Skip to content

Euro 2024

Comments

• Eze is not a wing back

• I don’t like Toney (in a panto way). He has a snarling swagger. He’s arrogant. And that is what we have missed. I fear if he’s around these players and manager for too long he will lose that.

• Don't bet on it.

• edited June 30

@Manboobs Probably, given he struggled to work out where he was meant to be playing

The subs seem to have seen a change to 3-5-2 with Eze & Saka as wing backs (not that either is & they are a little wasted in those roles), a midfield of Rice, Bellingham & Palmer, with Kane & Toney up top. It seems to be working for now as the midfield 3 look like they know their jobs & positions.

• I remember his last game against us and he was hooked on about 60 minutes we handled him so well.

• Who is Konsa?

• Villa left sided CB - now playing at LB for England...

• Yeah scored a hat trick for Brentford when they beat us 7-2 in the championship. Don’t think we’ve played him since

• Norbert is an A+ name

• Norbert the Narc. One for the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers fans out there.

• Cannot see this lot beating Switzerland

• If we can play that badly and not lose it’s definitely coming home.

• Worst team to win the Euros looking nailed on.

• Have to hope the starting eleven and attitude are very different, they will need to be.

• edited June 30

We have been watching Greece 2004 videos for "inspiration".

This is the absolute best thing that could have happened to England, though, to give a sense of destiny.

Mind you, Platt's late goal ended up meaning next to nothing, so who knows.

• Thank goodness for that. Still in, forget this one and hope there's a rethink next time out.

• Well we can come from behind and win. I assume we’ll start the next game with the same 11 we began with and have to suffer that all over again.

Or we could drop Foden and Kane.

• Palmer, Eze and Toney all looked good as subs.

Mainoo and Guehi were good all the way through - shame Guehi misses the QF. Hopefully he and Toney get appropriate credit for those headed assists.

• From now on England are likely to have more open games with less low blocks to try and pick through. Switzerland will be a fascinating contest.

• I nodded off after about 88 minutes, did anything exciting happen after that?

• Georgian anthem starts like the MGM logo.

• That was dismal through the 120 mins. Hanging on with 10 behind the ball for the whole of extra time when Slovakia heads were down just sums up a team which seems to have lost its way. For a few years now England have been a likable team. Hard to feel that way about them this time.

• Let's hope the Spain v Georgia game is more interesting

• Georgia win and Lommy gives every season ticket holder 10 grand as a gift.

A girl can dream...

• I'd love to see Rice, Mainoo, Bellingham, Eze, Palmer and Toney. Never going to happen, but it would be fun!

• The words of every England fan after every England match.

Spoiler alert: there never is.

• Come on Georgia!

• edited June 30

We're Fucked.

"More from Jude Bellingham to ITV: "I think the performance was really good until their goal and even after. We had massive control of the game, always threatening in the final third, maybe just lacking the final touch to create big chances. It's going to be important for us going forward, definitely."

Really Jude?

He also said:

"On the result: "A good win, through to the next round. Very happy. It's been tough the last week or so to keep the negative energy out of the camp. I think today they will have been ready for us. We showed the character that England's missed. It's very important to get through."

I think they need to let some of that negative energy into the camp. They are clearly under the impression this has been ok, or at least acceptable.

It's been abject. Abhorrent, Awful, Abominable, abysmal, Atrocious. And that's just the words starting with A I can think of.

• If Lommy spends a tenth on us as he's spending on this then WE ARE GOING UP