Skip to content

Trust Meeting with Rob Couhig

Comments

• Twas an interesting zoom meeting, Just glad it wasn't a colonoscopy that was being discussed.

• Oh, I think you'll find it was all a debt. One of the great truths of the world seems to be that, anyone offers you something for nothing, you're going to end up paying for it somehow.

• As awful as it was, I’ve not had a better night’s kip in years. I think my brain enacted emergency protocols to repair the damage.

The voice of ‘Les’ and his companion still rings around my head, shouting ‘WE CAN’T HEAR YOU’ every 5 minutes and then lengthily announcing they had to leave ‘DUE TO ANOTHER ENGAGEMENT’.

• You've got a thick skin hah!!

You've called me homaphobic for describing Alsop as a fairy!!!

And being a racist for describing Ikpeazu as the new beast😵‍💫!!!!

I've thankfully never met you but from this above I'd say you skin would resemble that of a wet rizla.

• The Zoom stuff wasn't just the numbers limit Dev, Nobody even stopping to ask the question if it could be fixed, or address the voting issue properly was annoying but no more than the sound and vision issues that have accompanied several other trust meetings. Then the extremely selectively choice of questions, not allowing people to ask on video, and the arrogant way people expressing concerns were cut off right at the end. Several trust members have offered to assist with these meetings.

Maybe it's a new fangled thing that doesn't appeal but in truth Chairman rarely run large public or internal "town hall" style meetings anymore in the corporate world it's far more likely that communication teams would handle both the setup and the staging, with the chair either delivering a speech or being interviewed. I have a vague memory of Matt Cecill hosting similarly in the past. I also have memories of Graham Kelly in the 90s presiding over FA Cup draws with as much enthusiasm as some roadkill and steadfastly refusing to leave it to someone who new better.

• The zoom i’m referring to is the one written by Celebrity Chairboy, Lionel “Rags” Ritchie and Ronald LePraed spelling? in 1977, nothing disrespectful towards Larry obviously.

• I'd probably keep those quotes of yours buried in the archives to be honest 🤣

• @Malone everything's offensive now if you dig deeper enough!! People have to much time on there hands, look at these hermits gluing themselves to roads!!

Horrendous things are happening around the world still, famine and illegal wars haven't gone away but everyone wants to be offender by nothing.

• Back on topic, why did the Couhigs Yeovil take over never go through?

• Should probably just add I'm dyslexic... I get my there's and theirs mixed.... my grammar is terrible.

• edited November 2022

They hate fireworks.

Or maybe they wanted too much Huish money.

Or maybe the Worldwide Glovers Phenomenon caused legal trouble when it got mixed up with a global burglar network conference.

Or maybe the fact they have 'Evil' hidden in their name put the Couhigs off.

• Ding ding ding...gasroom komedy klaxon had gone into mad spins over that hush Huish pun

• It's not a day for chuckles, but allow me a gentle chuckle at Robby C in his pre Yeovil takeover pr saying he aimed to make Yeovil the "most exciting" place for football in the country.

I mean frig me, that makes the big noises here seem mild.

• Absolutely raging with the WWT board. To have allowed RC to run up losses of this level without seriously pushing back or indeed thinking of telling their members is disgraceful and grossly irresponsible. As someone else said it goes against the Trust's stated aim of sustainability. One thing is for sure, I won't be voting for ANY current board member at next week's AGM.

That's before you get on to the organisational shambles of the meeting itself.

Livid.

• Just calmly read through the presentation notes and Q and A.

Two things that strike me. Why the immediate rush now - we have to vote by Saturday? It is a bit (cynical me) pie in the sky. I wonder how much of this is actually costed or was costed the purpose of last night?

The chance of the road being built and the subsequent extra 500 bums on seats seems wishful thinking. If planning went in today as we were told the ecological and planning overhead of that could take months or years. I am sure many neighbours will be concerned about green belt and enabling development impact. Let's face we are not renown in this country for getting ahead of things like this. Another culture shock for Rob?

I have voted. And I decided to vote for. Why? Well there is no plan B. There is no other option.

and as pointless as my vote is I feel the same way about my trust membership. I was one of the original shareholders going back to when there were 400 of us. My certificate proudly hangs on my wall. Turning my back on the trust is not something I do lightly but they are impotent and pointless. In my opinion.

• Bloody hell... never noticed the Evil in their name before !!

• I agree and I don’t want anything to do with the Trust any more. A pointless exercise from hereon in.

• The real question is - where is Alan Parry in all of this?

• I am very worried about the future of the football club.

I don't believe Rob is trying to run some kind of long con. But I also don't think we can responsibly spend the amount of money he wants to spend, to do all the things he wants to do.

We can't afford to renovate the ground, and build a new access road, and have a competitive squad year on year, and improve the match day experience, and have a large B-team based on current projected revenues.

The only way we can get that kind of money is if we very quickly get into the Championship, and stay there. It's an enormous amount of debt to rack up against an enormous risk.

I'm not going to approve a proposal that likely leaves us millions of pounds in debt, still in League One. For that reason I've voted no.

• edited November 2022

Apologies if this has been answered already, but why do we need a vote when the Trust don't have any kind of power to block the proposal (or do they?)?

• Hear hear. I just voted no too. I expect it will pass, so this is likely more a vote of no confidence or a protest vote than anything else, unfortunately.

• My guess is they can block the proposal, though RC would then just spend in a way we could not match anyway to force the issue. It's all symbolic gestures at this point.

• They tried to buy the ground then.

And I wonder the difference between 3m loss (debt) and 3m gap in income or whatever the wording was.

• Just watched it. He’s still a likeable guy. But couple of points. Pete’s gone? Was that announced? Rob has an American understanding of football fans and their affiliation with their ‘home’. The thought that fans might be happy playing in a shit hole with a corrugated tin roof but wouldn’t swap it for a new mega dome if it meant relocating to a new town is totally alien to him.

• In the clip, Bobby C infers that Pete "decided to go" as in disappointment that they couldn't buy the ground.

I deeply suspect this will rear its head once again, when the finances unravel.

• The stuff about Pete is really interesting. Clearly quite a big rift has opened up between him and the Trust. I think we're finally beginning to understand what was going on over the summer...

• I've voted no but the Trust will push it through regardless. I do not want to be partly responsible if the club goes out-of business.