Skip to content

Local Teams Football

Comments

• Huge for Maidenhead and must be a huge relief that the deal has gone through.

Imagine it being rumoured for years and the player eventually went for buttons or for free when out of contract!

• When Arsenal triggered Suarez's release fee Liverpool said it wasn't legally binding.

So you have to wonder sometimes.

• With lawyers able to interpret the English language pretty much anyway they want I would imagine that pretty much everyone looks for the easy way out as long as they get something…

6 years seems a long time to me for a sell-on clause to remain active, given the number of new contracts the player must have signed since, but I guess that must be normal.

• Imagine if you could get out of a contractual arrangement with another club by that player signing a new deal!

Would make any sell ons utterly meaningless.

• Yes, the relevant contract is the one between Maidenhead and Wolves, but Maidenhead can't control the size of the transfer fee they are getting their percentage from.

• Flackwell friendly tonight against Maidenhead off due to rain. Seems crazy to have to call off a game in July due to adverse weather!

• Flackwell Health's pitch does like to hold onto its drink and if you ruin your pitch now, you are screwed for the rest of the year!

• Amersham Town v Slough Town went ahead, but not before the Slough chairman drove over Amersham's card machine. Carelessness from the gateman leaving it on the floor I think.

Slough Town, fielded a strong side including ex-Wycombe keeper Charlie Horlock and won 5-1. The pitch looked very decent.

• Winslow United 1-3 Longlevens, FA Cup EPR Replay.

The Gloucester Hellenic Premier side scored a late equaliser on Saturday. In the replay tonight, Winslow had the better of the first half with numerous good chances, including hitting the post. They dominated after the break, Aaron King hitting the woodwork twice before opening the scoring on 65'.

https://x.com/StevePeart_/status/1820918105112989747?t=Gw1UaqneXB0VaSZND8YGQQ&s=19

Winslow continued to waste chances and paid for it, conceding a wonderful dipping volley from distance, to take it into extra time. Levens scored in the opening minute, and again at the start of the second period of extra time, to seal the win, to the delight of about 30 travelling fans in a crowd of 200.

Winslow have had a good start to their first Spartan Premier campaign, winning the opening two games to be equal top with MK Irish.

• edited August 7

Local clubs FA Cup results:

Ascot United 1 - 0 Milton United

Binfield 3 - 1 Wokingham Town

Burnham 3 - 3 Corsham Town ( Corsham Town won 2-0 at the Replay)

Flackwell Heath 0 - 1 Aylesbury Vale Dynamos

Hartpury University 2 - 0 Risborough Rangers

Oldland Abbotonians 2 - 4 Amersham Town (Tabor scored 2 in that game)

Thame United 3 - 0 Aylesbury United

Tring Athletic 1 - 1 Barking (Barking won 1-0 at the Replay)

In the next round

Amersham vs Clevedon Town

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos vs Corsham Town

Little Oakley vs Berkhamsted

Longlevens vs Binfield

Thame United vs Beaconsfield Town

Virginia Water vs Ascot Utd

• Will give a 'round the leagues' update once we're a few weeks into the new season but keep the updates coming. I really enjoyed this thread last term. Be interesting to see how Chesham, Amersham and Flackwell fare in higher leagues and whether Beaconsfield and Chalfont can bounce back from respective relegations.

• Chesham are a surprisingly low price to win their league - 16/1

Not sure whether that reflects their genuine prospects or more indicative of traders not researching a small market very much

• Nice one mate i hope you can post my home team Burnham results as i live in Somerset these days as their website is crap.

• It's a bit extreme to move to Somerset because a website is crap @robin.

• ’X’ if you can handle it is probably the best for updates but I’ll keep an eye out. Never been to Burnham’s ground but it looks a good facility for the level. I remember they had a tidy side around 10-12 years ago and went up to the Southern Prem (briefly) IIRC.

• For those people not going to Wrexham you may be interested in a significant local match on Saturday 10th August. Having been promoted to the Southern League, Flackwell Heath play their first match in this competition at home to Hertford Town, kick-off 3pm. Hopefully you can watch this match & get back in time to see Wrexham v Wycombe on Sky channel 412.

• Flackwell at home to Dunstable, not Hertford?

As said, if you can make a local 3pm and get back in time for our lot, then here’s a few. In no particular order:

Flackwell v AFC Dunstable

Chalfont v Westside

Windsor & Eton v PFC Victoria

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Potton United

Amersham Town v Wokingham Town

• Only just really caught up and had a look at the non league tables for this season.

Obviously knew Chesham were in the National South. But the southern league Central, with Aylesbury, Beaconsfield, Thame and Flackwell Heath looks a great division ! To think that Flackwell are basically only 2 promotions away from being National South is an incredible effort !

• Epic game at Wilkes Park.

The Heathens run out 6-0 winners in their first game in the Southern League after promotion.

• Jake Tabor scored 2 in Amersham's 4-0 win in their first league game of the season after promotion to Step 5. Scored another 2 last week in the FA Cup, so already well on the way to chasing down last season's total. Good draws for both Chesham and Marlow in their new leagues after promotion too.

• I haven’t watched them but you wonder how much Amersham are a one man team. Was well documented that the club hierarchy and player wouldn’t consider an offer from a team 1-2 leagues above for the sake of it so they must think Tabor is NLS/NL at least. One of those local names who could happily go on and have a very good non league career or progress to the EFL to cue mass ‘wHy DiDnT wE sIgN hIm?” hysteria.

Great wins for Flackwell and Amersham in their new leagues.

• So after the latest round of fixtures in the FA Cup this weekend, here are the local team's results:

Amersham 4 - 1 Clevedon Town

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 3-2 Corsham Town

Basildon United 1-0 Kings Langley

Leighton Town 2-3 Waltham Abbey

Leverstock Green 1-1 Heybridge Swifts

Longlevens 1-9 Binfield

Thame United 5-0 Beaconsfield Town

Virginia Water 2-1 Ascot United

• Looking good for North Bucks in the Spartan Premier! No surprise to see MK Irish on 100% but Winslow's start is amazing, in their first season at step 5.

• Recommend he "Football Web Pages" app for following any lower league football. Know at Marlow level it gives live notifications of goals (within seconds of them going in) as well as live league tables and full fixture lists.

• I notice that Nathan Minhas got the two Chesham goals in their away game against St Albans yesterday. Minhas played at Beaconsfield for a few seasons before moving onto Slough last season.

I have always liked Minhas and he certainly knows where the net is.

• Just got in from an enjoyable and hard fought derby win (2-0) for Holmer Green at Penn and Tylers Green. The visitors triumphed thanks to a brace from the lively Jeffrey Fordjour and much cajoling from their pugnacious manager (well known in these parts), Keith Scott. Fiver entry, lovely burger and drinks prices from 2015. No wonder non league attendances are up. A crowd of 157 were treated to a good evening’s entertainment. Up the Greens.

• Flackwell Heath fell to their first defeat of the season this evening, losing 1-0 to Aylesbury United in front of 172 spectators at the Meadow, Chesham.

• Penn is a really well run club. Shame they lost to the old enemy though.

• Penn is closest to me, a leisurely 20min walk or so. And is indeed a great club with active social facilities. Likewise, the same can be said for Holmer Green, and their planned 3G training pitch should help them and the community immeasurably. As my son plays for Holmer (albeit he's very young!) my allegiances lie with the 'old enemy' but I wish both sides well. Step 5 should be their realistic and achievable ambition in the short-term.

• I only call them the old enemy as I used to play for and manage Penn. Great times.