Skip to content

Match day thread: Shrewsbury

1234568»

Comments

• And the PNL to be referred to as ‘manager less Oxford’ till further notice.

• PNL = presently no leadership

• What a thoroughly disappointing end to a 5 match winning run and the excitement of the return of Bloomfield. A great reception at the ground for him. I did like him chuckling away to one of the Col U songs.

Shewsbury were excellent, they were a carbon copy of our side that won promotion to the Championship a few seasons ago. Relentlessly harrying us, playing as a team, dark arts and very clear on their game plan. You can see why they won six in a row.

We appeared slightly jaded but I still cannot work out if that was the excellence of Shrewsbury or just the natural results of an emotional week. I do feel it was more Shrewsbury than anything else.

Wing and Scowen have been imperious since Xmas but were subdued.

We really missed Grimmer, for his organisation and his ability to drive us forward in recent times. Willis and Forino were solid enough but were not comfortable with the ball at their feet.

Campbell was excellent when he came on, I'd like to see him start. I don't mind who leads the line - Vokes or Hanlan. I think it would be interesting to see McCleary, Campbell and Hanlan running at Exeter. Equally, Vokes has been excellent recently so perhaps he will start instead of Hanlan.

Be interesting to see where Bloomers goes next. Three at the back or four at the back. I'd prefer a four if everyone is fit again.

Onto Saturday, let's hope we can get back on track and get another 3 points. COYB!

• Good points, credit to Shrewsbury they harried us well and on that poor pitch in the wind it was hard to play good football.

• Agree with the credit to Shrewsbury above - we all hate other clubs acting as though they beat themselves when we beat them, so it is important to acknowledge what an absolute pain Shrewsbury are to play against.