Skip to content

Price Increases

Comments

• Was reading the BFP and enjoyed the misquote of Rob C apparently saying how some prices "will almost have to rise".

They love missing words out or getting stuff wrong don't they in that paper?

@micra one for your locker.

• Rail strikes this past year means that my ST has worked out about £80 per game. Games like Derby well worth it. Games like Lincoln… less so.

• Think this point is missed, for most this reduction per game for committing to a ST covers games people are inevitably going to miss through work and other circumstances, it's not always a discount per game.

Games I can't make at present I tend to pay an additional tenner to watch from wherever I am but I can see how if I was to drop the season ticket altogether I could easily slide back to maybe 5 games a season.

It's really important to keep regulars happy (price and facilities) and work to gain newbies (price, advertising, gimmicks and accessibility) but at the same time you need to pay for facilities upgrades and players so can't keep everything cheap. Not an easy balance, maybe Rob needs to calm himself on the promises though. We're certainly spending more than we ever have but the much trumpeted experience is mixed at best and on the field results aren't in his control.

• There should be a carnet system with added bonus offers. So a ‘book’ of 15 entry’s for the price of 12 on the gate with a ‘free’ hot drink at any Tuesday game (when spending £10 at the concessions). ‘Flexible Fandom’ because as others have said most supporters can’t get to every game.

• Exactly this. If we are top 6 from the start and maybe engage the fan base with a good cup run then crowds will come. This time last year is a prime example as apposed to this year with nothing to play for

• At the Lincoln game last Saturday, I noticed the queue of fans filing through the turnstiles, were mainly the over-50 demographic, with many much older than that. There were very few younger people.

I can never understand why people who have always lived in Wycombe, would support the likes of Arsenal, Man City, Man U, Chelsea etc., when they have no particular connection or affiliation to those clubs. Personally, I couldn't give a flying foxtrot about what the overpaid prima donna crybabies who play for those teams get up to.

So the question is, how can WW attract more younger fans, in the 20-40 age bracket? Since most people I know of that age cannot bear to look away from their phones for more than 30 seconds, I guess better social media marketing is the answer, but don't ask me how, all that Faceache and Twitbook stuff is a torrent of drivel as far as I'm concerned.

• You have to applaud the effort that goes into this parody. Meticulous.

• I don’t know why you got two downvotes as you are factually correct on each point. I definitely fall into the over-50 demographic maybe even higher.

• I thought that we had got past this 'parody' nonsense, now that @drcongo has confirmed that my account is real and genuine.

It seems that some gasroomers just can't cope with the idea that some people don't share their views.

• Now now, he gave the exact ticket location he apparently sits in.

(Or has stitched some poor innocent random up, as they'll look at them and think "there's that guy with the horrible take on life")

• I'm in that stand every week, not sure it's quite as "old" as being made out. The rows round me are certainly "age diverse"

• Love the use of ‘meticulous’ @ReturnToSenda.

Does this fit as a suitably obscure nickname for ‘Mr Wycombe’ / Gaffer / Blooms?

”most definitely so” as he might well intone. PS my charity donations are racking up Mr Meticulous let’s change the tune in post match interviews!

@Shev as the nickname meister thoughts please, as there is nothing much else to talk about right now. Get GMac’s signature over the line and we can lock up for summer.

• I'm a bit worried that a "meticulous" approach has seen us only win about 3 in 12-15 games!

Imagine if it was less than meticulous!

• edited April 2023

Most definitely so @Malone. Meticulous always smacks of a kind way to say ‘uninspiring’.

• I try and largely avoid post match and pre match stuff these days.

Post match is always how the rival manager is doing a great job, has done a great job, or you have great respect for them.

(Even if it's an utter mediocrity of a manager who is a loathsome wretch).

Post match, if you've won you don't need anything from your manager, if you've lost it's just more pain on top.

• Wonder how many "Match worn" Pendlebury shirts they sold at £60.

Interesting idea of a clearance rail In the tent also, but nothing actually reduced. I just suspect they might think we're idiots

• edited April 2023

I love it, though currently my nickname for him (unfortunately) is Mr. Weeknight, for sadly obvious reasons.

• Had a season ticket for over 20 years but think I will pick and choose my matches next season. Probally do around 12 games I enjoy groundhopping so will be handy not having to commit to every home game. Last season I also had season ticket for Aylesbury Vale Dynamos which cost an incredable £30 and that also got you into youth games aswell.

• I did see that. I've been calling in at the club shop regularly as I fancied a gold shirt. But I'm not paying full price as we will never wear it again. Still remained at £47 the whole season though. JUst greedy and illogical.

Same goes for tickets. I've not been enjoying coming the past few months, so seriously considering giving up my season ticket and not doing every game for the first time since 1991/92. I enjoy groundhopping (visiting random grounds) as it's far less stressful. Plus the fact that work make me pick my holiday dates before the fixtures come out, so I can't work around Wycombe games

But while the ST prices are not bad, the matchday prices are shocking. I've asked about 12/15 game tickets on a number of occasions on social media, tagging the trust and the ticket office but not even the courtesy of a response. I'd have been happy to commit to that. But with matchday prices so high, in my mind, I will now go to fewer games as I don't want to get a bad deal when compared to ST.

• If you still wanted a gold shirt and wear a medium, I'd sell you mine for a sensible fee :)

• A shame price increases in the seated areas and paying more for the premium seats, isn’t countered by massively slashing prices to stand on some concrete with a poor view, particularly of the far end. The selling point of the terrace should be the atmosphere. Make it say a tenner to go in the terrace , ram it full of teens , young adults, sell them beer and burgers, hope they make a hell of a racket and let’s go.

• Bumped into a neighbour down the road earlier, goes with his lad. Both not renewing next season. That's about 5 I know. I expect the club will say that sales are going really well, but pretty sure they will be down on this season

• I'm sure RC said subscriptions are up, but I assume that means 'traditional' STs are down and people are going for the sub model so they can basically dip in and out.

• The article on the official website mentions we’ve already sold about 2000 season tickets for next season.

• Bless the loyal fans.

I always sign up, but sometimes like to at least wait for the current season to end!