Skip to content

From one financial challenge to another?

124»

Comments

• 3 points off the drop zone…

Just one win and things start to look a lot better. But if they don’t win over the Easter weekend I wouldn’t be at all surprised if QPR decide to bring in someone else in a desperate attempt to stay up.

I can’t see a route back here, at least not anytime soon. Both Bristol Rovers and Wimbledon would be options for him I imagine. Entirely possible one or both of them could be looking for a new manager by Sept/Oct time.

• Was that a game at Loftus Road? I’ve a vague memory of being on holiday at the time and learning on return that there’d been quite a kerfuffle and a couple of red cards. Wasn’t one of them a case of mistaken identity ?

Can you remember the date ?

• http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/1730604.stm

Prosser

20 man brawl

One of two men not involved sent off (was he sent off for cowardice or being black?)

Young Nephew learning a new song and then repeating over family meal later

Memories clear to this day

Great day out

• Wasn't the first player sent off entirely the wrong person and then the second (who actually committed the foul) got his marching orders after pointing this out without the other card being withdrawn? Some "language" may have been involved too, it certainly was afterwards.

• McSporran (the innocent party) and Senda (the guilty). Should hitting Gallen really be a red card though?

• Thanks for the link @DevC. No wonder I couldn’t remember much about it apart from the misidentification. Must have been in Sand Bay (a few miles from Weston Super Mare) listening to a load of traditional jazz, a regular New Year event which I think may still take place.

• edited April 2023

The only football clip I watch and get seriously angry, even this far on.

He wrongly sends McSporran off, despite him being stood miles away from the incident.

Then realises his mistake.

What he obviously should have done, as you probably can't go and fetch the long departed player from the dressing room and switch the red, is just leave it alone. Take it as an "honest" mistake, and let it all be sorted out post game.

To actually then send someone else off in addition, two reds for the same crime is just utterly breathtaking nonsense.

I'd love to know from the players who were in the incident what the ref's explanation for it all was.

Was he trying to suggest that both players had done wrong?

Or was he trying to say he can't leave someone who has committed "violent conduct" on, irrespective of his mistake?

@bluntphil , maybe you can ask Danny Senda for us the next time you meet up?

• QPR fans I know were as angry with Prosser as we were as they claim that he knew what he'd done and spent the rest of the game trying to level things up.

Poor old Jocky though. Literally the only outfield player who didn't get stuck in. Mind you, as Dev suggests, he really ought to be punished for that. In that sort of situation it really should be one in all in.

• Reading's financial ineptitude may well have just done QPR a favour in the relegation battle.........how ironic given QPR's record.