Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Just watched Mat Harold (Man of the Match!!) score against Dan Scarr. Both seem to have found their level (mid table div 2 obscurity).

• Benyon played well when he came on and opened up the game for Oxford. But for some heroics from the Dartford keeper he’d have earned them an equaliser.

The game was played in quite a good spirit, devoid of the cynicism of the pro game.

An enjoyable afternoon.

• Dave Winfield scored yesterday, assisted by Billy Knott. Nick Arnold also played in the game.

Josh Umerah also scored in his game yesterday.

• Interesting @Gary if a little short on details! In the sense of “where are they now?”

• Haha it was a rather lazy effort on my part. I should have at least summarised that they all ply their trade in the Conference these days.

• I’m the lazy one. Still haven’t checked their whereabouts.

• Winfield and Knott playing in the 'hood of Essexwanderer at Chelmsford City

• Must make you want to scratch your head @EssexWanderer.

• Iffy Onoura (for those lucky enough to remember his brief stint in a Wanderers shirt) was on BBC Breakfast this morning talking about events in Bulgaria. Spoke very well I thought.

• Stewart Castledine’s son Leo called up to England U15 squad.
    Do I win prize for most obscure fact of the week......

• Yes,its edible and you've got to collect it from Adam's park.
    It may be a plate of penicillin by the time you arrive.

• Give that man a Beyond Meat Burger.

• Joel Grant scores for Plymouth.

• Eze scores a pen for QPR at Hull.

• @robin said:
    Eze scores a pen for QPR at Hull.

And he's scored another pen.

• Onien plays on the losing side for a team far too big for league 1...

• Max K scores late pen to equalise for Woking against Ebbsfleet in the Cup.

• Randell Williams puts Exeter 3 up against our chums from Plymouth.

• Scott Rendell equalises for Eastleigh against Woking in the 8th minute of stoppage time!

• @Gary said:
    Scott Rendell equalises for Eastleigh against Woking in the 8th minute of stoppage time!

Just seen, Woking themselves had taken the lead in 90+5!

• Gozie Ugwu with a 90th minute penalty to put Ebsfleet 3-2 up at Sutton.

• Gozie Ogwu just got third for ebbsfleet

• Caught a glimpse of Marlon Pack playing for Cardiff earlier. Hard to believe it is ten years since he was, fairly briefly, with us.
    I recall him subsequently playing against us for Bristol City and, more recently, for Cheltenham. Always thought of him as a fairly “stocky” combative midfielder. Certainly not 6’2” as the ever-dependable Wikipedia has him.

• Sergio Torres is in temporary charge at Eastbourne, as player / coach.

• Henry Newcombe has signed a contract with Folkestone Invicta, until end of season Henry tweeted.

http://www.folkestoneinvictafc.co.uk/news/2796

• 40 year old Dannie Bulman scores for Crawley vs Colchester tonight

• Ugwu scores again for Ebbsfleet.

• @Uncle_T said:
    Ugwu scores again for Ebbsfleet.

Twice.

• Has anyone else realised we are likely to see Aaron Pierre on Saturday? Will look forward to that.