Skip to content

Match day thread: Franchise

Comments

• To be fair, injuries and transfers have killed us. At one point this season we routinely played Mehmeti, GMac and Vokes together.

• Again nothing on the bench to change the game, TJay shouldn't if been subbed

• Poor second half. Could not understand the game plan today. Campbell very disappointing- never on the ball second half. Sloppy defending by Scowen and Wing - they need to be doing better. McCarthy on for Campbell when we need to score had me scratching my head - why on earth are Ward and Young on the bench if you are not going to use them.

• He did well to recover from his air shot, but that was his second air shot of the match. Not exactly Deadly McDeadly in front of goal.

• Was wining free kicks and causing the defence problems, Campbell should of gone of 1st had cramp after 60 mins

• We haven’t got the players available in attack to do anything really meaningful going forward.

Not helped by the bizarre sun either. Fuck knows how Campbell stayed on so long. Taking TJ off was absolutely insane.

• Poor. No intensity after their goal. Hanlan out of his depth. Campbell an excellent under 23 player, too lightweight at this level. Which left our attacking options non existent.

• Neither Hanlan or Tj really shone and It looks a bit like we want the two to add up to a Vokes , I think we are probably better off with just one of them and Freeman in midfield allowing Wing and Wheels to bomb on a bit more. Agree it's a shame we didn't see 5 or 10 mins of Ward at the end. Feels more like two points lost this week than last but people make mistakes and the squad isn't strong right now. Table still doesn't look awful and promotion remains an unlikely bonus surprisingly still in sight.

• As i said last week.... Hanlan and TJay isn't going to work

• Jeez, 4 pts dropped in a couple weeks. We need new manager. Mat, go learn your trade at Torquay or Scunthorpe.love ya, but come back later. As Danny Senda said, if only we had 11 scowens!

• Any update on the medical incident in the terrace?

• Apparently the medical teams/StJA got called to the terrace in the second half - there was a brief mention on the club's official twitter feed.

• There was about 20mins of animated scenes of police, ambulance and stewards around the incident. Bringing out flags or sheets to act as a bit of a barrier for privacy I assume.

• I thought it was a good game but gawd the worst start I've seen for ages and then a mad ten minutes after taking the lead. Wheels' good season continues but Hanlan leading the line isn't working his it? TJ was a nuisance and I agree that Freeman should have been on for Chem ...who is not setting Adams Park on fire is he? And TJ stays on. Willis on and make @micra 's day and put Big Chris up top for Hanlan last 20!

• edited April 2023

Disappointing result to say the least.

If only Wing had just booted that ball into touch.

While a few will point out we're only xx from position xx, in truth it'd take almost delusional positivity after that performance to think we're making the playoffs, battling 4 teams for 2 places and Ipswich away next up.

We're playing it around a bit more, but not making as many chances

Losing Mehmeti, Mawson and Ainsworth were colossal blows but Vokes and McCleary on top is too much.

Assuming neither are back soon ,maybe we should go Hanlan on the left and De Barr central. Otherwise Freeman should start with one of the above benched.

• Really? I thought some lad lobbed a coke in celebration of the goal but clearly there was more to it than that.

• edited April 2023

On another note, did anyone notice Dashwood Avenue was absolutely stacked with parked cars today?

It's single yellow until 6pm and normally empty. Yet today utterly stacked. Not sure if MK fans just thought they'd risk it or if something else was going on. But very unusual for a Saturday.

Walked back that way later and they'd all got away with it without a ticket...but not something I'd risk.

• I wish I had learnt that just thumbs down for people posting mindless cobblers is much better than engaging with them earlier.

• On here just put them on hide. Removes all temptation to get involved.

• Poor result. Decisions to let people go in January has back fired on us. Hanlon is not up to it, De Barr is an honest hard working lad but no where near the required standard and Campbell is young and has a lot to learn. Also some of Bloomfield decisions are slightly puzzling. Not a good day at the office.

• Wow when someone like @davecz has lost confidence in the manager (last one or new one) I know we're in trouble.😃

• Disappointing result, 2 goals should've been enough today. MK started well, but looked there for the taking once we got on top.

Agree that the forward line isn't working, but with Vokes and McCleary injured and players released/sold in January, that's the hand Bloomfield's been dealt. I don't think he can do much more at the moment and we have very limited options on the bench.

Despite the despondency, we're chipping away at the top 6 and to be only 2 points off shows we're still right in the mix. We do need players back though, without at least Vokes back soon, it's very likely we'll slip out of contention.

• Bolton must be celebrating today. What a set of results for them without playing!

Our big problem is that we could catch a Derby but then lose out to the two Ps.

Still, hope springs eternal and if we can just beat Ipswich away somehow ..

• Let's hope so.