Skip to content

Rumour Mill

Comments

• Would be surprised to see Wing go there, as his want seemed to be "back up north".

And Gape going up a division would seem incredible after his last couple of years.

• Not sure signing ex Wycombe players is going to improve Ainsworth standing with the fans. It could all turn very nasty , very quickly if they have a bad start.

• He's probably used to things getting a bit nasty with the fans after a bad start @davecz or even during a reasonably successful season in some cases.

• Gape rumour feels like an agent trying to drum up some noise for a player off most managers radar. League Two at best to rebuild I would imagine.

• It is definitely GA's MO to sign players who have played for him before. I posted on another thread about how Wycombe have brought back at least one ex-player for ten straight years! Can GA break the habit? Can we?

• Now if Mawson had stayed fit I could have seen him moving to QPR (although we’d probably have been promoted so maybe not.)

• Dom Gape is not a Championship player

• (yes, I know he played there with us)

• I think GA's MO will have to change now he is at his dream club at a higher level. Can anyone think of an ex- player that they might go for? Surely, most of the players who have played for him before are either too old or too injury prone or more suited to lower leagues. Scowen and Ingram have both done QPR haven't they and I doubt Eze wants to go back. O'Nien plays everywhere at Sunderland. Pierre will want to know about local Tesco availability and Eze might be out of QPR's price range. This will be the real test of Gaz and Dobbo...can they identify and obtain players of the level required to get QPR up, as successfully as the way they played the market in the lower leagues. Interesting (and/or frightening) times.

• Wrexham after Gape supposedly - can see that being a good move for him

• That really would be! On the ascendency and he would provide valuable experience. Whatever happens, I hope he lands somewhere beneficial to his career.

• I think your other comment was probably spot on as far as ex-player probability...Lewis Wing. @Malone makes a good point about Lewis probably preferring a move up north, but he would still be the most likely (even if unlikely).

My other thought would be Fred, as from what I have read, Luton fans don't expect to keep him in the PL.

Long shot would be a cheeky move to try and prise David Wheeler away from us.

• edited June 2023

From an embarrassing ITK on the QPR Forum. I think we can all agree that being given 750K for a player not contracted to us would be good business! 🤣 Thankfully others on the forum pointed out the lapse in logic, to the protest "only passing on what I heard." If QPR are in the habit of paying fees for free agents, no wonder FFP is an issue!

2 incoming deals done

Today, 12:49 PM

just awaiting the official announcement that could be as early as tomorrow or by the latest next Monday

Lewis WIng free transfer

Dominic Gape Wycombe Wanderers undisclosed amount (fee believed to be 750k)

both midfielders of some description from Wycome although wing will officially be a free agent

like i said both done deals

more to follow

Ainsworth talking to a right back and a centre forward also

• I apologise to the person or the former or present player I offended with my above post...I thought it was a fairly harmless observation.

• It was probably Eze upset that you assumed he would rather go to a big six club than back to QPR! Or maybe Taffs at not getting a mention as being Champo worthy - we now know he reads the forum! (Good afternoon Taffs - enjoy the gym later).

• It’s time we signed Fred again isn’t it? Untidy offices notwithstanding.

• It's been far too long since we've signed either Fred or Jason McCarthy

• Anyone know any decent prospects at our feeder club Millwall?

• Now Gaz has gone I wonder if the multiple re-signings of players will be a thing of the past.

You'd imagine from Bloomfield changing the style that'd he want to go for "his" sort of players too.

Trying to keep the "positive hat" on, but that comment from Couhig the other day about how Bloomfield had done an "incredible" (or some other grandiose word) job so far made me wonder what word he'd have instead used if we'd say, won 2 games in a row, or won on a Saturday just once!

• Have we taken on Man City's style of doing things?

(allegedly)

• There's something very rewarding about someone like you making such a cynical comment 😂

• @Malone - it would not surprise me if things did change with Blooms, as basically any ex-player would have been a teammate with him at some point, so creating the manager-player divide would be easier with new faces (as has been said on here before).

I do wonder if Gaz will carry it on, though - it may seem simplistic, but if he carried on the Haka, surely getting a Lewis Wing in is not so far fetched!

The one I just thought of which would be fascinating to see at QPR is one Uche Ikpeazu. Very unlikely, but it would be fun!

• edited June 2023

He could try and recreate the team that almost kept us up!

Reunite the "Revs 2", Taf & Stewart, Get Ichy back in. Fred, that slightly angry defender who went to Peterborough (whose name I forget) and Adeniran.

Whether QPR fans would appreciate such signings I don't know..

• It would be an interesting experiment! The fact that it only sounds slightly unrealistic is amusing. I would be quite surprised if GA did not go for at least one old soldier, especially as he needs to change that culture very quickly.

• @Malone Would that be Knight you were thinking of?

• Stevenage have made some good signings. Thought Nathan Thompson looked handy against us for Cheaterboro at Adams Park last season.

• I wonder where they are moving it too this time? There can't be many places left!

• I can't imagine the Couhigs would be keen to go near Fred again. They were verrrrryyyy annoyed with how he left, hence the blunt exit statement.