Skip to content

Three hours left to vote

Comments

• @micra said:
    PR stunt coronation? I don’t think so!
    Most of the crowd will have seen pictures of Rob Couhig at best. What better way to welcome him en masse.

Rob Couhig has been on the pitch at least twice before recent games and to be honest most people will still be drinking in the Village at 2.45.

It's a PR stunt and we'll be seeing plenty more if them.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I voted in my local Maidenhead ward election on Wednesday and I’ll be voting in the general election on December 12. I don’t expect an email informing me of the result in either case.

But you would expect to know the result when it's confirmed and not leave a few days just to fit in with a chance to PR it?
    That is without talking about this being a private members vote and not a public one

• @Username said:
    The problem is, you can't s send out an email to the members AND have the big PR stunt Saturday. If the email is sent out today, it would be all over various social media platforms 1 minute later, killing the "big reveal".

We know the only bit of any importance already, what difference does 3 /4 days make? If he got 75% or 100%, nothing changes.

Why not? As you say we already know the result in its simplest terms and the club can do the pre game stuff based on that. That is about Rob and his chance to address us.
    The actual numbers for and against are important to some and are unlikely to even be heard from our poor tannoy system. That should have been available to Legacy members when confirmed.

• Uncle T, the only figure of importance was the 75% yes vote and that was announced long before the original date we were told it would be made public. The final figure, whilst being of academic interest, is fairly irrelevant. Tomorrow is an opportunity to welcome our new owners in front of the vast majority of fans who aren’t Legacy members. I see nothing wrong with that.

• I hope you're voting for Lord Buckethead

• @glasshalffull except Trevor Shroud made quite a point, when revealing that the 75% threshold had been reached, that it did matter that everyone voted as it would demonstrate the size of the mandate that RC had. You can't really argue that the final figure is fairly irrelevant.
    It's a PR mistake to not inform the Trust members of the final outcome of the Legacy members vote prior to the public announcement and I hope the Trust send out that email soon.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Uncle T, the only figure of importance was the 75% yes vote and that was announced long before the original date we were told it would be made public. The final figure, whilst being of academic interest, is fairly irrelevant. Tomorrow is an opportunity to welcome our new owners in front of the vast majority of fans who aren’t Legacy members. I see nothing wrong with that.

I see nothing wrong in introducing Rob to the 30% of the attendance who will be in the ground at 2.45
    What is wrong is the contempt of the Trust to the Legacy members in giving the final vote count.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Username said:
    The problem is, you can't s send out an email to the members AND have the big PR stunt Saturday. If the email is sent out today, it would be all over various social media platforms 1 minute later, killing the "big reveal".

We know the only bit of any importance already, what difference does 3 /4 days make? If he got 75% or 100%, nothing changes.

Why not? As you say we already know the result in its simplest terms and the club can do the pre game stuff based on that. That is about Rob and his chance to address us.
    The actual numbers for and against are important to some and are unlikely to even be heard from our poor tannoy system. That should have been available to Legacy members when confirmed.

I think the PR benefit of making it an event would outweigh the handful of people who are impatient and rate their own self importance high enough to get annoyed over not being told an academic figure for 4 days.

• More importantly, will we told the number of non-legacy members who were given a vote?

• I agree with Username. Posting words like ‘contempt’ is an exaggeration of a harmless exercise in introducing the new owners to a wider audience. It seems that the Trust board can do nothing right in the eyes of some people.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I agree with Username. Posting words like ‘contempt’ is an exaggeration of a harmless exercise in introducing the new owners to a wider audience. It seems that the Trust board can do nothing right in the eyes of some people.

You keep ignoring the point. The new ownership is known and I have no problem with the on the pitch introduction. Some people might shy away from it but it seems an important thing for Rob Couhig. I actually think this type of thing will be vital going forward as an unloved Rob Couhig is a different beast.

My point is the Trust should give the members who voted the result when it is available. It is just good manners and was promised. The Trust communication was good during the voting period but I guess the phrase 'players only love you when they're playing' is true in this instance. We not that important anymore. It's a simple point and isn't actually that big an issue but it should be done.

Finally it's interesting how you gave turned a simple difference of opinion in to a right or wrong debate. Open mind maybe?

• Actually @Right_in_the_Middle it was someone mentioned the word "entitled", surely then it became a wrong or right debate, not an opinion?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Actually @Right_in_the_Middle it was someone mentioned the word "entitled", surely then it became a wrong or right debate, not an opinion?

Quite. It's the tone of the comments that has grated a little. The "I'll be glad to hear the vote count and would have liked to hear it a bit sooner" bit is fine. The "As a legacy member, I am entitled.." bit is less appealing.

• It's been announced

• Legacy members have just received an email with a breakdown of the vote. Not sure if everyone wants to know now? Impressively high turnout, though.

• I have to say that I do not feel I have been treated with contempt. Not in the slightest.
    To be honest, I don’t recall any undertaking by the Trust to inform me. I expect the 75% was exceeded by a considerable margin.

I am surprised to hear that 70% of our supporters don’t take to their seats or steps until after 2.45. I admit I don’t but then it takes me longer than most to stop gasbagging and finish my pint. [or I’ve been whisked off to Wycombe General.]

• Don't take it as a fact, @micra - this "70%" figure was just something completely made up by a ranting RITM. It's not a Tuesday night game...

• I would hope that the recent email sent to Legacy members has satisfied any doubters.

• Seems a long time ago when common consensus on here was that it would be nigh on impossible to reach the 75% threshold required.

I could never quite understand that myself

• Well, no-one can moan about apathy and a low turn out. Although I cannot see why the result was not confidentially hand delivered to myself or my butler within seconds of the poll closing. This IS the 21st Century you know.

• @eric_plant said:
    Seems a long time ago when common consensus on here was that it would be nigh on impossible to reach the 75% threshold required.

I thought it was an absolute impossible barrier to get over. Shows how well the Couhigs managed the campaign. Happy to be wrong on this occasion.

• Absolutely stunning stats @glasshalffull.

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Don't take it as a fact, @micra - this "70%" figure was just something completely made up by a ranting RITM. It's not a Tuesday night game...

70% is a guess but an observation based on being in the ground and witnessing how the addition of the Village has led to people entering the stadium later. There haven't been that many in the ground at 2.45 in recent weeks, including the Sunderland match.

Don't disregard purely because you are one of the '70%' (ish)

• @Right_in_the_Middle did rather go off on one @LeedsBlue !

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@eric_plant said:
    Seems a long time ago when common consensus on here was that it would be nigh on impossible to reach the 75% threshold required.

I thought it was an absolute impossible barrier to get over. Shows how well the Couhigs managed the campaign. Happy to be wrong on this occasion.

As there was no-one around me who a) seems to read or post on here or b) was going to vote no...I suspected they would reach the 75%...but not to that extent. Shows the extreme power of the Gasroom to lead and influence the debate :wink:

• I will definitely try to be in my seat by 2.45pm

• 871 votes for, 21 against, 25 no-votes, 94.98% in favour of the takeover. 97.65% turnout.

• Out of interest what were the numbers (or is it embargoed until tomorrow)

• So what are we going to do with the 25 non voters then? Round them up on the pitch at 2:45 and confiscate their season tickets?