Skip to content

Match day thread: Burton

Comments

• The old Wheeler on for Horgan sub has the same old outcome.

• Let's hope MK are using up their goal allocation today.

• Well done David Wheeler.

• Great pass from Scowen, strong play by Wheels and poked in by Obita

• Well we've got the most convenient semi!

• Yeah, no idea where he was getting his dates from

• So it wasn't a must win game then.

• Looking at the championship schedule. We're Thursday 5th.

• He was looking at the playoff dates for the Championship!

• Well done lads. Great season whatever happens.

Looking forward to sitting with a cup of tea and flicking through PASOTI later on ?

• Shocker from Plymouth. MK might be relieved to get us...but so were Oxford. What a great end to the season.

• Let's hope Forino is fit for Thursday along with the rest of the starting 11

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Well done lads. Great season whatever happens.

Looking forward to sitting with a cup of tea and flicking through PASOTI later on ?

I’d make a pot of tea if I were you. It may be a long read…

• Stewart was wobbling at times and his most recent form hasn’t been brilliant. But it’s still a big call to automatically bring in Forino.
    Once again ‘massive’ clubs didn’t make the promotion picture and Derby fans celebrating their league 1title next season might need to check themselves.

• No matter what, 83 points and playoffs in a L1 this competitive is a stunning achievement, especially the run we had to go on to get over the line.

MK will be hot favourites, and that could play in our favour. We love an underdog tag, us!!!

• Such a shame that Hanlan and Mehmeti will likely miss out. Two great options to have. It’s a time for heroes for sure.

• Perhaps they’ll be fit for the Final.

• McCleary didn't look comfortable at the end; hobbling a bit. Hopefully not serious.

• Hard to put into words how pleased I am, and after a shaky first 25 minutes, it was all quite straight forward in the end wasn't it? I always though Milton Keynes would get a result against Plymouth, but it was nice of them to take care of business so quickly.

Hopefully that's the cobwebs gone for Anthony Stewart, he looked back to his old self in the last 15-20 minutes. Shows what a find Forino has been.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Stewart was wobbling at times and his most recent form hasn’t been brilliant. But it’s still a big call to automatically bring in Forino.
    Once again ‘massive’ clubs didn’t make the promotion picture and Derby fans celebrating their league 1title next season might need to check themselves.

Surely you have to go on current form for the play offs. Forino is our best central defender at the moment and Stewart did nothing exceptional today to permanently reclaim his spot.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Well we've got the most convenient semi!

"I went onto my phone to check the other scores in League One and accidentally opened a different website altogether..."

• @mooneyman said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Stewart was wobbling at times and his most recent form hasn’t been brilliant. But it’s still a big call to automatically bring in Forino.

Surely you have to go on current form for the play offs. Forino is our best central defender at the moment and Stewart did nothing exceptional today to permanently reclaim his spot.

I mean, Taf is our best CB, but definitely Forino > Stewart

• What a day that was, so proud to be a Wycombe fan

• Any news on Thompson or is his season done?
    Would be a massive boost to have him, Hanlan and Mehmeti fit.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Any news on Thompson or is his season done?
    Would be a massive boost to have him, Hanlan and Mehmeti fit.

And Forino.

• Hanlan is wearing a protective boot in the video the club tweeted this afternoon. Thommo seems to be moving pretty freely, although it’s hard to tell!

• Thompson would be a bonus but with Wing, Gape, Scowen we have 3 great options. Forino being fit would be a relief. Having Mehmeti and Hanlan back would be the difference to me.