Skip to content

Match day thread: Derby

Comments

• What a strange world we live in when calling someone a c..t is seen as justified but saying that a person has a hairstyle like Jacob Rees Mogg is regarded as online bullying.

• Being mentioned in the same breath as Rees Mogg is bullying... vile tories

• Genuinely surprised that anyone could think @ReturnToSenda was the offender in that exchange.

If you act like a prick then it shouldn’t be a shock when someone calls you out.

• We were utter crap for 25 minutes. Took 30 minutes to have a shot of any kind. Then what happened? Last 15 of the 1st half we should have 3 at least but they wouldn't go in due to saves from the keeper and blocks by defenders. Last minute great Cashin tackle allied to a couple of good saves by Wildsmith saw us go in 1 down. Breakaways apart, you weren't stopping us in the 2nd. Cue 70 minutes, applause and God save..... right at the end of the anthem we score. We went for more, kept you under pressure but just one more was added to the tally. A well earned 2-1 win. 26 shots, 12 on target to your 12/5.

Chances came and went. We could have seen 8 or more goals go in. I think we deserved the win but I wouldn't had argued too much if a coupe of your breakaways had seen a draw. I enjoyed the match. Even the opening 25 as we saw some decent defending and saves. Your goal. Simple in its start, brilliant at the end. Long ball from the keeper, 2 of our defenders go for it, one of yours nods it on to the now unmarked Mehmeti who sent Cashin the wrong way, cut inside and put a good shot just inside the near post. He looks very good and, if he keeps on playing like that I can see you losing him in January as he will attract a lot of attention.

• Mehmeti is absolutely rubbish and yesterday (along with his other 4 league goals already) was nothing more than a fluke. Don't waste your time telling anyone that he is worth millions.

• Was @glasshalffull's point not that neither of them chose their words or arguments as well they might have done?

• That was one of the most depressing read backs on here for a long time.

We really all should be able to provide our opinions and views on a loss, draw or win without resorting to personal digs at each other.

I wasn’t able to watch yesterday’s game so I rely on all of your comments to get a feel for how we played and how the game went.

I liked @Shev’s contextualising and think it added a lot to the debate of where we are as a team at the moment and chimes with my feeling at games that us taking the lead is more likely to lead to us conceding rather than scoring again.

• edited September 2022

I've certainly lost the conscious expectation that we will come back from a deficit late in games. I think that expectation was the outlier rather than the norm, however - based on two or three wonderful years of it happening almost routinely, so am reconciled to the loss of it.

• Again - I’m not defending the language, but as you said yourself, the initial attack was unnecessary and not something that I think anyone wants to see on the gasroom. We can move on now, but both things can be true - I.e. initial post being a form of bullying, the response back using language that we don’t want to see on here.

• Comes to something when the performance on the pitch yesterday is the least depressing aspect of the match day thread. The team will get better. I hope the Gasroom regains it’s form soon too.

• edited September 2022

Excuse my language. Not a word I'd ordinarily use but understandable in the context, I'd hope.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Anyway, both in the wrong but I hope the apologies mean that we can now move on. On another note, I’ve written my preview for next week’s BFP and realised that in the first two months of the season our fixture list includes games against all three clubs relegated from the Championship last season plus five of the top eight finishers from League One. Given the departure of key players and injuries to others it’s not surprising that our start has been so inconsistent.

• I'd have thought you'd be happy for him to tell you out in the open. You can't have it both ways.

• @fame_46 It’s fine to think someone has a ‘crap personality’ but it’s being a prick to say it.

• edited September 2022

Also, @fame_46, I have never tried to charge for my content. At least get your facts right if you're going to continue your weird little attack.

• edited September 2022

You're literally talking about me - again, very personally - in full view on a public forum. You're a bully.

• I enjoy generally the discussions on the gasroom because they are civilised and full of insight.

surely we can continue these discussions without personal abuse and/or wholly inappropriate swear words. ?

let’s leave that to some of the idiots who are on the Facebook sites

remember the time honoured rule : type a message to someone as though you are speaking to them in the same room (hopefully for most of us ,if not all of us ,that should be enough of a guide)

• Shall we change the subject for a bit?

Has anyone/any relatives joined the Queue?

• You must have attracted some very odd girlfriends with your animal magnetism!

• edited September 2022

I think I'm just going to stop posting on here, tbh. I come on the Gasroom to talk about my team with other fans, not put up with this shit. I just thought I'd say rather than vanish without a trace. Take care.

• Which part of "if he keeps on playing like that" did you not understand? Or are you just being stroppy / purposely awkward?

First time I've seen the lad and he was mustard yesterday. If he's been "lucky" the rest of the season, fine. I based my comments on what I saw and, as it was just the one game of yours I'd seen, added the caveat.

• It was a joke @Raminpeace ... quite a lot of our fans have started to tell everyone else that he's rubbish... in the hope that no one will want him and he'll stay with us longer.

• WTF is this? Had a wee drinky? Down there with the worst I've seen on here. Can't believe people are reasoning with this twonk beyond this.

• I still don’t like the clubs media reaction to defeats. The highlight footage is always where it should be but when we win I see postings on all social media to show them. When we lose I don’t see them.

I hope this isn’t a deliberate ploy.

• @ReturnToSenda There’s only one person coming out of this argument badly and it isn’t you. Entirely your call whether to continue to post but I wouldn’t let them stop you.

• Think it's understandable, they are after engagement, commercial stuff - website hits, increased visits to the shop etc, when we have a great win that can be exploited and people want to replay it in a million different ways, when we lose most people want to put it behind them and move on to the next one, and then you get those who just want to abuse everyone should we lose regardless of the circumstances and they can probably do without them.

• Life can’t be as bleak as you have interpreted from my post whilst we still have Mehmeti.

Filled my glass again this morning whilst having had insult added to injury by writing the match report to yesterday’s defeat. That made me feel bleak.

As you’re playing Mr Sunshine to my black cloud how many points are we getting out of our next four?

Sheffield Wednesday (A)

Plymouth Argyle (H)

Oxford United (A)

Peterborough United (H)

Where would that leave us in the table?

Also, if this season’s pattern continues we’ll have at least one more key player out through injury and another serving a completely unnecessary suspension.

I think this glass needs some more alcohol.