Skip to content

Match day thread: Cheltenham

Comments

• @micra - they are starting to file in, but being on 'Gasroom co-comms' with a gentleman such as yourself is an honor!

@HolmerBlue - yes, we really look like we have forgotten how to manufacture goals and even chances the last couple of games.

• Signs of disgruntlement. Arguably understandably.

• Surely now is the time to start seeing what we have in Christie Ward? It seems an absolute waste to leave him on the bench when nothing is being created.

• Awful so far, no energy whatsoever and we're being dominated by a side who aren't having to do much.

• How about a woeful challenge giving a pen away instead?

• Playing a young keeper rather than throwing Ward in does seem curious.

• Oh dear. Cannot fault selection. Lots of possession and passing with no goal threat. I'm confused is this the pure football we've been dreaming of?

• Can I also say, not that the new lad has done anything wrong, but what a dreadful decision to leave Max out for this game ! He's a fan favourite, a lot of people's player of the year, he's actually our player as he's signed on, last home game of the season.... play him !!

If you want to give the other lad a go, do it next week away from home ! Poor man management in my opinion

• The feeing’s mutual !

A Spanish input would be novel.

• Its a bit of a nothing game all round, both sides are poor, neither have anything to play for & that is showing.

Our performance hasn't been helped by the changes, understandable lack of confidence in Cartwright leading to defenders falling over each other in their eagerness to defend, disjointed midfield & forwards getting piss poor service; hence zero attacking threat.

Hope Blooms can fire them up for the second half & remind them who they are playing for...

• We are playing pass, pass hoof to Vokes, no one making runs into space, just before the penalty, Hanlon got the ball with a lot of space to run into and he stands and waits

• We’ve replaced rock ‘n’ roll football with Spotify sleep sounds playlist football.

• Odd isn't it, looked like a line up of attacking players unleashed but all a bit subdued and people shoehorned in. GMac, Chem very quiet, Gape off the pace if we're being generous. JMac spamming long balls and crosses where people don't seem to want them, Forino very shaky too.

Dead game, bring some kids on.

• I think Booms’ switch to tracksuit suggests the half time motivational chat could be quite spirited. Not sure that makes much sense. I’m clutching at straws. Wind blown ones perhaps.

• Booms!!

• It's not true to say we have nothing to play for. This is the opportunity for MB to show us how attractive and free flowing we can be because there is nothing riding on the result ...

• Oddly I thought the defence was the best bit of the first half. Attacking players need to step up.

• @Shev if you do a Man of the match contest can you include the steward who was fast asleep in the terrace before the game even started please. Set the tone.

• Hanlan had an absolute shocker today.

• I didn't think we could put in a worse performance than we did away at Cheltenham. We're desperately trying to

• Fourth official loves the Cheltenham management team. They are having a right old laugh.

• A moment in just before May's goal, Taff literally stood there. In the middle of the box. Completely ball watching

• I’m with Blooms here, Saturday games are stupid and shouldn’t count.

• Campbell LWB is terrifying

• I'm somewhat concerned that even the level-headed fans on 'Wycombe Twitter' have become a bit rabid.

• Cheltenham seemed to have ten men.in our box...one bound to score at some point.

• I love Blooms and am fully prepared to ride out any downturn and wait for him to get his ideas across, however he's certainly shown a different type of energy in interviews from GA. Must be a strange experience for the players in the training ground if it's similar there.

• Welcome to senior football, Christie