Skip to content

Technical issues

Comments

• Linking to the video might get people into a spot of bother... the wording is adapted from a song called "Milkshake" by Kelis @micra.

• Awaits a Google search followed my eye popping moment from @micra

• @drcongo great work setting this up for before the game, kindly redeem your free beer in the Torch as early as you like

• I think the site should only be down for an hour at most. Then we get a shiny new one with fancy new features in time for Wembley.

• Excellent news - like others I would happily 'buy you a coffee' in recognition of all your efforts or perhaps there is a charity close to your heart?

• @username123 said:
    Awaits a Google search followed my eye popping moment from @micra

Damn right @username123 ?. Long way removed from “Those were the days, my friend” by Mary Hopkins! Different times.

• @drcongo said:
    I think the site should only be down for an hour at most. Then we get a shiny new one with fancy new features in time for Wembley.

Fancy features? Are we talking Gasroom 2.1 levels of fanciness or Gasroom 3.0?

• @arnos_grove said:

@drcongo said:
    I think the site should only be down for an hour at most. Then we get a shiny new one with fancy new features in time for Wembley.

Fancy features? Are we talking Gasroom 2.1 levels of fanciness or Gasroom 3.0?

It's actually becoming the Gastroroom

• Trying to think what the fancy features might be. @drcongo doesn't strike me as a heavy GIF user...

• Rumours are that the updated Gasroom will give the ambience of a Marlow bistro

• @LX1 said:
    Rumours are that the updated Gasroom will give the ambience of a Marlow bistro

Does this mean no more intense debates about crisps?

• A shiny new one sounds intriguing. It will come as no surprise that I think identification of thumbers (as for ‘likes’ on FB etc) would be an interesting additional feature but I can see why that is very unlikely. It’s a shame that people are able to hide behind their anonymity rather than having to justify/explain their disagreement/animosity in a constructive manner.

I look forward to waking up tomorrow, greeted by the brand new iteration of this fine forum.

On a more serious note, as I’ve said before, I’d be happy to chip in with any financial support that may be needed now or in future - the near future, that is!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@LX1 said:
    Rumours are that the updated Gasroom will give the ambience of a Marlow bistro

Does this mean no more intense debates about crisps?

Not on my watch.

• @micra said:
    A shiny new one sounds intriguing. It will come as no surprise that I think identification of thumbers (as for ‘likes’ on FB etc) would be an interesting additional feature but I can see why that is very unlikely. It’s a shame that people are able to hide behind their anonymity rather than having to justify/explain their disagreement/animosity in a constructive manner.

I look forward to waking up tomorrow, greeted by the brand new iteration of this fine forum.

On a more serious note, as I’ve said before, I’d be happy to chip in with any financial support that may be needed now or in future - the near future, that is!

Ha bloody ha ?

• @micra said:
    A shiny new one sounds intriguing. It will come as no surprise that I think identification of thumbers (as for ‘likes’ on FB etc) would be an interesting additional feature but I can see why that is very unlikely. It’s a shame that people are able to hide behind their anonymity rather than having to justify/explain their disagreement/animosity in a constructive manner.

Fishing for ‘unlikes’? @micra is the Piers Morgan of the Gasroom ?

• There's an entirely new (and more reliable) thumbs system on the new site. It's also much easier for me to, on a whim, show who thumbed up or down.

• I think we should be able to see who thumbs up or down ! Definitely

• Won't the strain of the sheer number of thumb upping and downing notifications threaten the very fabric of the new look eco-Gasroom?

• I can see an epidemic of revenge down-thumbing...

• Christmas lights should be no problem in this brave new world.

I heard there was a feature where if you get 30 thumbs down on a post Aaron Pierre comes out and headbutts you but I have probably said too much.

• All the best for the changeover @drcongo and thank you for what you do for us.

• Is there a feature to automatically down thumb posts made by a given contributor?

Can we have a thumbs league table?

See you on the other side..,

• Looks great @drcongo

• I think it's worked. Though I forgot to do a bunch of housekeeping before switching it back on. Things might still change a bit while I do that stuff.

• The new look might take a bit of getting used to but I like it.

• edited May 2022

OOOH

• Oi oi check this out!

• Arghh, change!!! Panic!!!

Thanks for all the efforts @drcongo