Skip to content

Josh Parker, conspiracy theorist

Comments

• Probably angling for a route into his next career.

Is he a 1 year deal here or 2?

• 2 year deal but @chairboyscentral doing his best to stymie

• As someone has already said, he's a PR disaster waiting to happen - if it isn't happening already.

• How could we forget? Why keep posting about him?

• Two year deal. He'll do very well to get near the pitch if we do go up.
    No checkatrade.

• Because he's a representative of the club and he's put himself in a bit of a compromising position...

• @Onlooker first David Icke, now Tommy Robinson. Any other heroes you have we should know about?

• In the week that one of his own team-mates reported being racially abused. It's not exactly a good look is it?

• I’m just defending Josh @aloysius ? @chairboyscentral I saw you were pleased with the reply from Steve Baker re Dom Cummings. Have you written to Gareth Ainsworth?

• I think Josh was wrong to do this. Besides the fact that we have one of the biggest games in the club's history, I don't think the club would like to see Parker associate with a far right ultra-nationalist thug like Tommy Robinson. I have no respect for Mr Robinson, so why does Josh somehow have respect for him?

• @thedieharder said:
    I think Josh was wrong to do this. Besides the fact that we have one of the biggest games in the club's history, I don't think the club would like to see Parker associate with a far right ultra-nationalist thug like Tommy Robinson. I have no respect for Mr Robinson, so why does Josh somehow have respect for him?

*one of the clubs biggest games in its history in two days

• He believes in free speech. Will he be the first footballer cancelled for wrongthink?

• I never quite understand this free speech myth.

These days more than ever before there's a very obvious line you can't cross with your words and opinions.

• That’s the point. If you say anything that detracts, up pops the mob on Twitter and you’re gone. I’m not defending Tommy Robinson but would be interested in hearing sensitive topics being discussed by all sides.

• I don’t think anyone has the monopoly on what is right or wrong.

• @Onlooker said:
    I don’t think anyone has the monopoly on what is right or wrong.

I think racists are wrong. Tommy Robinson is a racist.

• We agree on that and no doubt many other things. I don’t think we can change things unless we engage frankly and calmly. And without trading insults.

• @Onlooker said:
    I don’t think anyone has the monopoly on what is right or wrong.

Some things are pretty obviously wrong.

I'm not sure if you're a Robinson fan, but he's one of these types that has a cloak of sense behind his general MO that terrorism is bad and it's very disturbing that there's 1,000s of people being monitored for it in the UK. But he has a fairly sinister underbelly beyond this.

• I’m no fan @Malone I can assure you. I just feel there might be a chance to heal one of the divisions that him being cancelled left chasm-wide.

• Green Street @drcongo ?

• I watched that doc,and if that happened ON camera, you can imagine the sort of reaction he attracts off camera!

• I’m just sad that one of our own appears to be pushing for Josh to lose his job. It’s not just Tom, sadly there is another chap on Twitter doing the same. Can’t we play nicely?

• edited July 2020

@Onlooker said:
    I’m just sad that one of our own appears to be pushing for Josh to lose his job. It’s not just Tom, sadly there is another chap on Twitter doing the same. Can’t we play nicely?

I mean, I think it's fair to say someone at the club should remind him of his responsibilities. But I'll be honest, I can't get behind him in the way I do the rest of the guys after his previous social media output and now this. And I'm not surprised I'm far from alone in that.

• Have you written to Gareth?

• Someone should definitely have a word.

Maybe David Wheeler could have a word and point out it's possible to be intelligent and different in a less awkward way.

• I think a lot of people are feeling awkward and probably a good thing in the current climate.

• I’m not black and I’m not a Vegan, but I enjoy my football, love Wycombe and I’m a family man so plenty in common with Josh. Also partial to a conspiracy theory (divisive I know) so I’m happy to give the lad the benefit of the doubt and worry about other stuff. Why try and put the boot in?

• @chairboyscentral - Having scrolled through your personal twitter feed I think you have some front calling out Josh for his social media activity. If you worked for me I would certainly be ‘having a word’

• @Onlooker said:
    @chairboyscentral - Having scrolled through your personal twitter feed I think you have some front calling out Josh for his social media activity. If you worked for me I would certainly be ‘having a word’

Intriguing post. What do you mean by that? I looked, but it's protected. And I presume it wasn't just protected in the 10mins since you posted that!