Skip to content

Derby (H) - Build Up Thread

I know we don't normally have a build up thread, but it feels like this warrants it. Some thoughts:

1. Derby are on absolutely roasting hot form, and to my mind should get 2nd, barring injuries (or even catch Wednesday). There is even a thread on their forum titled 'No Stopping Us Now'. Can we do what no-one else has come close to doing lately and get a result, especially with no actual CBs?
  2. The subplot of how the fans will behave should be interesting. Some Derby fans have made threats, but will anyone really follow through? It seems like Wycombe fans are somewhat divided as to how they feel about the whole indicident.
  3. Should we stop the game for a moment's silence when we get to the Horgan onside minute of the previous home meeting?

For me, much as we really need to keep winning to have playoff hopes, I can't help but feel a draw would be a good result. Of course, maybe we end up toasting this game in retrospect as 'The Chem Game', when we depreciated Derby's automatic chances using a conventional method?

Comments