Skip to content

Ainsworth Out - Its Official

1235»

Comments

• I wonder if we will be a bit more transparent with injuries now.

• Best Wishes Gareth Dobbo and you Josh. Hope it goes well. Thanks for the good times. Regards John

• I noticed something else about Gaz in his very last post-match interview after the Bolton game.

He pointed to the strength of the players he'd left out, to praise the players that had played. "They must be playing well if this lot can't get in" etc

He did this all the time, and I got used to it but when you really break it down and analyse it it is actually a staggeringly clever thing to do. He's reinforcing his belief in the players that played whilst simultaneously giving a lift to the players that didn't. They may well have been feeling down because they didn't start but then they hear the manager talk and one of the very first things he talks about is what a good player you are.

It seems so simple but it's so so clever. Gaz's ability to just "get" things like this really shouldn't be underestimated. It's the sort of thing blue chip companies spend obscene amounts on in order to make their people better managers. Gaz just seems to understand it.

An in-depth study into his management technique would be absolutely fascinating. We all know it's good, but to see a real forensic breakdown of what he does by experts in the field would, I think, reveal him to be very special indeed.

• Brilliant post, Eric. This kind of management (speaking in general terms) definitely works just as well in business as in sports. Gareth really is at the forefront of this type of management (together with Dobbo) and it will be interesting to see if Blooms can carry this aspect on, and if the managerial "tree" expands any further.

• Sounds like Gaz could be on a bit of a hiding to nothing https://twitter.com/LoftforWords/status/1629529190549671937

• 1 win in 19 is a shocking stat.

I want Gaz to do well, but I've always disliked QPR as a bit of a pound shop Chelsea.

• Post match interviewer: Is there any news on Ilias Chair’s injury?

Ainsworth: If there is I’m not going to tell you.