Skip to content

Josh Parker, conspiracy theorist

Comments

• David Icke has become a millionaire peddling bizarre bullshine to fill the heads of paranoid f***nuts - mainly in the USA - so I'm not interested in his 'point of view' to be honest. I would like to think it's harder to convince people in places where scientology hasn't got a foothold, but there's no accounting for taste.

• @Wendoverman said:
    David Icke has become a millionaire peddling bizarre bullshine to fill the heads of paranoid f***nuts - mainly in the USA - so I'm not interested in his 'point of view' to be honest. I would like to think it's harder to convince people in places where scientology hasn't got a foothold, but there's no accounting for taste.

Shape shifting lizards have their place in football alongside any other fans

• If people want to go look up his videos on YouTube that’s fine, but we’re not going to have them linked here on the Gasroom.

• @Chris said:
    If people want to go look up his videos on YouTube that’s fine, but we’re not going to have them linked here on the Gasroom.

Sorry @Chris lesson learned

• I read a good article recently about how to try and get folks to stop believing (and peddling) insane conspiracy theories. The thrust was that there are psychological factors That make someone more likely to believe them.

• being less educated.
    • a desire to be special (narcissistic tendencies)
    • feelings of powerlessness (explaining something out of your control)
    • a need for certainty
      I think the thrust of the article was to convince the tin foil hatters was not to ridicule, does nothing but make collective heels dig in, but to get them to take concrete action to improve their situation, even to write about it and in this way renforce the relationship between cause and effect and to gently get them to move away from believing wild eyed theories to explain the world around them.

However having a compromised immune system myself I tend to think as someone said earlier that JP might be mentally compromised, which is a shame as listening to the interview on RTB I felt real sympathy for him. Still do now.....just in a slightly different way. Hopefully someone at the club has a word as to how his tin foil antics reflect on him and by association the club.

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    I read a good article recently about how to try and get folks to stop believing (and peddling) insane conspiracy theories.

...I tend to think as someone said earlier that JP might be mentally compromised, which is a shame as listening to the interview on RTB I felt real sympathy for him. Still do now.....just in a slightly different way. Hopefully someone at the club has a word as to how his tin foil antics reflect on him and by association the club.

But don't you have even a tiny suspicion that there may be a lot more to this? I'd like to think I don't fall into any of the categories you listed in your post. Just keeping an open mind, which necessitates looking beyond the traditional trusted sources. Sure there are some fantastic theories out there but also lots of questioning without the political point scoring.

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed The last sentence is particularly pertinent, he is straying into Glenn Hoddle territory with comments about coronavirus being some sort of karmic payback for people with pre-existing conditions (which can be inferred he is implying is always their fault).

• Viruses appear and disappear in the natural world as a matter of course? Total rubbish. It's either God punishing us, lizard overlords weeding out the weak, or Diana, Bruce Lee and Elvis finally returning after years perfecting it in a secret lab to teach world a lesson. You won't hear any of that on the lamestream, liberal, fake news mass media.

• I do feel the media could have done a better job at holding the government to account for its lack of swifter action. It seems the tide has turned now though, with critical headlines in most papers.

• Hopefully this is what stops Trump from being re-elected. Not so sure about Boris though.

• The Tory rags are really turning on Boris this morning.
    He and his lick spittle cabinet seem to be just a drone of u turns, mistruths or down right lies.
    It will be interesting if any Tory back benchers start questioning Boris's handling of this crisis.

• Trump's popularity has actually gone up, at least for now. Just shows that if you lie blatantly enough there's enough morons out their who'll believe you.

• @Chris I think the media have been sticking it to Ministers and demanding answers, but in a more genuinely concerned and measured way as this is an unprecedented national emergency and they actually need to know what these one note useless gobshites (my opinion) are actually going to do. Bruised and battered by the Cummings Administration already, they have also been trying to avoid a 'liberal meeja bashing our patriotic Brexit leadership what we voted for' backlash from our patriotic BBQing, ambulance vandalising, Chinese tourist bashing, coughing and biting policemen, online trolling population. As for the press I'm assuming they are worried about their reader demographic @ChasHarps as the Mail online gets the looking for half-clad women and gossip younglings but the Times and Torygraph are still behind a pay wall. If the oldies and richies all drop off the twig because of government inaction, confused messaging and Gove spouting Trumpian science about testing that leaves scientists and health experts scratching their head it might bite into their sales.

• The virus disproportionately kills old people and those who don't believe experts should be trusted. The Times, Torygraph and Daily Heil have all turned because this is their customer base.

• Strangely enough as Dr Hilary pointed out the other morning on Good Morgan Rant the anti-vaxxers have been very quiet! :smile:

• Ofcom this week found a radio station in breach regarding an interviewee’s assertion on air that Coronavirus may be linked to 5G technology.

• good grief

• edited April 2020

Sounds fanciful so yes of course Ofcom should discourage any 'alternative' views and ensure we only hear the truth.

• That's right...the truth is out there and it's being hidden by The Man (or the Woman in these liberal times). The interviewee basically agreed that there are two sides to every story but anyone else's side was total lies....so he wasn't overly keen on alternative views himself.

• Conflating opinion with facts does seem to promote the dunning-Kruger referenced in another post recently. Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.

• For anyone trying to sort fact from fiction, try the link below. How you can fact check claims about the new coronavirus - a few useful hints to follow

https://fullfact.org/health/how-to-fact-check-coronavirus/

• edited April 2020

As it is boredom lockdown mode, how about this nutter on youtube? Link removed

• Story on the BBC from Los Angeles a railway engineer tried to crash a train into a hospital ship because he thought it was part of a plot to take over.

• Again, let’s not link to the conspiracy videos and give them any additional views.

• My Liverpool supporting mate did say it was all a Man Utd plot to stop them winning the prem title.... His tongue was firmly in his cheek however!

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    My Liverpool supporting mate did say it was all a Man Utd plot to stop them winning the prem title.... His tongue was firmly in his cheek however!

Wuhan is twinned with Manchester apparently.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Strangely enough as Dr Hilary pointed out the other morning on Good Morgan Rant the anti-vaxxers have been very quiet! :smile:

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/news/government-corruption/gates-globalist-vaccine-agenda-a-win-win-for-pharma-and-mandatory-vaccination/

• Imagine wanting more people to get vaccinated, how evil,

• @Chris said:
    Imagine wanting more people to get vaccinated, how evil,

Been a movement against since they started

https://archive.org/details/vaccinationcurse00peeb_201805/page/n6/mode/2up