Skip to content

Three hours left to vote

Comments

• Seems odd they've suddenly now revealed it! Thought the whole point was a big hooray on the pitch tomorrow!

Those 25 who didn't bother voting...got to ask some questions there

• I'm on the phone to Vladimir now apparently for a price he can tell us where they all live and how they are going to vote in the election...

• @Last_Quarter said:
    So what are we going to do with the 25 non voters then? Round them up on the pitch at 2:45 and confiscate their season tickets?

Before the vote I thought non voters would be much higher so 25 is amazing. I also thougt some sort of loss of future voting rights should be considered for those.

Now two mitgating factors have softened my view. The early calling for the result is a reason for not voting. Also I'm not convinced the current list can be fully up to date. Great work from the Trust to get it to it's current state though.

• Perhaps the non voters could form a defensive wall for Bayo to fire free kicks at them? Or just look at them menacingly?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Last_Quarter said:
    So what are we going to do with the 25 non voters then? Round them up on the pitch at 2:45 and confiscate their season tickets?

Before the vote I thought non voters would be much higher so 25 is amazing. I also thougt some sort of loss of future voting rights should be considered for those.

Now two mitgating factors have softened my view. The early calling for the result is a reason for not voting. Also I'm not convinced the current list can be fully up to date. Great work from the Trust to get it to it's current state though.

25 is a pretty impressively low number for me.

Nonsense about revoking their membership though, if I was minded to vote No, but didn't have a strong opinion, I could easily have seen myself "not voting".

Would hazard a guess that a few of the 25 just didn't know they were members

• I admire people who voted no in the face of the charm offensive and club campaign to be honest. I'm assuming two were carrots and Marlow but the rest can't ALL be angry Gasroomers !

• Statistically you would expect somewhere between 10 and 20 legacy members to have died between renewing their ticket and the date of the vote. Doesn't seem to unreasonable for them at least not to have voted. We could dig them up or burn down their families houses to teach them a lesson though.

Remarkably high figures for both turnout and yes IMHO. I put my hand up and confess I wasn't convinced we would get the 75% of all members threshold. Pleased we did.

• Given the efforts the Trust went to to make sure members knew they were members, and given that legacy members are, by definition, some of the most active supporters, I'd guess most of those no-shows were people who saw the result was already done and simply thought there was no point voting.

Either that or they're all tucked away in a retirement home in Maidenhead and Nurse Ratched hides their post.

• @DevC
    "I put my hand up and confess I wasn't convinced we would get the 75% of all members threshold. Pleased we did."
    I see your using the word we, very liberaly again Mr DevC

• Liberally has three "l"s, Chas. Thanks as ever though for your fascinating contribution to the discussion.

• As a regular Gasroom poster, I hope I am notified of the next witty @Wendoverman comment before it is publicly revealed.

• Have the Wanderers become We since Watford hit bottom spot? Will they become they again, if the Hornets climb our the relegation zone ?

• Statistically you would expect somewhere between 10 and 20 legacy members to have died between renewing their ticket and the date of the vote.

Devon sounds like a very dangerous place. Statistically, and using conventional maths, you'd expect 2 people to have died.

• @drcongo said:

Statistically you would expect somewhere between 10 and 20 legacy members to have died between renewing their ticket and the date of the vote.

Devon sounds like a very dangerous place. Statistically, and using conventional maths, you'd expect 2 people to have died.

The stress of deciding which way to vote may have brought on a premature death or two!

• @Shev said:
    As a regular Gasroom poster, I hope I am notified of the next witty @Wendoverman comment before it is publicly revealed.

They take hours to craft but I'll run the next one past you for consideration first next time @Shev :smiley:

• @drcongo said:

Statistically you would expect somewhere between 10 and 20 legacy members to have died between renewing their ticket and the date of the vote.

Really? My calculation is

Number of voters c. 900

Season ticket renewal commenced in Feb 2019 with incentives, so average time between renewal and vote around four months

Legacy season ticket holders on average relatively advanced in years, so average life expectancy say 20 years

expected number of deaths 900*4/12/20 = 15

Which is why I said between 10 and 20.

How may I ask do you calculate 2.

• 'fkin 'ell..how did we get onto how many season ticket holders have possibly died???
    The important thing is...did their widows vote illegally?
    While pissed as a fart.

• National death rate of 10.4 per 1000 per year, divided by 4 for average 3 months since renewal against 900 members = 2.34

• edited November 2019

@drcongo said:
    National death rate of 10.4 per 1000 per year, divided by 4 for average 3 months since renewal against 900 members = 2.34

That's what I got from overall national figures available.

Haven't worked out how to factor in the average age of the group though. Looking round the room on trust night, I'd estimate the average age in the room to have been approximately death, which makes 25 non voters seem pretty low

• edited November 2019

Apparently, men between 55 and 64 (at a guess of the average age of our legacy members) have 1 in 112 chance of dying in the next year. That would give us a 1 in 336 chance over four months, which for 900 members works out at 2.6785714286 deaths. Still not quite as dangerous as Devon.

Edit: Here's the source: http://www.bandolier.org.uk/booth/Risk/dyingage.html

• We should have widened the franchise to 16 year olds and foreign nationals.

• @Wendoverman said:
    'fkin 'ell..how did we get onto how many season ticket holders have possibly died???
    The important thing is...did their widows vote illegally?
    While pissed as a fart.

Also, we’re those widows eating crisps, chips or cheetos?

• Can't we just knock on Legacy Member doors and ask if they have died recently? Surely the easiest solution.

• @drcongo said:
    Apparently, men between 55 and 64 (at a guess of the average age of our legacy members) have 1 in 112 chance of dying in the next year. That would give us a 1 in 336 chance over four months, which for 900 members works out at 2.6785714286 deaths. Still not quite as dangerous as Devon.

Edit: Here's the source: http://www.bandolier.org.uk/booth/Risk/dyingage.html

@drcongo I have checked out your source and I think you are right and I was wrong (and more than a little reassured on a personal basis). Now that's a sentence you rarely hear on social media these days. I see I have a 70% chance of having the option of contributing to this forum for at least another twenty years...............

• @drcongo said:
    National death rate of 10.4 per 1000 per year, divided by 4 for average 3 months since renewal against 900 members = 2.34

Lets spare a moment for the member that died by .34

• edited November 2019

@BuckinghamBlue said:

@drcongo said:

Lets spare a moment for the member that died by .34

And wonder would from the neck up or from the waist down be preferable?

• Chances of a thread being totally derailed by @DevC

100.34%

• Chance of @DevC's death occurring in the Wycombe district 0.00% .

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Chances of a thread being totally derailed by @DevC

100.34%

I'm just a bit annoyed, Mr Middle, that God hasn't emailed me with the date and time of my impending death as soon as he determined when it would be.