Skip to content

Start the mill up - Warburton thinks he's leaving QPR

13»

Comments

• I think this is the time when Ainsworth love of Wycombe will be tested. Some good jobs about that I’m sure he will be in on the short lists. Clearly promotion would help persuade him. Exciting times for the club but also worrying about the manager’s future and the impact that could have if he left.

• GA leaving...1. Would Dobbo go? 2. Would children want their education moved? 3. End of the band unless they all move Up North? 4. Would any club pay the compensation that would be due to WWFC?

A few factors that could mean staying where he is highly regarded and has the full backing of the owners.

• Would Gaz really want to go into Blackburn in this state?

• He could leave and take all of that list with him...

(But I really really hope he doesn’t!)

• He's proven pretty good at leading a club in crisis to success before. Also, I don't really see how being able to bring in his own assistant and players are a downside for him

I worry every time the QPR and Blackburn jobs come up, and this time they're both vacant

• The whole ethos of Wycombe Wanderers would change so dramatically if GA left that the prospect doesn’t bear thinking about. Rob Couhig is well aware of that and no doubt rewards him accordingly. In these troubled and uncertain times I like to think that Gareth values the security and happiness of his present job above all other considerations.

• Great point by @DevonBlue about the band too. GA loves his music as much as football. One more thing to keep him down south.

For what it's worth, someone on the Blackburn forum claimed to have met GA and was told his dream job is QPR, not Blackburn.

I am still not worried, but glad Bloomers appears to be taking to coaching well, just in case!

• This discussion keeps coming up now almost weekly. One reads of "selling clubs" but there are also a lot of "sacking clubs". Why should a man with a settled job, and family, much admired and with outside interests want to join one of them.
    I know money is important but there are other considerations.

• @wingnut said:
    This discussion keeps coming up now almost weekly. One reads of "selling clubs" but there are also a lot of "sacking clubs". Why should a man with a settled job, and family, much admired and with outside interests want to join one of them.
    I know money is important but there are other considerations.

It’s called ambition to test yourself at the highest possible level. That’s what potentially what could be on offer.

• I quite agree and for some people that is a great motivator but not for everybody. it also depends on what stage of life you have reached. What is important right now might not be quite so important later on.

• @davecz excitedly starting his engine and setting the satnav for Ewood Park again?
    I'll believe it when it happens myself.