Skip to content

Official: Matt Bloomfield announced as Wycombe manager

14567810»

Comments

• Great news.

• Well deserved, Blooms!

• 100% agree

• Nice to see, Difficult to read too much into it when the original and new contract lengths were hidden and possibly not very long term but he'll no doubt appreciate the statement of support from above and a bit of increased security and confidence to carry on with what he's started.

• edited November 2023

It was nice hearing Grimmer say that Blooms is one of the most detail oriented managers he has played for. He sounded very enthusiastic.

• Always Good to see commitment shown from both sides to continue the relationship.

Am I right in thinking this is a continuation of what the deal setup was with GA? He signs an initial “long term” contract of, say 3 years, and then each year it’s extended - essentially meaning it’s a rolling long term deal. As mentioned, I like the continued commitment shown in this set up.

Must also say that along with this contract, it is nice to see deals for key personnel is done very early in the season. Scowen and Blooms signed up is great.

Can I be gready and ask for CJF contract please, now that the exit to QPR and Ainsworth has seemingly closed now!

• I love Blooms, and on a personal level I’m really pleased for him. I also really like how RC makes Wycombe Wanderers an attractive place to work, those things are important.

But without knowing the length of the original contract, doesn’t this feel slightly previous? Up until a couple of months ago there were serious reservations about the way the season was going to go, and it’s still hard to know whether we’re performing to the level of our budget. Historically the top third of L1 is a fantastic place to be, but I suspect Matt has a larger budget that most of his predecessors.

A new, long term, contract puts to bed any talk of this being a transitional season. The pressure is all on Blooms now. I look forward to cheering him on as he rises to the challenge.

• I think it's a great move.

Shifts the focus from a short-term need for results to a longer term plan that can be put into place.

I actually think it eases pressure on Bloomfield rather than increases it

• @eric_plant please stop saying things that I wholeheartedly agree with.

• I'd also much rather have Blooms under a decent contract if the club is about to be sold.

• @eric_plant Perhaps. But he’s no longer a young manager finding his way. He’s the future of the club.

• edited November 2023

Also want to add that Richard Thomas & Lee Harrison have been offered (& hopefully signed) the same extension that Matt has

• This is excellent news. I’m pretty positive about Matt Bloomfield as a developing manager and entirely positive about him as a decent human being. The excellent moral core of our club will continue and the older I get, the more that means to me.

• If he signed for 15/16 months at the end of February, that would have taken him to the end of this season. A year’s extension would take him to summer 2025

• Previous post written yesterday and, not for the first time, I must have scrolled back to check something and then forgot to press Post Comment.

• At least I remembered that time.

• And that time.

• @LX1 Heeeelp !!

• Post was a bit of a horlicks.

Basically did he pack Col Utd in for a mere 15/16 months to summer 2024, which sounds quite low.

Or was the original contract to summer 2025?