Skip to content

Match day thread: Bristol Rovers

Comments

• Is anyone else really looking forward to Barton’s post match interview?

• Wonder what Barton's excuse is going to be after this & whether he still feels none of our players would make his squad if he could tempt them

• Whoever predicted 9-0 on their forum must be feeling a bit silly now.

• Tbf the ones that are watching and using our commentary are very complimentary about Phil ! @bluntphil

• At least Joey still has:

1) The Memorial Stadium

2) 11 players who would all get into the Wycombe starting line up without breaking a sweat

3) The unadulterated joy of knowing his side play ‘proper football’

On a more serious note, an excellent away display and much more ‘Fleetwood’ than it was ‘Burton’. Keep up this form and our destiny is well and truly in our own hands.

3 points off Bolton with a game in hand…

• edited March 2023

Get in. Justice done for calling the game off. Great result , hope Max gives it to there fans

• Second half was so impressive

• Cracking result, great team performance, good decisions by MB to change up tactically, oh & I will say it again a really good performance from the ref.

• Fantastic win! Backs against the wall, but in the end we could, and probably should, have won by even more. So proud of that!

Cheers Joey - your mind games have done nothing but confuse yourself.

• Good performance which gives Matt some new options for Saturday, especially if the players missing today are back in time. Potentially positive selection headaches looming.

• what a fantastic performance, well done boys and gaffer. a double over Barton...that is beautiful!

• You know what that Joey is really good at though? No, me neither.

Mattys already showing he can get wins his way with limited resources. Great show in the circumstances.

• It really is impressive to win that game given the players who aren’t available.

• hell yes - bring on the bitterness

"And to Bristol Rovers, the jury awards...nul points"

• The partnership between Tjay and Hanlan looks like it could go places, and is something very different to how the side operates when Vokes starts.

• Fantastic fantastic fantastic.

COME ON!

• So you lose some, you win some...who knew football was like that? Great result. Saturday important yet again. Love it!

• We now only need to go 6-2-2 for 80 points. Let's keep it up!

• That's a stunning result and performance! With the patched up team and bench we had tonight, I didn't really hold out much hope for us. In the end, we've won pretty comfortably and it could easily have been more.

Would be great to have a few back for Saturday, as that'll be a huge test for even our strongest XI. Really encouraging to see the likes of Tjay and Campbell making the most of their starts though.

• Enjoyed that! big few weeks ahead!

• Some season this!

What a game, what a club. Need to relish these times, they're never guaranteed to last

• edited March 2023

Final thoughts from the Bristol forum?

Like it or not Wycombe our clearly better than us, the table does not lie. They played well, no cheating etc etc, the ref had an excellent game. Only ourselves to blame I’m afraid, clearly lacking players of the quality of McCleary and Hanlan

oh....

• Al Hamadi strikes again

• What a result. The double over that little …. of a manager. Tremendous performance with so many players out. On a separate note, seen QPR fans tweeting Ainsworth out , out of his depth.

• Most satisfying win of the season. Perhaps we should send Barton a neck brace to help him look upwards towards us in the league table 😀

• A loan might have been the best option looking back but hindsight is 20/20. Given how the club spoke about his departure, we’ve either got a decent sell-on fee as part of the deal, or a buy-back clause.

• With all due respect to Matshazi, Al Hamadi would have been a stronger option on our bench. GA mentioned that we will be keeping tabs on him so I reckon there could be a buy back option.

• A Gormania performance. Some wonderful attacking football.

Night all

• Bristol Rovers' forum hitting the usual bingo points mostly (we are not very good - they beat themselves). What a satisfying win on so many levels!

I also forgot that this was the postponed game - even funnier.

• edited March 2023

So just the doubles over Peterborough, Oxford and Bristol Rovers with an overall aggregate score of 13-2 then.