campaigned’ in the past against unnecessary quoting of previous comments (specifically when the comment quoted had only just been made), I’d be in favour.

• @Chris said:

@micra said:

@drcongo said:

@Chris said:

@micra said:

Now, lads. Yous gangin’ up on me. ?

• My SSL Handshake brings all the boys to the yard
    And they're like, Wix better than yours
    Damn right, Wix better than yours
    I can switch you, but I have to charge

• @YorkExile said:
    My SSL Handshake brings all the boys to the yard

Brilliant @YorkExile although could well be lost on many - you might need a link to the video to do your wording justice ?

• New server is up and running. Just need to find a good time to close this one while I transfer the DB over.

• @drcongo said:
    New server is up and running. Just need to find a good time to close this one while I transfer the DB over.

You could do it Saturday afternoon, nothing else worth doing then.

• @YorkExile said:
    My SSL Handshake brings all the boys to the yard

Brilliant @YorkExile although could well be lost on many - you might need a link to the video to do your wording justice ?

• I need a link. Makes a change from needing a leak.