Skip to content

Technical issues

Comments

• For the record all good for me now as well !

• Good find @drcongo , much better now, probably about time some of us bought you a pint.

• I’m praying that it will be warm enough (and I’m feeling confident enough) to make it to the Sheffield Wednesday game. Especially if it’s not a ‘must win’ game.

• Someone will need to point me in the direction of the good doctor if I do get there. Much appreciate your efforts @drcongo.

• Is @drcongo actually Doctor Congo or the Democratic Republic of Congo? Or does he/she alternate between the two depending on mood? Or have the docs slipped an extra tablet or two into my daily cocktail to make me even wonder about this?

• I often wonder about it myself.

• Yes I always thought it was an oblique tribute to Big Yves.

• I thought it was a reference to the character seen regularly in sixties classic series Bewitched rather than any troubled African nations.

• It goes back a long time, to being slightly tipsy one day and thinking it would be an amusing username. As a side effect, I get a lot of twitter mentions from people thinking I'm the country. The best one of all time was a notification on my phone for a tweet that said "@drcongo is the greatest human...." - I thought, oh that's nice, I wonder who that is, so I opened it and the full tweet said "@drcongo is the greatest humanitarian disaster on the planet". Fair comment.

• Yeah sorry about that, I'd had a few drinks

• Can’t get into matchday thread to share my reflections on a very disappointing afternoon.

• After you so kindly sorted my earlier request, could I please try another one?

When someone posts a website link in a Gasroom article, could it open up in a new tab (I'm using a laptop) rather than me lose my place on the Gasroom?

No worry if its not possible but thought I would ask.

Thanks

• @AlanCecil said:
    After you so kindly sorted my earlier request, could I please try another one?

When someone posts a website link in a Gasroom article, could it open up in a new tab (I'm using a laptop) rather than me lose my place on the Gasroom?

Thanks

Hold down control+shift when you click the link and it will open in a new tab

• Is anyone else finding that pages are taking a long time to load again?

• @Vital said:
    Is anyone else finding that pages are taking a long time to load again?

I am indeed, and sometimes not at all.

• @Vital said:

Yep

• @Vital said:

Yes.

• I thought MrsPerfideous_albion has put some malware on my phone limiting gasroom screen time!

• There seems to be an awful lot of suspicious traffic emanating from Russia. Sorry for the problems.

@AlanCecil - forcing a new window open is, I'm afraid, bad practice as it removes the choice from everyone and can be very annoying for people using assistive devices like screen readers. Like @OxfordBlue mentioned, you can choose to have them open in a new window by holding down a modifier key - on Macs this is the Cmd key, I'll have to take @OxfordBlue's word for it being Ctrl+Shift on Windows.

• If the Russians take the Gasroom down there is no question it will mean war!

• They can take our Gasroom but they can never take our CRISPS!

• They’re threatening our crisps (and possibly also our mini cheddars) by disrupting production of rapeseed and olive oil.

• @Wendoverman said:
    If the Russians take the Gasroom down there is no question it will mean war!

We could try selling our GASroom to Poland and Germany?

• There’s only one letter difference between Gasprom and Gasroom.

Has @drcongo been grooming us all these years?

• @OxfordBlue said:

@AlanCecil said:
    After you so kindly sorted my earlier request, could I please try another one?

Thanks

Hold down control+shift when you click the link and it will open in a new tab

Thanks - you learn something here every day!

• What a day for the gasroom server to shit the bed.

• It's the Wycombe way!

• I assume the Gasroom is still under some sort of cyber attack as I see this more often than not.

Service Unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

• It’s much better this morning.

• Better today than yesterday, still a little slow. Yesterday I pretty much gave up by the evening