Skip to content

Match day thread: Burton

Comments

• Just a reminder for our America based chairboys 12:30 kick off GMT.

Central Time : 6:30 AM
    Pacific Time : 4:30 AM
    Eastern Time : 7:30 AM

• 12.30 is bad enough.

• @BSE said:
    Just a reminder for our America based chairboys 12:30 kick off GMT.

Missing me out huh, @BSE?

Mountain Time 5:30 AM

Would not miss it for the world!

• Hello from 5:30am Shev.

Big day today. There is some new footage of Torquay up on WanderersTV, along with the regular highlights package of that day. Stewart, Scowen, Blooms, Dobbo & Gaz all there.

Here’s to another famous day for the club. Whatever happens, we’ve come a long way.
    COYB!

• Here's to a big day, @bluntphil!!!

• @Shev said:

@BSE said:
    Just a reminder for our America based chairboys 12:30 kick off GMT.

Missing me out huh, @BSE?

Mountain Time 5:30 AM

Would not miss it for the world!

Ops, sorry Shev!

• I'd imagine GA will be giving a similar talk to what he gave at Torquay. Start strong, get the early goal and we can affect other results. Plymouth for one, will get very jittery if they hear we've scored early on.

• @bluntphil said:
    Hello from 5:30am Shev.

Big day today. There is some new footage of Torquay up on WanderersTV, along with the regular highlights package of that day. Stewart, Scowen, Blooms, Dobbo & Gaz all there.

Here’s to another famous day for the club. Whatever happens, we’ve come a long way.
    COYB!

@bluntphil we need to know where the Hawaiian shirt was bought from?

• Hawaiian?!

• @username123 said:

@bluntphil said:
    Hello from 5:30am Shev.

COYB!

@bluntphil we need to know where the Hawaiian shirt was bought from?

https://art4now.com/collections/bayouwear/products/hawaiian-shirt-gator-print

• The shirt is an official New Orleans Jazz Festival shirt, I’m told they make one every year and this one dates back to the early 00s.

Pete brought over a suitcase of Mardi Gras stuff for the office for the Cambridge game and chucked the shirt at me as I was the same size as Fitz, his brother and original owner of the magic shirt.

We’d not won for seven games so I jokingly said that if we win that night I’d keep wearing it until we lost a game. 11 games later…

• Car park at the ground is full, industrial estate round the corner

• Does the car park have its own Twitter account?

• @drcongo said:
    Does the car park have its own Twitter account?

It has a statue of a swan ? ?

• @bluntphil said:
    The shirt is an official New Orleans Jazz Festival shirt, I’m told they make one every year and this one dates back to the early 00s.

Pete brought over a suitcase of Mardi Gras stuff for the office for the Cambridge game and chucked the shirt at me as I was the same size as Fitz, his brother and original owner of the magic shirt.

We’d not won for seven games so I jokingly said that if we win that night I’d keep wearing it until we lost a game. 11 games later…

You may be the first and only person to commentate at Wembley wearing a Mardi Gras shirt? Fingers crossed the unbeaten run continues!

• No Forino in the squad today. I hear he was caught on the WKD’s in Oceana last night.

• Anthony won’t let us down! Never thought I’d be making that comment. Just shows what an impression the would-be Baresi has made.

• Bonjour mes amis.
    Je viens juste d'arriver de la charmante ville française de Vipienne.
    Allez les bleus.

• Goedemiddag vanuit Dover, dat vandaag in de buurt van Amsterdam ligt

• Can't speak Dutch, but looking good from here. The bar even serves Rebellion!

• Their pitch is a mess

• Come on lads!!!

• Wednesday 0 Portsmouth 1.

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Goedemiddag vanuit Dover, dat vandaag in de buurt van Amsterdam ligt

Ik ook

• Sunderland 1 up.

• Damn - Morecambe 0 Sunderland 1.

• Anthony Stewart cannot pass a football

• Great tackle and then distribution from Stocko!

• Looks like we can't rely on Morecambe today.