Skip to content

Match day thread: Bristol Rovers

Comments

• What are they saying about us on their forum?

swines......idiots..... cheating bastards.......gonna be 9-0......anti-football......they have a special place in hell.....

They don't seem to like us.

• Could be a very tough night against a Rovers team who've found form just at the wrong time as far as we're concerned. Blooms hasn't had much luck in terms of player availability and we look horribly short tonight. Let's hope that the pace that we certainly do have in that side can cause some damage. COYB!

• Yes I saw him there . I however was dressed like Scott of the Antarctic.

• I am not in the "must win" gang (as I said earlier, I think we need to go 7-2-2 the rest of the way so that we can get to 80, then hope it is enough), but this does feel like a seminal game. I have a feeling we will all be on one end of the joy spectrum tonight, either lamenting injuries forcing us to sink back into midtable, or else wondering if De Barr is the third development player to really pop as we celebrate a win.

• Excited for the attack we have for sure. But bloody hell we are injury and sickness prone at the moment.

• That’s as makeshift a starting 11 and bench as we’ve had in a long time.

Anything tonight feels like a bonus now.

(Have the feeling De Barr may have an ‘interesting’*) night.

*tr his enthusiasm will get him the wrong side of the ref

• Bloomfield: You bring the crowns and heads of conquered teams to my squad's bench! You insult Gareth Ainsworth. You threaten my team with a loss and a mid-table finish. Oh, I've chosen my words carefully, Joey. Perhaps you should have done the same.

Barton: This is blasphemy! This is madness!

Bloomfield: Madness? This is Sparta!

• I remember when they celebrated after they thought they had sent us to the conference.

horse punching troglodytes

• Hopefully they will again be foiled by De Barr.

• Blooms can't catch a break with injuries at the moment, maybe we've used up all our luck, point above about height, if GMac is the only one who can head it well I hope we play to him when we do go long rather than over others heads.

The young lad on co-comms shows promise though.

• TJ doing his Rocky warm up - ominous

• Scary opening here.

• Been practicing our shooting I see... that one landed in Weston super Mare

• I’ve just spent 10 mins trying to buy the match on Wanderers tv but can’t get to the subscribe screen.

LiveScore updates it is then.

• Looks like Hanlan is actually in the 9 and De Barr in the 10?

• They are cutting through us pretty easy here so far

• Unsurprisingly (given the lineup / squad situation), the worst opening 10 mins all season.

• An absolute sieve! Thankfully we have been great at the last ditch clearances, but we can't keep this up.

• Sounds like Tjay is causing problems for Rovers though, hopefully he can turn that into chances for himself or a teammate.

• Attempted left foot cross from Chen !

• Chem even

• You beauty! MUSTARD!

• Get in Hanlan

Cracking finish

• Great work from De Barr there.

• Mustard! Yeah yeah yeah

• Happy days

• I'm taking credit for that

• De Barr is a serious player. Cracking finish from Brandon as well.

• Cracking work from De Barr to set it up, and what a finish!

• Lovely goal, but deeply disappointing to see him not celebrate