Skip to content

Adams Park capacity increase

Comments

• 1) You continue that stream of consciousness that has got you into so much trouble previously.

2) The usual suspects extrapolate based on nothing but their need to contribute to the thread even though their track record on ownership questions is ropey at best .

3) Hyberbole reaches a crescendo.

4) Nothing happens

5) @micra criticises me quite justifiably on my awful grammar and punctuation .

6) We sign someone called Tom Wagcock and they change the flavours of the crisps at the kiosks.

7) We all move on.

• I could see some kind of development whereby the village is made a semi-permanent structure, expanded further into the existing car park and integrated into a rebuilt home end. A steeper safe-standing terrace with a bar/hospitality/ seating above would work quite quite well I think. Removing the corner turnstiles, tea bar and toilets in that corner and incorporating them into a concourse under the stand would also free up space and make the layout more efficient.

• All this talk about ground extensions, new signings, exciting new crisp flavours…

Close season isn’t supposed to be like this!!

Where’s my “how on earth will we scape a decent team together” comfort zone gone?

• Indeed @bookertease we should be like DCFC and all be waiting for the next chancer to come along and offer a bag of washers a few thousand yen to buy the club out of administration.

Too much optimism for a Monday.

• edited June 2022

With hopefully a creche for Finlay?

(FYI - Finlay's great great grandfather used to work at the gasworks opposite Loakes Park).

• Congratulations @Twizz!!!!

• edited June 2022

Thanks @Shev but I'm only Finlay's grandad. Congratulations should be given to @Glenactico for another WWFC supporter.

I will be claiming Finlay as a fourth (male) generation WWFC fan at Adams Park, when he watches his first game.

• Important interviews with the owner should not be behind a paywall.

• edited June 2022

I've changed tack slightly on this, but I think it's fine to paywall them in the first instance - give paying subscribers value in the form of exclusivity - but they should be made free to watch after a couple of days or so.

• I think WanderersTV should be free with a season ticket anyway.

• I thought this the other day. I know loads of fans who buy a season ticket every season even though there is not a chance they will get to enough games to make it financially advantageous. They just want to support the club.

They shouldn't be asked to pony up another fiver a month for this content, in my opinion.

To be honest, I actually think it should be free for everyone, but that's not going to happen.

• The quality of the content has dramatically improved since moving to a fee based system. I’m comfortable paying £5 a month for it. It’s also good at keeping our worldwide partners engaged. Makes commercial sense. The important bits get leaked on here, Facebook or twitter anyway.

• Wanderers TV cost money to set up and I suspect the running and maintenance fees are significant.

We all want things free or subsidised (I am as bad as the next person), however we also want Wycombe to be successful on the field. To help achieve that Rob must maximise income (or at least recover costs), so I personally have no problem paying the monthly fee. It is not compulsory to subscribe after all!

• For those of us that aren't paying / can't afford to pay, could someone give me a summary over what was mentioned? What did he actually say about Adams Park etc?

• I know loads of fans who buy a season ticket every season even though there is not a chance they will get to enough games to make it financially advantageous. They just want to support the club.

Indeed, that's me. I think I made it, physically, to about 10 games last season, so they cost me about £40 each, then I paid a tenner for every one of the other games that I didn't make it to to watch it from Belgium, plus £5 a month just for, well, some interviews that I never watch. So all in, about £600 for a season. Thankfully my wife doesn't read the Gasroom.

• For the stadium:

·       Dramatic changes are needed to maintain financial sustainability, either at AP or elsewhere, thou AP is preferred.

·       Revamp of AP with new access road, car parking, pitch, additional stands, improved terrace and main stand.

·       Aiming for 12500 capacity.

·       If trust don’t go along, somewhere else in Wycombe (and 100% Wycombe) will be looked into.

·       Lord Dashwood has been open to access road giving ideas, new parking will be needed with new access road. Progress expected very shortly but only if the increase to 12500 is also to go ahead.

There is also some sort of membership for non ST holders to prioritise away / cup matches after the ST allocation is gone.

A WWFC Hall of Fame is also being developed with Pete heading up the research.

Rob's target is automatic promotion this year and he light heartedly blamed Missy for us not getting them this year as she wanted to go to Wembley.

The Derby bits that are covered elsewhere.

The rest was talking about leavers and the development squad.

• ‘Dramatic changes are needed to maintain financial sustainability…’

that doesn’t sound great.

• I read it as 'We've tarted up the old girl as much as we can but she needs surgery now as the layers of makeup aren't going to bring in any more punters'.

It's all based around us being a Championship club and the additional home / away fans that brings with it. Plus the increase that an 'improved fan experience' brings.

• It worries me, and has done since day one, how much of the Couhig’s plan involves us getting to the Championship and staying there.

• edited June 2022

Reading this, I would say there's only one word for this. FANTASTIC!

Unfortunately, I think both definitions of it apply.

The "this sounds great, brilliant" one, but also the "this is a bit far fetched, fanciful" one too.

The idea that we'll get permission from the Dashwoods, find millions of pounds and go through years of planning through to realisation for this new road, plus find loads of parking too is just too hard to comprehend.

But we need all of the above to get the safety certificate to allow a higher capacity, which is currently limited by the one access road.

There must be a bit of "should we not explore a new location" as a better option in the back of everyone's minds? One where we could dare I say do something like MK's set-up where you have xxx capacity, but with room to increase if you ever needed it. (As opposed to the Booker white elephant way too big plan).

• Knock down Wycombe Abbey and build it there

• I’m honestly not sure what’s more fantastic. The idea of building access roads and increasing the capacity of AP, or the idea that there’s an available, affordable site somewhere in HW for a 12-15000 capacity stadium.

• I love our ground, as in the actual building, but I do wish it was nearer the town center and not at the end of an industrial estate

• Is Booker not that?

But ideally without us paying rent to be tenants there, and have next to zero earning capacity.

• I don’t know if they appreciate just how lucky (and I don’t mean in the PPG sense, we deserved promotion on that basis) we were to reach the championship.

• On one hand yes, but on another it's good that they're confident about being back there.

Keep saying we were lucky and it may well never happen again probably has more of self fulfilling prophecy about it.

• I’ve always thought that the site where Morrison’s currently sits would have been perfect for a new ground.

Won’t be easy finding a central location with enough space that’s for sure.

• I dont mind the pay wall as I know that there will always be someone on the Gasroom who will be elated/incensed enough to post the salient points on here!😁

• Would that have enough room for a ground? Hard to judge the sort of space needed really.

• I'm with @Malone - we've got to believe we are of that level. Our league form over the past three seasons has proved that we are a team that is rightly 'up there', and we are intending to back it up with a 'smash the door down' assault on the automatics this season - and with younger, "speedier" players too.

As for the interview and the ongoing debate as to the Couhigs' genuineness, the guy couldn't even get his sentence out through his own emotion as he tried to explain what Anthony Stewart's performance against Oxford at Wembley meant to him. Pete apparently knows more about the club's history than most of us. This cynical talk is for the birds - you just have to see what the club means to them. They will be around a lot longer than some people think.