Skip to content

Match day thread: Exeter

Comments

• Lovely move up the right from us. Shame about the Vokes shot at the end.

• Forino and Wing utter class.

• We can count ourselves very lucky to be leading that, leaks all over the place

• How much of that is down to their formation vs ours?

• Strange half. We've been quite thoroughly outplayed for much of it, but at the same time, slightly frustrated we've not scored a 2nd, with McCleary and Vokes missing glorious chances.

We did improve at least as the half wore on.

• Think we will need a second goal as the random decision making of this referee will cost us at some point

• Important thing is getting that first win under Bloomfield. Can expect the confidence to return once they're off the mark.

• He's probably giving Exeter a free kick outside the changing rooms as we speak, because a Wycombe player spilled a cup of tea.

• Having the back 3 / 4 / 5 change so much recently wasn't something we could influence but it can't have helped. Big Chris is playing really well though and they did seem to have a bit of an reorganise between them. JJs pace isn't going to improve anytime soon.

They are pretty toothless so far luckily, thought we got better and had probably the better chances.

No idea what the ref is playing at.

• We could do with another body in the middle - they're outnumbering us with ease - shift into more of a 4-3-3 but still give Wheeler licence to get forward

• edited March 2023

I nearly shit myself every time I see JJ even close to the final third in open play without the ball

• Probably had been coming for 70 minutes that one. Far too much space all game

• We deserved that

• We look so disjointed.

• That was all painfully easy

• FFS that is crap

• “They want to try to win the game “. Yes, thanks Sir Matt

• Not a patch on Pattenden

• McCarthy spectating again for the goal.

• Brilliant by Vokes

• Great play from Vokes, deserved to trickle in rather than past the post

• Both teams wide open at the back

• Son-in-law and grandson at game. Enjoying it until the equaliser. They wouldn’t have a clue about the problems we’ve been having in central defence.

• edited March 2023

Based on the quality of the chances this should be 3-3.

• Mawson - Retired

Taf - Injured

Obita - Injured

Willis - Injured

No team at Lge1 level could cope with these injuries to four defensive starters

• edited March 2023

The numbers on our defensive performance make for pretty alarming reading. I'm hoping this is an anomaly and not a sign of Blooms' approach to defensive organisation. Yes, we've been decimated at the back, but look at what's going on in front.

• Very disappointing, a real curate's egg of a performance, looked very disjointed at the back & despite a better performance from Scowen we seemed to lack cover in front of the back 4.

The positive is we scored a really nicely worked goal & created a fair number of decent chances & managed not to lose.

• Scowen going off injured is a big worry

• edited March 2023

Feels like a missed opportunity today. Draws for both Barnsley and Bolton and the top 6 is starting to look a bit further away again.

Very uncharacteristic performance defensively, seemed as if Exeter always had a man free in the final third and we weren’t potent enough going forwards in the second half (for me we’re starting to feel the loss of Mehmeti).

Scowen being forced off is also a huge blow.

Hopefully we can get Taff back soon and get back on track against Fleetwood.