Skip to content

Local Teams Football

1111213141517»

Comments

• If you fancy a second game after WW v Peterborough United on Saturday (& you're quick getting away) there's always Penn & Tylers Green v Bedfont Sports in the FA Vase or Holmer Green v Hillingdon Borough in the Combined Counties League. Both Marlow & Flackwell Heath are playing away (Marlow have to go all the way to Merthyr Tydfil).

• Penn's first time in the First Round of the Vase, good luck to them. Only a fiver admission (£3 OAP, U18 free) so a cheap second game to go to (might be a pain to park mind).

• Thanks for mentioning this, had missed it being another early one

• Planning on Penn tomorrow after the Wycombe game, getting dropped off fingers crossed.

Then, if anyone fancies some Sunday football, Burnham v Eastbourne United in the FA Vase.

Tuesday, Holmer Green v Windsor in the Combined Counties D1.

Wednesday, ticket prices reduced to £5 for Wealdstone v Braintree in the National League. Hosts feature Max Kretzchmar and Craig Eastmond. You can pay on the day too.

Friday, I believe Windsor have a home game at Beaconsfield, got games Sat, Sun, Tue, Weds, so I'll decide later on that one.

• Chesham draw 1-1 at Weymouth

• In their first ever game in the FA Vase, Penn & Tylers Green lost 2-0 at home to Bedfont Sports.

Meanwhile Holmer Green & Hillingdon Borough fought out a 2-2 draw at Watchet Lane.

Flackwell Heath's Southern League match at AFC Dunstable fell foul of the weather, as did Aylesbury United's home game. In the Southern League Premier South Marlow lost out 2-1 to an injury-time goal at Merthyr Tydfil while Beaconsfield Town went down by the same scoreline at home to Northwood. Thame United defeated Ware 4-0.

Not a particularly good day for local sides following WW's brilliant win over the Posh at lunchtime.

• edited October 20

I went to Penn & Tylers Green yesterday, and arrived twenty minutes in following the Wycombe game. You could tell Befont were a league above but Penn were right in it until the last minute goal.

Then, today, a hard-fought 0-0 between Burnham and Eastbourne Borough was decided on penalties. It was not a terrible game, but both teams spent too much energy complaining about refereeing decisions for my liking. Burnham won the penalty shootout 5-3.

https://x.com/RussWWFC/status/1848025455628050938